• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2011
I'm making a level script where it changes the sprite from a character on the map with "checkgender" (if you are male; the character is female. And if you are female; the character is male) but I don't know what command I should use to make that change...

I searched in Ruby that same script, but I only found some "setvar 0x4010 0x69" and "setvar 4010 0x64"... I don't know if that matters...

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
I'm making a level script where it changes the sprite from a character on the map with "checkgender" (if you are male; the character is female. And if you are female; the character is male) but I don't know what command I should use to make that change...

I searched in Ruby that same script, but I only found some "setvar 0x4010 0x69" and "setvar 4010 0x64"... I don't know if that matters...

Why, that's exactly what changes the sprite. ^_^

If there is an OW on a map and its Picture No. is '240' (it looks like some orange guy with glasses in AdvanceMap), then that sprite's in-game image will change depending on what the variable '0x4010' is set to. If it is '0x64', then the OW will be displayed as the male hero while if it's '0x69', then it will be displayed as the heroine.

The way you would utilize it would be as follows:

Code:
checkgender
compare LASTRESULT 0x0 // 0 == male
if B_TRUE call @female
compare LASTRESULT 0x1 // 1 == female
if B_TRUE call @male

#org @female
setvar 0x4010 0x69
return

#org @male
setvar 0x4010 0x64
return

It's a little counterintuitive because if the player is male, it runs the female script and vice versa. However, if you think about it, you want it to display the sprite opposite of the player's gender.
Hope that helps. :)

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
So, I decided to make another script since that one wouldn't work. But this one, unfortunately, doesn't work either.
The movements won't happen and the flag 0x1600 won't work.
Spoiler:

What could be causing the problem?

Last edited:

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
Make sure you have the right ID number and like I said before If a flag doesn't work just switch over to a var. Also try re-pointing the script to a different location.

kacqn

???
Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2015
I was making a script for Brock (The part where he gives you the badge for defeating him),in a hack I'm doing, but for some reason, it doesn't compile it says "Error 13 "type mismatch" on line 28. Missing Dynamic Label."

Game: FireRed
Type: Trainer Battle, Offical Battle
Editor: XSE
Script:

Spoiler:

[Solved]

Last edited:

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I was making a script for Brock (The part where he gives you the badge for defeating him),in a hack I'm doing, but for some reason, it doesn't compile it says "Error 13 "type mismatch" on line 28. Missing Dynamic Label."

Game: FireRed
Type: Trainer Battle, Offical Battle
Editor: XSE
Script:

Spoiler:

Ehm... you should read the error messages, because XSE told you what was wrong already. Missing dynamic label, indeed. That is, there's no msg3 nor msg4 texts in your script.

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2021
i have a question could i make two
different pokemon make another pokemon.
for example pikatu and baulbasaur make a
fakemon.

is there a way to do that

kacqn

???
Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2015
Ehm... you should read the error messages, because XSE told you what was wrong already. Missing dynamic label, indeed. That is, there's no msg3 nor msg4 texts in your script.
I did, but now I have a problem. When I talk to Brock, he says. "I'm Brock, the Gym leader of..." then it goes blank for four or so more blank lines, we battle, I won, but be doesn't give the badge.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
So, I decided to make another script since that one wouldn't work. But this one, unfortunately, doesn't work either.
The movements won't happen and the flag 0x1600 won't work.
Spoiler:

What could be causing the problem?

Checkflags don't need compare LASTRESULT because the command would be checking what's in LASTRESULT and not what the flag value is.

Fixed in script~

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I did, but now I have a problem. When I talk to Brock, he says. "I'm Brock, the Gym leader of..." then it goes blank for four or so more blank lines, we battle, I won, but be doesn't give the badge.
It's because badge string practically doesn't exist...
There's nothing what could make that string activate.

Try this.

Spoiler:

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
kacqn, you can't put two \n next to each other. Leader\nof\nPewter change one of the \n to \p or \l, or simply remove one.

Last edited:

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
You don't have to tell me I'm aware of it, I just copied the strings from his script.

I actually was speaking with kacqn. Sorry if it meant you..

Anyways, I have a question. In Ruby, what are the vars I can use? (stupid/lazy question, but I forgot..)

KotovSyndrome_

Consumer of many asparagus.
Years
I have a question..

If I were to make my own Pokecenter script, how do you make Nurse Joy operate the machine? (eg. put the pokeballs on there)

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back