• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Signature Rules & Check Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmet476

standing around
Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2014
Hmm, my sig didn't have a scroll box. I made sure of it. Why did it get banned?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Hmm, my sig didn't have a scroll box. I made sure of it. Why did it get banned?

The dimensions of this picture:

Spoiler:

are width: 700px, height: 200px. The maximum width allowed for images in signatures is 600px, so the image was too wide by 100px and will have to be cropped before replacing it :)

ahmet476

standing around
Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2014
Oh, I see. Thanks for the info. I'll fix it. Probably tomorrow. You see I requested it from a friend and I gave him the sig limits of this forum. I guess he didn't read them and I thought he did and didn't check the size myself.

I think image is done. Trying to fix the text a bit.

--------------

I think it's ok now.

Last edited:

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
I did this from my phone, 's yeah.

Sirfetch’d

Is mine Ok? I havent changed it in a while and this is my first animated sig and was just checking.

Cid

Years
Can anyone see if I screwed up my CSS or not?

I sure hope not, it's been a while since I used CSS in my signature. ;;

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Can anyone see if I screwed up my CSS or not?

I sure hope not, it's been a while since I used CSS in my signature. ;;

It's totally fine, plus looks nice!!

Reactions: Cid

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
Hello, I was in here and asked about my signature and was told it was fine, I can find the post but I have not changed the size at all I only added a blastoise in the middle, now I ask why has it been disabled?

EDIT: Found it,

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~RNC~ View Post
Changed my signature again so coming in to ask if it's ok, so if need be I can fix it before it gets disabled if not!
Thanks
Yup, your signature is A-Okay c: (it's fine!)

Last edited:

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Looks like the image + text exceeds the 350px limit. As for why you were told it was alright before... I'm unsure. Did you have the same amount of text that time?

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
Yes, like I said it was all the same, I only added the blastoise to it and that post I found was from page 18if some one could ask who told me it was alright and it just got disabled when it wasn't?

Nihilego

Years
It looks like the person who originally checked your signature was simply wrong, in that case. I know that on some styles, the 350px scrollbar doesn't show up which can lead to incorrect signature estimates. Honest mistake, I guess. Unfortunately, having just checked it myself, your signature is slightly over the limit so the text needs to go or the image should be made smaller or something like that.

So yeah, bottom line, mistake on our part but no harm done in the end since no infractions or anything were given. Just make the sig a bit smaller and you're all good. :]

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
Can you tell me how I can I click on my sig it comes up as 600 x 300 which makes it below the sig rules, I know those few little clickables above do not take it over 50?

Nihilego

Years
The simple answer is that the clickables do take it over the 350px limit. Only by a few pixels, but indeed, over. I imagine making the font a little bit smaller would fix it up, or removing one of the lines. You can also shrink the image but... yeah. The extra couple of clickables make up more than 50px.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I would rather shrink the image than remove the links, can you tell me about how much it's over the limit please?

You'd have to shrink the image about 50-60 pixels. The image itself is perfectly within the rules, yes. It is the addition of the larger text that really takes it out of proportion, which has been said.

Razor Leaf said that it's about 50 pixels over the limit, so if I were you, I'd take the image about 50 pixels shorter.

You don't have to remove the links, you could just make the font size about a size or two smaller, or remove one of the spaces in between the lines of text you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back