• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CrystalDust [v3 PUBLIC ALPHA]

Years
Wow that was very fast lmao!
I like the list of changes and fixes in the new patch ill try it today when my net gets faster i can barely open this page haha :D
I wonder how could the sprites cause the dex glitch 0.o
Can you give an example of a use of the sprites that can be seen from other maps?
Thanks again for fixing the Dex for a moment i thot that its another Android exclusive bug :(

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
ElitePokes, you forgot to mention Baboa in the Safari Zone. His calls are scripted after you meet him and he registers you. ;)

But that was an addition to HG/SS and wasn't in the original Crystal. The question becomes whether diego is including the Safari Zone, in which case we have to account for this.

Cyclone

Shiny Zard

Call me Iroh.:Zard Collector:
Years
If this was more of HG&SS or Crystal, I would still play it! But is this legit or not: I found a Shiny Magikarp on the first try in the lake of rage.

Years
I was talking about the available phone calls you get in this hack and its based on Crystal not the remakes so i didnt forgot anything :D

If this was more of HG&SS or Crystal, I would still play it! But is this legit or not: I found a Shiny Magikarp on the first try in the lake of rage.

Ofc it is your very lucky and congrats the only shiny pokemon i had in this hack was the famous red gyarados and the shiny pokemon from odd eggs :(
Buy its ok since im just testing the betas id have to delete my saves anyway :D

Last edited:

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Wow that was very fast lmao!
I like the list of changes and fixes in the new patch ill try it today when my net gets faster i can barely open this page haha :D
I wonder how could the sprites cause the dex glitch 0.o
Can you give an example of a use of the sprites that can be seen from other maps?
Thanks again for fixing the Dex for a moment i thot that its another Android exclusive bug :(
It was because the address that the mod was using accidentally overwrote the Pokédex caught/seen locations.
And an example of that would be the border between Routes 38 and 39; you can see a Beauty from Route 39 and a Cooltrainer from Route 38. That, or Azalea and Route 33; you can see the Hiker from Azalea.
ElitePokes, you forgot to mention Baboa in the Safari Zone. His calls are scripted after you meet him and he registers you. ;)

But that was an addition to HG/SS and wasn't in the original Crystal. The question becomes whether diego is including the Safari Zone, in which case we have to account for this.

Cyclone
I will not be having Baboa in the game, nor the Cianwood Safari Zone; you'll just have to wait and see for the Safari Zone.
That Shiny Magikarp is legit, nice job! Also, I'm not quite sure what you mean by that first sentence.

Android mini-update released! The Android day of the week bug has now been fixed! :D

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2015
I hope I can, but don't take that as confirmation.

Also new in this update: inescapable Pokémon, new music (and Silver sprite) from tonti, and new Falkner overworld sprite from Retribution!
And now more in-depth:
Pokémon that were inescapable in Crystal (such as Suicune or the Pokémon in the Rocket Hideout) are now inescapable in CrystalDust!
New music from tonti includes the two Bug-Catching Contest themes and a new Goldenrod City theme! The Silver battle sprite has also been updated by him.
A new and not-crap Falkner overworld sprite, made by Retribution, makes its debut!

Please share your opinions on all the new things in the thread!
(Don't worry, Android testing coming soon)
great update, i'll see what i can do for the upcoming patches. i hope i can contribute to the changes of this hack.

Sierraffinity

Years
And i just sent a bug report to the My Boy Devs about that bug haha :D
Thanks for the fix man this bug was annoying
Ur a Bug Killing Machine :D
Haha, thanks. It was a big problem on my part; the algorithms that I'd made to calculate the day of the week weren't exactly watertight.
great update, i'll see what i can do for the upcoming patches. i hope i can contribute to the changes of this hack.
That would be really nice! If anyone has anything they would like to add to the game, be it sprites, music, or what-have-you, feel free to contact me about it!

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2015
That would be really nice! If anyone has anything they would like to add to the game, be it sprites, music, or what-have-you, feel free to contact me about it!
you're welcome, i sent you a message, when i get to play the patch, i hope to send my feedback for the possible changes as well.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I have some questions regarding Kanto:

1) Are you going to keep the maps the same size as they were in FR/LG, or are you going to shrink them like G/S/C did? (hint: please don't shrink them)
2) Will Cerulean/Fuschia & Cinnabar actually have their correct music like in HG/SS, or are you going to just make them use the Viridian City music like G/S/C did? (hint: please let them have their correct music)
3) Will Cerulean Cave be included?
3a) If Cerulean Cave is included, will it use the Rocket Hideout music from FR/LG, or will it have generic Kanto cave music like in HG/SS?
4) Will Seafoam Islands be fully included (and by fully included, I don't mean just Blaine's Gym like in G/S/C, I mean Blaine's Gym AND the actual cave like in HG/SS)
4a) If Seafoam Islands is fully included, will it use Viridian Forest music like in R/B/Y & FR/LG, or will it use Ice Path music like in HG/SS?
5) Are you considering restoring Route 23, or at least adding an explanation as to why it magically disappeared?
6) Will the Kanto Safari Zone be included?
7) Will Viridian Forest be included?

Sierraffinity

Years
Id love to have Pokemon following you like in the Remakes but i guess thats very hard to do :D
But can this be done at all?
Lol something like this but replace if with a Pokemon OW :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=UuQ_RbpeLPM
It's not possible to do since nobody's figured out how to make a sprite follow you. Besides that, I would have to have every single sprite of every single Pokémon in the game, and I can't do that.
I have some questions regarding Kanto: (Please be aware that my answers only represent the planned Kanto, as I haven't gotten there yet)

1) Are you going to keep the maps the same size as they were in FR/LG, or are you going to shrink them like G/S/C did? (hint: please don't shrink them) Sorry, they're being shrunk.
2) Will Cerulean/Fuschia & Cinnabar actually have their correct music like in HG/SS, or are you going to just make them use the Viridian City music like G/S/C did? (hint: please let them have their correct music) Sorry, they're having the same music as in GSC.
3) Will Cerulean Cave be included? Possibly.
3a) If Cerulean Cave is included, will it use the Rocket Hideout music from FR/LG, or will it have generic Kanto cave music like in HG/SS? I haven't even thought that far yet.
4) Will Seafoam Islands be fully included (and by fully included, I don't mean just Blaine's Gym like in G/S/C, I mean Blaine's Gym AND the actual cave like in HG/SS) Possibly.
4a) If Seafoam Islands is fully included, will it use Viridian Forest music like in R/B/Y & FR/LG, or will it use Ice Path music like in HG/SS? Again, still haven't gotten there.
5) Are you considering restoring Route 23, or at least adding an explanation as to why it magically disappeared? Not really, sorry.
6) Will the Kanto Safari Zone be included? No, the Safari Zone has been moved to the Sevii Islands.
7) Will Viridian Forest be included? If you mean as its own map, then no.
Responses in bold. I'm sorry that most of them aren't what you wanted to hear, but that's just the style of this remake.

Years
Too bad that would be very cool :(
Anyway my net is back to normal and i got the latest patch so bye im gna see you later haha
Oh and i forgot to ask about Magnemites do they hold Metal Coats in this hack?
In Crystal theres 8% chance to encounter 1 with metal coat i fought so many magnemites in this hack and used thief but never got any metal coat :(

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2015
I was thinking if it would be possible to resize the gold, silver and crystal trainer sprites in order for them be with the same height with the fr/lg red, green and blue trainer sprites. If this seems confusing, i can post a picture for it. Since i think they look tall for their age. :D

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Please don't tell me you're going to shrink the Sevii Islands as well...
Hopefully not shrunk, but if my idea holds, they might all be connected by Surfing Routes (and thus the actual minimap, if you were to envision it, would shrink). That was my proposal to this. There would have to be dark water that is not surfable as rocks all over the place would make no logical sense (though a middle between the two for Dive spots is logical and could connect all islands).

Cyclone

Sierraffinity

Years
Too bad that would be very cool :(
Anyway my net is back to normal and i got the latest patch so bye im gna see you later haha
In Crystal theres 8% chance to encounter 1 with metal coat i fought so many magnemites in this hack and used thief but never got any metal coat :(
Magnemites do, in fact, hold Metal Coatd; I'm not sure of the chances though.
I was thinking if it would be possible to resize the gold, silver and crystal trainer sprites in order for them be with the same height with the fr/lg red, green and blue trainer sprites. If this seems confusing, i can post a picture for it. Since i think they look tall for their age. :D
Yeah, it does seem a bit confusing. Could you post that picture?
Please don't tell me you're going to shrink the Sevii Islands as well...
Actually, I think I'd have to, to make it fit with the style of mapping of the rest of the game.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I have that problem in official games, too. Took me a lot of Solrocks over two sessions (based on battery...and patience) to find a Sun Stone.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2015
Magnemites do, in fact, hold Metal Coatd; I'm not sure of the chances though.

Yeah, it does seem a bit confusing. Could you post that picture?

Actually, I think I'd have to, to make it fit with the style of mapping of the rest of the game.

So yeah, here are the sprites in the game if i'm not mistaken. I put the number of pixels on top of the sprite to indicate how many pixels off or under the actual ones are. I tested the protagonists of fr/lg, and they have the same height. Although this doesn't simply imply that reducing the pixels vertically anywhere on the sprite in order to lower their height, we still need to make their height proportionate to the official ones.

size_comparison_protagonist.png

For the rival, i believe the frlg rival is a pixel or something taller than the protagonists, so i had it separated from the rest.

size_comparison_rival.png

cheers, let me know what you think about it. :)

Back