• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The X/Y Rumors Thread!

tnfsf11

Can I ask something here? I didn't find a chit-chat thread so I thought questions can go here instead of in a new thread...

Supposing I'll buy Pokémon Y on a cartridge, will the save file be on the cartridge itself or on the 3DS?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Can I ask something here? I didn't find a chit-chat thread so I thought questions can go here instead of in a new thread...

Supposing I'll buy Pokémon Y on a cartridge, will the save file be on the cartridge itself or on the 3DS?

If its like all other 3DS games, then the save file is on the cartridge.

DamienHelvian

Legendary Lucario Warrior
Years

I presume it'll be like the other games, with the Save Data on the Cartridge. The only thing that is Dependent on the system is Wifi data. If you switch main systems, you have to resync it and it wipes your current data, such as Friend Codes.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I thought it was a legend myself, I guess it's simply a Pseudo then?
Also, on the topic of butterflies, Butterfree, totes deserves a Mega.

No, Volcarona is Gen V's equivalent to Snorlax: a super rare regular Pokemon that can only be found once or twice per game via interaction.

Butterfree wasn't on the rumored list of possible Mega Evolutions a couple of pages back, so I doubt it'll get one.

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
Years
Its size seems to be a little smaller than all the regular Gogoat. Maybe it could be their pre-evolution? Either that, or it could be some sort of a dog-like Pokémon just like people have mentioned. Its eyes look a little a big, so maybe it could be a puppy? Most puppy Pokémon do have big eyes, after all~
hhmmm. that pic looks like a green bull to me :( but it also has a tounge? sticking out. so mabye its a dog with horns cuz I clearly see horns on its head

tnfsf11

I presume it'll be like the other games, with the Save Data on the Cartridge. The only thing that is Dependent on the system is Wifi data. If you switch main systems, you have to resync it and it wipes your current data, such as Friend Codes.
You mean when I switch systems I'll have to re-choose the internet network I was using & re-configure it? Also what else besides Friend Codes will be lost? I guess I can just save those in a text file...

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Well we can talk about the rumored MegaEvolutions and how they should be improved so they can be viable in higher tiers. I know a lot of the ones that where mentioned are already pretty good so Ill go with the ones who need a boost.

Ill start with my favorite starter evolution, Feraligatr

160.png

The stats I want this pokemon to have when it Mega Evolves are as follows:

HP- 110
Atk- 105
Def- 100
SpA- 79
SpD- 83
Spe- 97

Sp Ability- Dry Skin

The only 2 stats that in my opinion should be boosted is HP and Speed. Both of these stats where boosted by 25%, I believe that it isn't too low to not make a difference and is not too much to be used without any drawback. The reason I picked speed to be boosted is because the main reason Feraligatr isn't a superb pokemon is of its low speed, it just doesn't meet the standards to be considered a viable sweeper and also almost of his pokedex entries describe him of being very fast so you would expect him to be at least faster than Venasaur. I choose HP over Attack because even at 97 theres still a lot of counters to Feraligatr that outspeed him, without that HP boost people would most likely go for a Dragon Dance set most of the time but with a bulkier Feraligatr you could go for both a DD set and a Swords Dance set since it can survive a lot more hits.

Now to the special ability. I know what you're thinking a water pokemon with dry skin seem overpowered, but MegaPokemon are suppose to be the strongest characters on your team no? Its a one time use in battle and we still don't know what are the requirements to do so. Anyway Feraligatr is already a good pokemon in the rain, so this ability will only make him even stronger in the rain. Also alligators have dry skin so it makes sense.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Well we can talk about the rumored MegaEvolutions and how they should be improved so they can be viable in higher tiers. I know a lot of the ones that where mentioned are already pretty good so Ill go with the ones who need a boost.

160.png

HP- 110
Atk- 105
Def- 100
SpA- 79
SpD- 83
Spe- 97

Sp Ability- Dry Skin

The only 2 stats that in my opinion should be boosted is HP and Speed. Both of these stats where boosted by 25%, I believe that it isn't too low to not make a difference and is not too much to be used without any drawback. The reason I picked speed to be boosted is because the main reason Feraligatr isn't a superb pokemon is of its low speed, it just doesn't meet the standards to be considered a viable sweeper and also almost of his pokedex entries describe him of being very fast so you would expect him to be at least faster than Venasaur. I choose HP over Attack because even at 97 theres still a lot of counters to Feraligatr that outspeed him, without that HP boost people would most likely go for a Dragon Dance set most of the time but with a bulkier Feraligatr you could go for both a DD set and a Swords Dance set since it can survive a lot more hits.

Now to the special ability. I know what you're thinking a water pokemon with dry skin seem overpowered, but MegaPokemon are suppose to be the strongest characters on your team no? Its a one time use in battle and we still don't know what are the requirements to do so. Anyway Feraligatr is already a good pokemon in the rain, so this ability will only make him even stronger in the rain. Also alligators have dry skin so it makes sense.

This is a good idea for Feraligatr, it definitely needs some more speed. Though I'll prefer if they increase it's special defense along with it as it's also quite low.

Also I'm glad you brought up a Johto starter. I wonder if the Johto starters Mega's will be getting a new type like how Amphalos did. If so Feraligatr can be Water/Fighting or Water/Steel or Water/Dark, Typlosion can be Fire/Fighting (please don't hurt me, I honestly think it'll fit it plus it's a good type combo), and Meganium can be...Grass/Fairy? Or Maybe Grass/Poison? (speaking of Fairy maybe they'll add Fairy to normal Meganium...thus making one of the Johto starters a dual type.)

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
This is a good idea for Feraligatr, it definitely needs some more speed. Though I'll prefer if they increase it's special defense along with it as it's also quite low.

Also I'm glad you brought up a Johto starter. I wonder if the Johto starters Mega's will be getting a new type like how Amphalos did. If so Feraligatr can be Water/Fighting or Water/Steel or Water/Dark, Typlosion can be Fire/Fighting (please don't hurt me, I honestly think it'll fit it plus it's a good type combo), and Meganium can be...Grass/Fairy? Or Maybe Grass/Poison? (speaking of Fairy maybe they'll add Fairy to normal Meganium...thus making one of the Johto starters a dual type.)

Is a possibility, it will be a bigger game changer than just stats increase thats for sure. I do like MegaFeraligatr being Water/Dark, Feraligatr has that menacing aura to him and STAB Crunch sound really good. A Water/Dark mega evolution could look something like this. (Big Picture)

Spoiler:

Years

160.png

HP- 110
Atk- 105
Def- 100
SpA- 79
SpD- 83
Spe- 97

Sp Ability- Dry Skin

I really like Feraligatr! he must have a boost in speed, also I think it would be nice if he become a water/dark

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Is a possibility, it will be a bigger game changer than just stats increase thats for sure. I do like MegaFeraligatr being Water/Dark, Feraligatr has that menacing aura to him and STAB Crunch sound really good. A Water/Dark mega evolution could look something like this. (Big Picture)

Spoiler:
Woah, that fake mon looks awesome. I hope it looks something like it. And I agree it does have a sort of dark aura to it...

pokerex

I'm awesome
Years
I hope they won't change the typings of the jotho starters. i kinda like the fact that jotho is the only region where all the starters are mono-type.

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
I'll probably the voice in opposition to Feraligtr's megaevo being part dark-type. Really cool in concept, but if you really want to make it powerful, just let it retain its water type. Dark-typing is too susceptible to fighters and having a bug weakness isn't anything to proud of at all nowadays. .___.; Though I suppose it would do to help balance it out.

Id be fine with either of the 2 typings really, as long as it makes it a viable pokemon.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Did anyone read about a rumour a few days back saying there would be 124 new pokemon and more legendaries than ever before?

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
Hirobyte claims that Scizor will get a Mega Evolution

''I'll be good and I say that Scizor is another Pokemon that will Megaevolución. Although I have already said that there will be many Pokémon who does.''

PokemonCollector-N

Pokemon Collector
Years
A lot of people are talking about the starters being fire-psychic, grass-dark, and water-fighting. The reason for this of course being that dark beats psychic, psychic beats fighting, and fighting beats dark as grass beats water, water beats fire and fire beats grass. I like this idea personally, but I'm curious as to what a water/fighting evolution for Froakie would look like.

Alternatively I speculated that Froakie could be water-flying because of the cloud around its neck. I found this to be less logical than the above statement though, because clouds are made of water in the first place and it would kind of break the triad there. Really though, it would be interesting for the whole psychic/dark/fighting thing because it would mean that the three starters would be super effective to each others' secondary types in the opposite way that they would be to the primary types.

Back