• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
About the small legends, for celebi I dont know but for mew couldn't you use his emerald sprite?

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015
I just wanna say i really love this Hack, in fact it's the best one i downloaded off here IMO. Cheers to Zel and everyone who contributed in making it, it's one of the enjoyable games i played. It's so different that you can't really tell its a hack (Not very sure about that), so kudos to you for that. I couldn't comment on this earlier since it was closed. Good luck on the next beta/finishing the game, I'd really like to go farther than Saffron City.

S-PSP N00B

S-PSP N00B
Years
Im verry in pressed
You do a nice job
keep up the good work

Its fun to play this game on my psp
with GPSP
Its almost like a GBA

Like I sayd B4 Keeping going
^^ ......

1 Question .....
Whats shiny gold X ?
if I may Ask .......

Sorry that I ask/say
THere is a healing problom @ Lavender town .....
Im am wondering how manny Peeps got that .....

Last edited:

Gerri Shin

  
Years
Shiny gold X is basically the same as the normal Shiny gold except that Zel has gone in and raised the levels of the trainers pokemon to make the game more challenging for those who feel he regular game is too easy.

shinygoldash

bagel-meister ;)
Years
Zel, are we gonna expect a lot of surprises in B6?

Cool Champion music, I can't wait for the Elite 4 music and the gym leaders in both region.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
First thing is: Dont worry about item's sprites. It has never been a priority, and it'll be probably one of the last things to change in the last release. So, dont post anything on the thread, and, if you want to show me anything, just do it in a PM.

The second thing (mainly for the new people) is that you should remember there's a FAQs section in the first post, with all that has been commonly asked in the hack's history (imagine a lot of stuff asked and answered there). Reading the FAQs will surely help you getting rid of some of your questions.

This is a really nice hack, Zel! So, do you plan on finishing it?

If I wouldnt, I'm sure a lot of people will somehow find me and force me to... :P

I think the E4 should have levels 60-high 70s like FireRed's E4 did. Thats not going overboard, Red is still the best challenge in the game and you could try adding a bonus to it like double money or a spare Master Ball.

Also, since trading with R/S/E isnt a priority, is there going to be an event for Groudon and Kyogre that involves Brendan and May? Their sprites are in the game for the Multi-player capacity, but it would be nice for them to show up to help lay the foundation for that event and to battle trainers just beneath or equal to Red's ability (and it wouldn't waste sprites).

70s doesnt sound bad. I guess I'll have to see it. In any case, let's not forget that the members of the E4 (and even Red) will not be the strongest trainers in the game (in the end)
Most likely a Master Ball event will be added as one of the last things to get in the final release (following the Nintendo way: get the best stuff just when the game is over... lol)

About the Groudon and Kyogre, not much cannot be revealed, but, Brendan and May dont have sprites currently (because I replaced them with other sprites, which I think has been a mistake now... I'll have to sacrifice other sprites to make them return... Gah, all of that because of the trading with RSE... Whatever...), anyway, since they dont play any role in the game, the Groudon and Kyogre event will be a bit more different. That's as far as I can tell.

why are some of the remixes being removed personally I thought they were great

I was more like refering to some of the temporary music tracks that I've used from RSE, like, the current BGM Lance has (which is gonna be replaced by the one clonex made), it's not like there are a lot of slots for inserting music. Or maybe... I think not.

yay zel is back. great 2 see you are alive and well. i have just one question though,
will the pre-evolutions and evolutions of pokemon that are in this game but didnt enter the series until diamond and pearl be in this game. E.G : happiny, yanmega, magmortar etc.

if not it doesnt matter but in my oppinion it would make the game more realistic

Nope, because DP Pokes wont be added, no one, at all.

About the small legends, for celebi I dont know but for mew couldn't you use his emerald sprite?

I dont remember how its Emerald sprite looked, but if it looked like the FR one, then it sucked. Anyway, I'll be talking about that at the end of this post.

but you should've kept the thread closed until there were big updates.
Too many people are starting to spam here now.

As I said when I reopened the thread, I wanted to reopen it because I felt like talking, and probably people would want to talk as well, besides I needed it open to feel a bit more of pressure (else, I'll just goofing around). That's why if there's spam, just use the little "Report Post" button and let mods take care of the spam, that's their job, isnt it?

Zel, are we gonna expect a lot of surprises in B6?

Cool Champion music, I can't wait for the Elite 4 music and the gym leaders in both region.

Let's see... Maybe, though most of the good stuff will surely come in the final release (with a whole new region, the catching of the rest of the legendaries, and a few new field moves).
I'll just put most of the stuff I've thought through all this time. Although, probably I should reserve some ideas for the future ;)

So, I just edited some OW palettes and now I will start touching a few overworlds to make room for the legendaries that will show up on the field. All the legendaries will use the MD sprites, even Mew and Celebi (I'll just touch them a bit, removing a few pixels, to make them a bit less big, compared to the hero), so with that, concludes the whole MD thing.

That's all for now. But I'm gonna rewrite my list of stuff to do in the Progress Report section in the first post, check that out to have a small idea of how much I need to before releasing the Beta (just an idea, because I cant tell how much time I'll be busy with that, and with the rest of my life in the middle...)

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2014
Any progress in getting hero new sprites (ow and battle ones)? I remember you said someone was working on them.

Antwhan

setting up for the big beta
Years
mate? where have you been? sometimes u need to realize that zel works quite hard and has been working a long time on this hack, u seem an intelligent person however, so i'll make this blunt.

The hack is clearly a hit already and he is giving it his all. And there is no sight of "Official" 2nd gen remakes from nintendo. Believe me mate, I keep tabs on all things gaming and nintendo will most likely remake them someday but there isn't any signs atm

SilentWing

クロバット
Years
The game is already quite a hit, obviously. And zel has addressed the volume issues (right zel?) :)

I do like the Champion music quite a bit, myself.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Yo guys, dont start bashing into other people because they posted their opinion. Because that kind of attitude later makes other people think bad of the supporters of this hack. I have learned to listen to all kinds of critics, so you should as well. I'll reply showing my point of view during this post.

@oli25: I need to catch up with Marnic on msn (I havent been using it often), I'll tell you by then, but in the end, it would be no problem to wait till the final release.

@darfurby: The only problem is in the fact that after allowing everyone to use them, I'm starting to feel like it would be good to change them. Yeah, I know I did them myself and I'm a little proud on them, but still, seeing them on other hacks is enough to still be proud... :P

@Erimgard: Yeah, I'll be using the MD sprites in the end.

@GeorgeLama: Alright, I'll give you my answer to your 3 and 4, and in my opinion it's very logical:

Who says I want to compete against Nintendo?

They are a whole company with hundreds of people dedicated into this, while I'm just a guy (who receives the help of a bunch of people) and does this for a hobby. Who wins in the end? They, of course, as they have the resources and the motivation (money) for doing their work as perfect as it can in order to satisfy the masses. I will keep on doing stuff in my unperfect way, trying to improve, but not getting crazy about perfection. That's my motto.

I hope that with that, 3 and 4 are answered for you. Now, about the other things, I think I said it clearly when I released the Beta: I still dont have enough experience in the musical department to make them sound good. Luckily, clonex does have it, and he'll help me from now on. The music will no longer be a problem.

Whatever about Elm, so far the game is in Beta stage, sprites replacement can wait. That's what Betas are about, incomplete stuff released mainly for testing (and feedback) reasons.

With that covered, please dont fall into discussions about if Nintendo will release a remake or not. It is not the intention of the thread.

I just finished preparing the overworlds for insertion (with just three OW palette changes I covered all the legendaries colors. Weird, huh? but I promise they look as nice as in MD, in terms of colors). Now I need to touch the sizes of some overworlds, and prepare some slots of unused overworlds for the future additions *like Johto Gym Leaders*
It's not much, but that's what I can tell so far for an update. I had to do a few things today, so I couldnt do much, sorry.

Ripper

The Dark Knight
Years
We should challenge Nintendo to a winner-takes-all duel.

*Takes out gloves*

Will the new Region be released in one Beta or will it be like anywhere else and split up into two or three?

Are you intending to have anymore anime influence? I've noticed small ammounts (eg. Ashley, Team Rocket) but I was curious whether there would be anymore.

Keep Hacking :)

simplynaruto

Banned
Years
This threads over 2000! (vegeta refrence to its over 9000!)

Anyweh new ow, new music I cant wiatfor beta 6 but the longer you wait for th meal and the longer you salivate for it the tastier it gets. In other words the beta will rock

clonex25

Just droppin' by...
Years
Hey, zel. I have an idea to maximze the music slots in FireRed.

Instead of using three songs in the Intro Message part of the game, use only one, and I am suggesting the GSC Menu Theme for that.

LiquidR

I am the shadow on the moon at night
Years
Zel, I'm glad that you're back with your hack. I really enjoyed your previous BETA games.

I hope that this hack will be finished soon.

Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Back