• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Starters!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Primarily I chose Snivy at first, but when I saw Oshawott in the Anime, I instantly fell in love with it, and chose it instead of Snivy. I normally choose the grass-type starters, but Oshawott took the cake. Besides, Samurott is freaking amazing in battle!

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
I chose Oshawatt. I dislike all three the starters, though, and I usually cylce them out of my team quickly. Their designs just miss something for me.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 5, 2016
Well, I'm still on my first playthrough of Pokemon White, I chose Oshawott. I also chose Tepig in a speedrun of B2 (I need to replay B2 because I missed out on the story). But all in all, I dislike all of them. White is the first game that I didn't really use the starter, I found some better alternatives because Oshawott just kept fainting :P. My team at the moment is Darmantian, Beartic, Zebstrika, Samurott, Boldore and Unfezant. Darmantian being my lead Pokemon.

Although, if I had to choose, I'd choose Tepig :P

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
I ended up choosing Tepig as it appealed to me more. It was also the first fire type that I had chosen out of all the gens, too. Emboar helped out so much through Black.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 21, 2015
I always choose Tepig because i like it a load. It is cute and I like every single one of his evolutions. Easily the best starter that has been ever made.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 26, 2021
Who did you pick as your starter?

I picked for my starter Pokemon Oshawott its really cute and I loved its final evolution as well. It looked to cool to me.

CJoE

スマイルは無料で? ?? �� �� ��
Years
I would say Snivy, the design looks really simple but it's look great and plus, green is my favorite color. 8)

ZxFlashFreezexZ

The Immortal Champion
Years
I choose Snivy as my starter because I liked his design the best in the beginning of my White game. When my Snivy grew to a big strong Serperior, only then did I realize the actual in-combat benefits as well. Grass types are very strong and shouldn't be overlooked as a powerful tool in a trainer's arsenal! :)

-Flash

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
I love all the starters, so this is gonna be difficult!

Stat wise I'm not impressed with them, movepool wise Emboar stands out among the two.

But I'll go with Oshawott as it's Water-type, my favorite type.

Years
The_three_Unova_starters.JPG

An obvious question that's asked time and time again - which is your favourite Unova starter and which one do you start the games with most often?
go with Snivy or Oshawott

yeah I'd go with Oshawott

I always choose Tepig because i like it a load. It is cute and I like every single one of his evolutions. Easily the best starter that has been ever made.
how do u get the Lapras and the others pokemon? when u chat

Last edited by a moderator:

Reio

Unova Lover
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 26, 2017
Tepig my most favorite start,yet i always pick fire as starter :3

Years
When I first saw them I knew I was picking Snivy in Black, but wanted to try something different in White 2 so I went with Oshawott. I prefer Snivy's first and second evolutions but for final forms I prefer Samurott I think, so I think Oshawott in future would be the main one I'd pick :)

Back