• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Amethyst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guardian1239

I have much to learn.
Years
Whoops! Hehe, didn't see the item slot. This is just an idea, but the area above health could give the name of the Pokeball used in addition to the graphic above it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
I've decided to go with Myzou's suggestion, as it would be the most useful thing to put there.
Screenshot041.png

And I've been working on the 4th page too -
Screenshot040.png

What do you think?

I'm working on the page that comes up when you press A (or spacebar/C/Enter in RMXP).

Guardian1239

I have much to learn.
Years
Hm . . . remaining PP. I guess that would be useful when determining whether to take a break to head to a Pokemon Center or keep going. It's better than my idea.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
I've basically finished the summary screen now, with the move info page. Here it is:
Screenshot042.png

And also, the little icons which appear under certain conditions:
Screenshot043.png

PokéRus/Status

Screenshot044.png

Non-infectious PokéRus

Screenshot045.png

And shiny.

If anyone knows where I can find a text file with all of the DP move descriptions, could they please tell me? The Advance ones are a bit short, so the Desc. box looks empty.

EDIT: Finished the Egg summary screen:
Screenshot046.png

Last edited:

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
Screens look really nice mate. Good luck with this.

Looks like we kinda think alike with the FR/LG status menu, yours is very very well done, very unique I like it. It has that DP flare to it. But if poccil ever does the Met at whatever level at what ever place...where will you put that lol Theres so much other vital info on the status screens. Anyway great game. Good luck with it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
There's a large gap under the picture on the Trainer Memo page (page 2). That's where it will go. I'm glad you like it!

EDIT: I've made the Pokémon animate like on FRLG (jump up and down) when you view their summary. I also fixed the bug where if you pressed up or down on you first or last Pokémon's summary respectively, you'd still hear their cry. Animation coming tomorrow!

Last edited:

Guardian1239

I have much to learn.
Years
If you need help with move descriptions, I suggest [pokemon.marriland.com]. It's coming out very good so far. Keep up the good work!

~Guardian1239

timmy112

Learning to Hack
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2016
Idea for a Move

I have an Idea for a Pokemon attack.

Thunderbeam
Type: Electric
PWR: 150
PP: 100
The user rest the next turn

Just an idea.

Last edited:

jaysonic1991

Sphere Scripter
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2009
if you wont a really good offline pokedex/attackdex then visit legendarypokemon. they have a great downloadable one.
i don't have enough posts to post a link. just go to legendarypokemon.net and look for the downloads section.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Thanks, everyone! I ended up using the downloadable Pokédex data package from Legendary Pokémon, as it contained a text file which I could merge with my Moves.txt file to avoid having to write everything out manually.

Anyway, I made two more animations: one of the Pokémon summary, and one of a battle, showcasing the new HP bar colouring.
Sorry for the bad quality - this is because of the GIF format. But it's better than YouTube's quality (I think), so I'm sticking with it.

Summary.gif

The summary screen, with Pokémon and page-turning animations. Notice the egg shakes more when it's about to hatch.

HPBaranimation.gif

I scripted the HP bar colours to change gradually between green and red. You can see when the Pokémon has half of its HP remaining by the percentage (you used to have to rely on the colour), so I figured why not make the colouring smoother?

Any comments?

EDIT: DP move descriptions fit the space perfectly :D
Screenshot047.png

BurstX

Some old fart
Years
omg good job wichu the screens look good, um im tryin really hard to make the startes, but monferno is killing me so ill give youll the seconds togerther, but it might take a while

Skele

Idea Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 20, 2009
Next idea.

FLAMING WINGS
Type: Fire
PWR: 80
PP: 20
1/4 damage recoil

<Fire attack for flying pokemon's like Pidgeot>

It's my last idea but i think, best idea. It's very useful for flying pokemons when they must fight with steel and ice pokemons. I know, you must choice 12 ideas, but when you have more you can choose better. Screens are very good, if you complete this game, they can be better like D/P games. Can you add in game attacks animations? Do you need still more ability ideas?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
I'll try, but it's not a priority. Do you know how many attacks there are? :S

(There will be around 600 different attacks.)

Skele

Idea Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 20, 2009
Yeah, i know, you don't must do this. Your game can be still perfectly. I think, you don't need change HP bar, it's good. Do you want add more fakes or only new starters, Chimecho evolution and Wichu? New ability idea:

SINGING OF GOD - Lowers all opponents stats by 2 stage. <like for some "god" legendary pokemons>

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
There will be more Pokémon, I just haven't announced them yet. I'll be keeping a lot of them secret until you play the game.

And Singing of God is broken - reducing by 2 stages is equal to halving that stat. Even Intimidate, which only lowers one stat by a single stage, is considered to be one of the best abilities.

Anyway, Arceus already has Multitype ;)

Flaming Wings (or just Flaming Wing because of the 12-letter limit) is an awesome idea, though. Maybe I could have it as a TM? Normal-types learning it by level-up just isn't quite right. Although Moltres, Ho-oh and Charizard should be able to learn it by level-up.

EDIT: Making the move animations would take hundreds of times longer than scripting the HP bar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back