• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music Perfect Albums

Cay

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Mar 11, 2022
In your opinion, is there such thing as a "perfect" album? What makes one? Are there any albums in particular? Discuss here.

Personally, I have only found one record that's struck me with every song (Electra Heart by Marina and the Diamonds), but there have been many that have come close (Art Angels by Grimes, You Should Be Here by Kehlani, But U Caint Use My Phone by Erykah Badu, To Pimp A Butterfly by Kendrick Lamar, Good Kid, mAAd City by Kendrick Lamar, Blackstar by David Bowie, Exmilitary by Death Grips, and House of Balloons by The Weeknd are all great examples). I think a perfect album doesn't have to be one that makes every track perfect, but just one that really tells a story and displays its message very well creatively. What do you guys think?

Xherdan

Bad at Good Games
Years
By far, THE Perfect Album in my opinion is Bastille's All This Bad Blood. Its 23 tracks are very beautiful. The only one that rather bores me is "Tuning Out", but that's the last song, it's just two minutes, and the best thing about it is the disturbing voice quoting Skulls' chorus in the end.

Funny thing is, my favorite band Dream Theater has ALMOST made it with Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence(the both CD's).

Bay

Years
I think Hamilton the Musical's album fits OP's question perfectly. Granted it's a musical so of course there's a story, but it does so well telling the story of one of its founding fathers and the people involved in a creative way. Many of the songs are very catchy like, "My Shot", "Non-Stop", and "Guns and Ships." There are also some pretty emotional ones like, "Burn", "Wait for It," and "It's Quiet Uptown."

I know, I know, I keep mentioning Hamiltion when given the chance, lol.

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
Years
I think there are definitely perfect albums. An album where EVERY song on it is great and enjoyable to listen to, and where you would never want to skip over a song is a perfect album. For me, that album is Uriah Heep: Demons and Wizards.

Back