• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 15, 2012
Creating a new ability.

Is it possible to hack a new ability? Abilities like mountaineer (immunity to rock), dragon blood (restores hp when hit by a dragon type) and fast freeze (doubles speed in hail) as well as others have been speculated about and I was wondering if there is a hacking tool to do this because I'm trying to make a pokemon remake. Thanks

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
Is it possible to hack a new ability? Abilities like mountaineer (immunity to rock), dragon blood (restores hp when hit by a dragon type) and fast freeze (doubles speed in hail) as well as others have been speculated about and I was wondering if there is a hacking tool to do this because I'm trying to make a pokemon remake. Thanks

There is no tool to do this. You would have to edit the games engine with ASM, which is no easy task.

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2014
I have pksvui as my script editor, how would I make a script where someone gives me a Pokemon and talks to me in the same script? I can get him to give the Pokemon but all it says is "blabla received an Eevee."

P0kemon Trainer Red

Dragon Type User
Years
Can I duplicate pokemon in the Pokedex?

I am trying to add MISSINGNO to my Fire Red hack. I have YAPE. I have my ROM. I know what pokemon I am going to replace. I just need to figure out how to duplicate it. I want to make Gengar into MISSINGNO. But I still want him in the game. Is there any way I can make a second Gengar with some other program before I turn it into a MISSINGNO? Or at least a way I can add a new pokedex entry and then a program to edit the moves he learns and at what levels?

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
I have pksvui as my script editor, how would I make a script where someone gives me a Pokemon and talks to me in the same script? I can get him to give the Pokemon but all it says is "blabla received an Eevee."

If it's the first Pokemon you receive you need to add a setflag to the script that activates the Pokemon option in the menu. It's setflag 0x828 I think (but I could be wrong).

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2012
XSE and Advance Map 1.9.5

I was wondering if someone could upload XSE and Advance Map 1.9.5 to something like Mediafire or Dropbox or even just attach as a file to one of their posts because currently both links are not working and I figured someone here will most like either one or both programs. I'm also sure that this is not against the rules, unless I missed something in the rules that prohibits me from asking for tools in this particular situation. If this is in the wrong forum, please move it.

Thanks for your time.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
I was wondering if someone could upload XSE and Advance Map 1.9.5 to something like Mediafire or Dropbox or even just attach as a file to one of their posts because currently both links are not working and I figured someone here will most like either one or both programs. I'm also sure that this is not against the rules, unless I missed something in the rules that prohibits me from asking for tools in this particular situation. If this is in the wrong forum, please move it.

Thanks for your time.
I'm pretty sure that's not the purpose of this thread. Just Google them.

MsAllyJacqui

I'm different.
Years
I am trying to add MISSINGNO to my Fire Red hack. I have YAPE. I have my ROM. I know what pokemon I am going to replace. I just need to figure out how to duplicate it. I want to make Gengar into MISSINGNO. But I still want him in the game. Is there any way I can make a second Gengar with some other program before I turn it into a MISSINGNO? Or at least a way I can add a new pokedex entry and then a program to edit the moves he learns and at what levels?

Why don't you just use the space after Celebi for a new pokemon? That way, you would have no need to replace Genger.
This thread goes into great detail about it. - (Sorry, I can't post links. Add this to the end of the pokecommunity url) showthread.php?t=212276
I just don't think you can add a Pokedex entry without ASM. Which is a shame really.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
Could someone here give me a link to a tutorial or something along that line that teaches me about the wonderful world of Hex Editing? I just figured out how important it was...

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years
Yay, another question from me. Basically, I'm making some deep mud in my game, and I need it to look like the player is half under the mud. I set the behavior byte to "Hero halfway underwater", which looks fine, except the rectangle covering the lower half of the player is blue. How can I change the color of this?

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
Could someone here give me a link to a tutorial or something along that line that teaches me about the wonderful world of Hex Editing? I just figured out how important it was...
I would recommend this one. There's more to learn by yourself than with a measly tutorial when it comes to hediting, though.

Yay, another question from me. Basically, I'm making some deep mud in my game, and I need it to look like the player is half under the mud. I set the behavior byte to "Hero halfway underwater", which looks fine, except the rectangle covering the lower half of the player is blue. How can I change the color of this?
Test it on a new ROM and mess with palettes? If you're talking about FRLG, the palettes 6 and 9 have a lot of blue blocks, and palette 7 has a really tinting one. Just saying.

Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2012
unlz GBA big problems...

Ok, so I searched all of the posts with unLZ gba in them and didn't find anything related to my issue. Lead me in the right direction if I was mistaken.

But I'm rather new to hacking, and right now I'm doing a couple basic hacks in Pokémon Ruby. Mostly just adding in my own pokémon here and there. I've already replaced the sprites for a few and have that method down. Or so I thought..

Right now I'm trying to add in my own pokémon in one of the free Hex offsets in the game but I'm having major issues.

1: While working on one of my roms, unLZ must have crashed or something because now every single sprite in the rom shows up as a big black square inside unLZ (they're fine in-game). I can no longer work off this rom, or any rom with the same name (I copied a pre-crash version of the file to the folder I'm working in and replaced the broken one, but the same error occurred until I changed the name.) This may be because I tried to add a sprite to one of the "??" spaces on unLZ. But like I said, I deleted the file I did that with and still have the problem on the replacement.

2: With a second rom I'm working with, I'm trying to add an evolution to Mawile using a free Hex offset. But the sprite isn't cooperating. When I import it, the image is fine on the top half, but the bottom is all random pixels. Secondly, the sprite imports itself to the next two sprites after it for some reason. All the sprites I'm working with have already been indexed to 16 bit... I'm at a loss here.

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit (Yes I know that's a problematic OS). And I can provide some screens if needed.

Any suggestions??

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Ok, so I searched all of the posts with unLZ gba in them and didn't find anything related to my issue. Lead me in the right direction if I was mistaken.

But I'm rather new to hacking, and right now I'm doing a couple basic hacks in Pokémon Ruby. Mostly just adding in my own pokémon here and there. I've already replaced the sprites for a few and have that method down. Or so I thought..

Right now I'm trying to add in my own pokémon in one of the free Hex offsets in the game but I'm having major issues.

1: While working on one of my roms, unLZ must have crashed or something because now every single sprite in the rom shows up as a big black square inside unLZ (they're fine in-game). I can no longer work off this rom, or any rom with the same name (I copied a pre-crash version of the file to the folder I'm working in and replaced the broken one, but the same error occurred until I changed the name.) This may be because I tried to add a sprite to one of the "??" spaces on unLZ. But like I said, I deleted the file I did that with and still have the problem on the replacement.

2: With a second rom I'm working with, I'm trying to add an evolution to Mawile using a free Hex offset. But the sprite isn't cooperating. When I import it, the image is fine on the top half, but the bottom is all random pixels. Secondly, the sprite imports itself to the next two sprites after it for some reason. All the sprites I'm working with have already been indexed to 16 bit... I'm at a loss here.

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit (Yes I know that's a problematic OS). And I can provide some screens if needed.

Any suggestions??

UNlz can be a bit iffy at times when it comes to editing sprites. Try using Wichu's Advance Pokemon Sprite Editor as it can change the Pokemon effortlessly and even synchronise the normal/ shiny palettes being used.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Okay, I just want to try something simple for Emerald. I would like to change the names of May, Brendan, and Wally. Is there a way to do that? I couldn't find anything here that dealt with that specifically, and everything I looked at for editing trainers just talked about sprites and stuff.

EDIT: I was able to change the trainer names with A-Trainer, but I'm not sure how to change the names in dialogue, as A-Text, which I think should be able to do that, isn't working for me with Emerald, the text that comes up has symbols and stuff, and apparently all that's there is the start up to Route 102, which kind of surprised me, considering how long Emerald has been around.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 15, 2012
Changing abilities

There is no tool to do this. You would have to edit the games engine with ASM, which is no easy task.
Thanks. Is it possible to modify existing abilities (make iron fist do 1.5X instead of 1.2X)? Also is it possible to alter frenzy plant/grass pledge etc. move tutor to teach more moves?

SKRoy

Pokémon Hacker
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
I made a script:

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @1 0x6
cry 0x246 0x0
wildbattle 0x246 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
fadescreen 0x1
fadescreen 0x0
hidesprite 0x4
setflag 0x200
release
end

#org @1
= LARVITAR: Lar lar!

When I talk to the Larvitar in the game the whole game freezed (I don't know how to say that in good English, but I think you understand me). How can I fix this?!

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years
I would recommend this one. There's more to learn by yourself than with a measly tutorial when it comes to hediting, though.

Test it on a new ROM and mess with palettes? If you're talking about FRLG, the palettes 6 and 9 have a lot of blue blocks, and palette 7 has a really tinting one. Just saying.

I tried using APE to search for the specific blue that the rectangle is, but it found many pallates, and I don't want to mess them up. What do you mean by Pallate 6, 9, and 7? What are their offsets?

I made a script:

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @1 0x6
cry 0x246 0x0
fadescreen 0x1
fadescreen 0x0
hidesprite 0x4
setflag 0x200
release
end

#org @1
= LARVITAR: Lar lar!

When I talk to the Larvitar in the game the whole game freezed (I don't know how to say that in good English, but I think you understand me). How can I fix this?!

Your problem is:
Code:
cry 0x246 0x0
When a number begins with "0x", That means the number is in hex. 0x246 is a hexidecimal number, that equals 582 in our normal counting system. Since there arent 582 Pokemon, this explains the freezing. Just replace "0x246" with 0xF6 (0xF6 is 246 in hex)

Edit: I don't know if your version of XSE does this, but you can also input numbers in decimal by not typing in the "0x". For example:
Code:
cry 246 0
wildbattle 246 5 0 0 0 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back