• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: "L'art pour l'art" - DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
^ which one are you talking about, GoldMalik? :p

@Mike Kun - Nice to have a place where we can talk art, right? :D As for your question - Again, I'm not really sure which one you're referring to, haha. If you're talking of these fusions as a collective bunch then...idk, Alexial might have a better idea. I honestly just followed the link she's posted above. :p

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Uh, hey guys, I've skimmed over this place a few times before XD. I saw those artworks too, in fb if I remember. Personally the Dewbasaur artwork is the best for me XD. Just because of the furring and other things.

But I don't have anything to post :P. I just wanna ask because I'm gonna start being a digital artist, what are the best tools n stuff for starting out? Like what program I should use etc. What all things I should keep in mind... stuff like that. Only recently I discovered my gift of drawing stuff so I hope someone guides me through XD.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Uh, hey guys, I've skimmed over this place a few times before XD. I saw those artworks too, in fb if I remember. Personally the Dewbasaur artwork is the best for me XD. Just because of the furring and other things.

But I don't have anything to post :P. I just wanna ask because I'm gonna start being a digital artist, what are the best tools n stuff for starting out? Like what program I should use etc. What all things I should keep in mind... stuff like that. Only recently I discovered my gift of drawing stuff so I hope someone guides me through XD.

Hohoho, I am going to take this opportunity to ever-so-gracefully plug my very own traditional / digital resource ~ !

Check it out

In there, you can find a list of free illustration programs and pretty much everything you need to learn how to draw! And if you have any questions, feel free to VM me and I'll be more than happy to give you a hand along the way. :D

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
Years
Hello, I just got Photoshop CS 6. I have never worked with graphics before at all and there is a lot I wish to learn and I am serious and dedicated about learning it. I want to learn at the moment just the basics. Like there's so many buttons and options in CS 6 and it is so confusing I don't know what to use or how to use it.

I want to make a signature and test my skills but I have no clue how to get started! I am looking for any guides/tutorials that are for complete noobs and explain everything.

My goals are to basically become a Graphics person who makes Avatar and Signatures for users and my self. In the future once I become good at it I may expand to other things.

I am willing to dedicate 5 hours per day, every day in Photoshop CS 6. So I am serious about this!

Please help me out!

*Cheers*

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Hello, I just got Photoshop CS 6. I have never worked with graphics before at all and there is a lot I wish to learn and I am serious and dedicated about learning it. I want to learn at the moment just the basics. Like there's so many buttons and options in CS 6 and it is so confusing I don't know what to use or how to use it.

I want to make a signature and test my skills but I have no clue how to get started! I am looking for any guides/tutorials that are for complete noobs and explain everything.

My goals are to basically become a Graphics person who makes Avatar and Signatures for users and my self. In the future once I become good at it I may expand to other things.

I am willing to dedicate 5 hours per day, every day in Photoshop CS 6. So I am serious about this!

Please help me out!

*Cheers*

Hey! :D Glad you decided to pop in for some followup!

Well, I'm by no means accustomed to graphic design, but I'll do a bit of research for you and see if I can't find a nice, easy to follow tutorial on some basics. I believe color manipulation is a good place to start but, again, I wouldn't really know. But hey, after I look some stuff up for you and you get a chance to practice, why don't you participate in our next icontest to flex your skills? ;)

Morgnarok

Years
Alright thank you.

I went and tried making my first signature after watching this video tut. I got the layers down pat. Selecting a brush and text. What I seemed to have issue with was that when I selected my render it had no background. All white but when i copied it into the photoshop cs 6 it got a black surrounding. I used magic eraser to get ride of it and when i did not only did the black surrounding go but the some the color from the outter edges of the render went too. Now I thought I could get around that but When I started to work with the brushes it showed up.

Anyways, I am really interested in pokemon userbars. I am going to continue to try to make signatures but I want to learn how to make userbars. Like they look simple.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Hm.. maybe you're erasing through all of the layers? I'm not really sure.. I'm not acquainted with graphics at all. For me it's more like, "bad line? UNDO >:3". But maybe some of the graphic artists here would like to help? Or, you could take a video of what's happening and show us? I'm sure then you could get a more viable answer from the community.

But, if you're struggling with making tags it's always good to fall back on something you consider simple! n_n; Although, I've never made a userbar, so I can't promise for sure that they're "simple".. but I suppose that depends on how complex you want them to be, eh? Good luck on that though. Please post some of your stuff when you finish! :D

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Hey Noblebeast, can you take a screenshot of what happened? You need to save renders to your computer and open them in Photoshop. If you find a picture online that has a white background, copy it, and paste it into Photoshop, it will have a black background. That's the only thing I can think of, anyway. You can adjust how much the eraser is removing, too.

Userbars are a good start, and so are icons if you want to learn coloring. Click on everything Deviantart has to offer for graphics. Brushes, tutorials, actions, uhh check out the resources thread here, yeah.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Oh yeah! TwilightBlade just reminded me! Noble, why don't you try participating in the upcoming icontest? :D They may be a good way for your to practice.

Morgnarok

Years
Ya I made me a devaint page, im working on pixel art more so now but I did figure out how to set the magic eraser so it doesnt get ride of so much from the real picture.

As far as the contest I will get blown away and come in last place. If I want to practice I can do it on my own time.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Well, that's a shame, I'm sure there's plenty of people who would like to see what icons you could come up with.

Speaking of which, the new Icontest #2 has been posted guys!

{go check it out}

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
Years
Hey, never thought this existed! I've been looking for something like this, but I can't seem to figure out why I can't find any good art of Snorlax. There are a lot of other Pokémon that are drawn far more than others, like the new ones announced, but finding what I want is a downright toughie. What do you guys think?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Ah, I agree. It seems less popular Pokemon like Snorlax always fall to the wayside, in the shadow of the Lucarios and Arcanines out there. :c

TheFattestSnorlax

Years
I had hoped that coming to this section would bring me some good Pokémon art but to no avail. Nothing interesting actually comes up when searching from thread to thread. I believe our Oekaki should be promoted so that we could make use of the good Pokémon art we have (It looks like it gets no views! That's a problem!). Then that way people will be happy.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Why don't you try searching at safebooru or pixiv? They always have some good pokemon fanart. ;D

As for oekaki...yeah, it is dead at his point. I personally never used it either, haha.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Hmm, I'm pretty sure I've got some pretty great pokemon art in my gallery... just sayin'. >_>;

But hey, if you want to request a Snorlax piece than you've come to the right place! Small traditional / digital drawing requests are allowed here, and I'll happily doodle something up for you, if you'd like! n_n;

TheFattestSnorlax

Years
Hmm, I'm pretty sure I've got some pretty great pokemon art in my gallery... just sayin'. >_>;

But hey, if you want to request a Snorlax piece than you've come to the right place! Small traditional / digital drawing requests are allowed here, and I'll happily doodle something up for you, if you'd like! n_n;

Oh yes! Yes, I would love that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back