• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon DarkCopper [New Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
I think the Zorua/Zoroa discrepancy comes from the way it's pronounced. Actually saying it, the sound is in between the U and O sounds, not a definitive either or. I prefer Zoroa, though. Looks a bit more like Zorro. ;)

But anyway, it's looking good, Furanki. Good to see you inserted Zoroa and Zoroark. The world map could use a little bit of work, though. It's a bit choppy and geographically improper, if you know what I mean by that. Try making small jags in the edges, and rounding out the corners a bit.
Yeah, your explaination for the "RU" actually makes sense. Yeah, the map as of right now is just a rough outline of what direction each city's going to be at. I still have a base map of it with no routes, cities, etc. on it, so I can always go correct it.

This isn't that much of an update, but a video showing little bits of Route 903 and battle with the 3rd Gym Leader Raven:

I actually went and referenced other languages, they may be rough translations into what I planned on having those two say, but I like how it turned out. Ohsai will actually have people speaking other langauges there. I may wanna try Japanese but due to Nintendo of America replacing some Katakana and Hiragana, that might be hard to do.

I mainly did this to show the switch Gym Leader music, I personally think that the Emerald Frontier Brain music is much more suited for an actual Gym Battle.

Oh, chrunch since you wanted to know Zoroa's moveset, here's what I came up with:

Lv. 1: Growl and Quick Attack, Pursuit
Lv. 7: Tackle
Lv. 10: Mean Look
Lv. 13: Moonlight
Lv. 17: Dig
Lv. 20: Headbutt
Lv. 24: Psychic

Zoroark's:
I haven't actually edited yet, but will pretty much be a more extensive moveset of Zoroa's.

Their ability is "Trace" I think its fitting due to Zoroark being able to shape-shift, at least in the new movie.

I'm also aware the maps connections aren't exactly correct right now.

Last edited:

NotoriouzElmo

Armed and Dangerious :)
Years
well i agree that adding zora is really cool but its in battle and back sprites look really un clean nd kinda edgey but good luck with ur hack

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
But I can't read Spanish(Or whatever language that was)...
Oh, and thanks for the moveset!
This will help me alot!:D

El Diabeetus

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
But I can't read Spanish(Or whatever language that was)...
Oh, and thanks for the moveset!
This will help me alot!:D
Yeah, I also implemented an Icon for Zoroark, and completed its moveset. I'll post that later in the post.

So, I'm wondering, should I reveal the "legendary" (Fakémon) that Team Death really wants, or should I just leave it a surprise or should I just silhouette my design drawing of it?

I'm also gonna keep posting videos of in-game events.

This contains the battle with the 4th Gym Leader: Katie, this is one of the Gym Leaders based on people I know. So, I asked her before making her a Gym Leader, and she was cool with it. I knew she would, but I'd feel weird if I didn't ask though, haha. This also will show some of the twists in some people's teams within this game.

Lastly, Zoroark's Moveset (until its real one is revealed):

Lv. 1: Growl, Quick Attack, Pursuit (Just like Zoroa.)
Lv. 6: Inner Aura
Lv. 12: Mean Look
Lv. 19: Shadow Ball
Lv. 23: Shadow Punch
Lv. 28: Hypnosis
Lv. 34: Nightmare
Lv. 42: ThunderPunch
Lv. 53: Psychic

I'm gonna start de-capitalizing Attack names soon.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Interesting movesets you came up with =)
But what Latios is doing in wild? :D Is it on purpose? :D
By the way did you finish the way of evolution for Zorua?
I ask because of Zoroark's move Inner Aura what seems to be your signature move for it :)

El Diabeetus

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
Interesting movesets you came up with =)
But what Latios is doing in wild? :D Is it on purpose? :D
By the way did you finish the way of evolution for Zorua?
I ask because of Zoroark's move Inner Aura what seems to be your signature move for it :)
Latios isn't randomly in the wild. Katie has it, well, it'll get explained in-game. Plus, Team Rocket, when you get to Crystal Village which is the area where Katie's Gym is, it'll all tie in together. They heard of her Legendary Pokémon and want to steal it, because Team Rocket is just that badass.

Yeah, Zoroa evolves with a Moon Stone. Riolu now evolves with a Sun Stone.
Inner Aura's a custom move I created so there are more Aura moves to choose from. I still got change an attack into Aura Sphere though. I wouldn't call "Inner Aura" its signature move or actually, who knows, your choice.

Just a few small updates:
PkmnDarkCopper92.png

The Porygon-Z you get (to try to catch) at the end of the Team Rocket event in Green Town, has been changed, just a little.

PkmnDarkCopper93.png

Last night (like 4 AM today actually), I finally got around to adding in the female trainer's backsprite.

I'm also going to reveal the Main Legendary for this game... But, only with a silhouette, I mean unless you wanna see the actual Poké (Faké)mon before in-game than... I don't know:

FakmonSilhouette.png

I've also mapped Emerald City, so after mapping Route 904. I'm gonna go through the game again and correct as many errors as possible (mostly script) after that I think I'm gonna release the Beta (First 4 Gyms available).

That's it for now.

Lati-Fan95

I completed my HG Pokedex!^^
Years
Wow, I really haven't looked in this thread since a while...!^^ Well, awesome updates so far, especially the shiny Porygon-Z and Zorua and Zoroark. Your Fakemon look okay, too, but please don't make that many, I usually don't like Fakemon...^^ Your idea with basing off Gym Leaders from real people is cool, too, especially the thing that the 4th leader uses a Latios!^^ it makes the game much more challenging and realistic when some people use legendaries!^^

Oh, und die vielsprachige Route ist ne coole Idee!^^ Ach ja, und im Deutsch dagt man "ein Taubsi und ein Kramurx", "einen" sagen nur Noobs in Deutschland, die in Pokemon nicht drin sind!^^

Oh, and the multilanguage route is a cool idea!^^ And by the way, in german you say "ein Taubsi und ein Kramurx", "einen" only say noobs in Germany, that not are in Pokemon!^^

And can I help you with the german dialogues, you have pretty much many grammar mistakes. I can't blame you, german has a tricky grammar...^^

Last edited:

558122_DG

Learning how to make mistakes
Years
  • Seen May 27, 2021
Latios isn't randomly in the wild. Katie has it, well, it'll get explained in-game. Plus, Team Rocket, when you get to Crystal Village which is the area where Katie's Gym is, it'll all tie in together. They heard of her Legendary Pokémon and want to steal it, because Team Rocket is just that badass.

Yeah, Zoroa evolves with a Moon Stone. Riolu now evolves with a Sun Stone.
Inner Aura's a custom move I created so there are more Aura moves to choose from. I still got change an attack into Aura Sphere though. I wouldn't call "Inner Aura" its signature move or actually, who knows, your choice.

Just a few small updates:
PkmnDarkCopper92.png

The Porygon-Z you get (to try to catch) at the end of the Team Rocket event in Green Town, has been changed, just a little.

PkmnDarkCopper93.png

Last night (like 4 AM today actually), I finally got around to adding in the female trainer's backsprite.

I'm also going to reveal the Main Legendary for this game... But, only with a silhouette, I mean unless you wanna see the actual Poké (Faké)mon before in-game than... I don't know:

FakmonSilhouette.png

I've also mapped Emerald City, so after mapping Route 904. I'm gonna go through the game again and correct as many errors as possible (mostly script) after that I think I'm gonna release the Beta (First 4 Gyms available).

That's it for now.

that legendary looks very mysterious :o
Hopefully it's made proffessionally :)
I like how this is going so far (according to screenshots).
Good job, and good luck :)

El Diabeetus

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
Wow, I really haven't looked in this thread since a while...!^^ Well, awesome updates so far, especially the shiny Porygon-Z and Zorua and Zoroark. Your Fakemon look okay, too, but please don't make that many, I usually don't like Fakemon...^^ Your idea with basing off Gym Leaders from real people is cool, too, especially the thing that the 4th leader uses a Latios!^^ it makes the game much more challenging and realistic when some people use legendaries!^^

Oh, und die vielsprachige Route ist ne coole Idee!^^ Ach ja, und im Deutsch dagt man "ein Taubsi und ein Kramurx", "einen" sagen nur Noobs in Deutschland, die in Pokemon nicht drin sind!^^

Oh, and the multilanguage route is a cool idea!^^ And by the way, in german you say "ein Taubsi und ein Kramurx", "einen" only say noobs in Germany, that not are in Pokemon!^^

And can I help you with the german dialogues, you have pretty much many grammar mistakes. I can't blame you, german has a tricky grammar...^^
Yeah, I'm not that great at the language.But, I plan to learn it one day. I'm just glad that I actually looked up Pidgey's and Murkrow's German names so I didn't look like even more of a dumbass there. When I make releases, would it be possible for you to make a German translation, because I'd love to see it get translated.

that legendary looks very mysterious :o
Hopefully it's made proffessionally :)
I like how this is going so far (according to screenshots).
Good job, and good luck :)
Yeah, another small update, but it at least makes me look less lazy now when I release a beta (which could be this or next week!); but, I've got the icon for both Zoroa and Zoroark done:
PkmnDarkCopper94.png

PkmnDarkCopper95.png

And for anyone who wants to see what that Legendary Fakémon looks like, its name, type, etc. here it is:

Spoiler:

I put it in Spoiler tags, so anyone who doesn't want to know, they don't have to look at it.

I'm not gonna lie, it was hard to re-draw it as a 64 x 64 sprite. That drawing in the "spoiler" however was pretty easy. That was hand drawn by Sharpie (Black), Expo (Red) and Pencil (Gray-ish colors).

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
Years
This seems like a good hack. I've just noticed that all of the new hacks have zorua and zoroark in it.... :/

Anyways, is the new doexys going to be a new form (ex. sp. defence) or a previusly made one (ex. defence or attack)?

zealot

The King of Fail
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 1, 2024
Looking quite solid so far. Not sure if I like the name of the poke in spoilers though. Anyway, really cool hack.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
I like how you make people speak in other languages, but does
the Player a non-slient character?

I hope not, because you can make the Player say:
What the hell are you saying, I don't understand!
SPEAK ENGLISH!

Something like that.

The Fakemon in the spoiiler looks kinda... too busy for a 64x64 sprite?
How many heads does it have? O.o

Do you mean big or "busy"? 'Cause "busy" can't be used like this.

El Diabeetus

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
This seems like a good hack. I've just noticed that all of the new hacks have zorua and zoroark in it.... :/

Anyways, is the new doexys going to be a new form (ex. sp. defence) or a previusly made one (ex. defence or attack)?
Yeah, I know what you mean, but I'm trying to make it worth having those 2 in. Obviously when the games come out and their movesets, etc. are actually revealed I will edit it accordingly.

Yeah, I actually do plan on an all around-Deoxys High Base stat totals on all of its stats.

Looking quite solid so far. Not sure if I like the name of the poke in spoilers though. Anyway, really cool hack.
Spoiler:

The Fakemon in the spoiiler looks kinda... too busy for a 64x64 sprite?
How many heads does it have? O.o
Its got 6 heads. That was based of some Mythological creature, the having multiple heads part. I don't exactly know which one though.

Yeah, its kinda big for a 64 x 64, here's how the sprite turned out, I had it done awhile ago, but, I'll probably have somebody else re-do it.
Spoiler:

I like how you make people speak in other languages, but does
the Player a non-slient character?

I hope not, because you can make the Player say:
What the hell are you saying, I don't understand!
SPEAK ENGLISH!

Something like that.

Do you mean big or "busy"? 'Cause "busy" can't be used like this.
The Player does speak, but not all that much. He/she isn't dead silent, but they're aren't exactly talkitive though. There is another trainer on that Route that makes the player go "What the hell?".

Yes it can :) Watch me.

How did you get the idea of having a Pokemon like that? It really looks like a little girl's nightmare, but I guess that's what you were going for.
Yeah, it was supposed to be a devil-esque like Dragon or as you said, something that might scare a little child (girl). I also looked at certain parts of Dialga, Groudon, etc. and that was another thing that I put into consideration. Especially the eyes. Like I said before a few posts ago, it's very loosely based on a Chinese Dragon, one like Shenlong/Shenron from Dragon Ball/Z/GT/Kai.

zealot

The King of Fail
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 1, 2024
I could maybe think of a few alternatives.

Spoiler:

But you are the boss here, of course.

El Diabeetus

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
I could maybe think of a few alternatives.

Spoiler:

But you are the boss here, of course.
I went with one of your names, and added credit to you in the first post.

Spoiler:
So, I got its backsprite done too. So, that's completely edited expect for its Icon, but I'll get to that. Obviouslly, you won't catch it at level 13, it'll be an actual event in the game at Lv. 55.

I'll get the Map's for the next few areas and implement the 5th Gym Leader (Gym, Sprite).

Lati-Fan95

I completed my HG Pokedex!^^
Years
Yeah, I'm not that great at the language.But, I plan to learn it one day. I'm just glad that I actually looked up Pidgey's and Murkrow's German names so I didn't look like even more of a dumbass there. When I make releases, would it be possible for you to make a German translation, because I'd love to see it get translated.

Yeah, another small update, but it at least makes me look less lazy now when I release a beta (which could be this or next week!); but, I've got the icon for both Zoroa and Zoroark done:
PkmnDarkCopper94.png

PkmnDarkCopper95.png

And for anyone who wants to see what that Legendary Fakémon looks like, its name, type, etc. here it is:

Spoiler:

I put it in Spoiler tags, so anyone who doesn't want to know, they don't have to look at it.

I'm not gonna lie, it was hard to re-draw it as a 64 x 64 sprite. That drawing in the "spoiler" however was pretty easy. That was hand drawn by Sharpie (Black), Expo (Red) and Pencil (Gray-ish colors).

Wow!^^ Awesome fakemon!^^ I'm lookin forward to battling it!^^ The Pokedex entry kinda reminds me of Giygas, the embodiement of evil in Earthbound!^^

Oh, and sorry for the late reply... Was busy with life and stuff!^^

Okay, I'd love to translate it but I don't script that well... Well, I guess I'm having a reason to learn it now!^^ But what language should I take for the german guy instead? :D

And your icons are good-looking, too!^^ You're indeed an awesome spriter! Hope you gonna make such a nice icon for the new fakemon, too.

The sprite of it looks okay, but I think the middle head is a little too squareish!^^ And in the backsprite should be the other two heads that are next to the middle head as well!^^

El Diabeetus

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
Wow!^^ Awesome fakemon!^^ I'm lookin forward to battling it!^^ The Pokedex entry kinda reminds me of Giygas, the embodiement of evil in Earthbound!^^

Oh, and sorry for the late reply... Was busy with life and stuff!^^

Okay, I'd love to translate it but I don't script that well... Well, I guess I'm having a reason to learn it now!^^ But what language should I take for the german guy instead? :D

And your icons are good-looking, too!^^ You're indeed an awesome spriter! Hope you gonna make such a nice icon for the new fakemon, too.

The sprite of it looks okay, but I think the middle head is a little too squareish!^^ And in the backsprite should be the other two heads that are next to the middle head as well!^^
Yeah, when I get all the text edited to the point of up to Crystal Village, I'll send you the "text table" in A-text that I've been using/making. For Jürgen, you could make his language English in the German translation and rename him Jordan, sounds close enough and still gets him across the same way. His dialouge is just the simple "I have a PIDGEY and a MURKROW.", etc. etc.

Yeah for the Fakémon for now I'm not gonna touch it, it was hard to get to what I've got in the game right now. I didn't add anymore heads to its backsprite since looking from that view I could really only fit 2.

Slight update, storyline wise:

PkmnDarkCopper97.png

Team Galactic's got a new leader/Boss, what happened to Cyrus? He's still in the game, just no longer the leader of Team Galactic. Earth will have a back story in-game explaining how he became leader of Team Galactic. This battle/event will take place in Pearl Forest, in between the Fourth and Fifth Gym Leaders (Beta 2 is when this event will be playable). Earth is looking around for Omegsekt a new, bug-type Legendary. He states "While it isn't the most useful legendary, we still can put it to use". I gave him a mix of Light Blue and Green hair to parody his name.

PkmnDarkCopper98.png

His Toxicroak which is technically under leveled. Both Croagunk and Toxicroak will be randomly catchable throughout Ohsai. I also made the same pallete change to Toxicroak making his poison sacs, claws, etc. Orange instead of Red.

Also, judging on my Outline of the game. There's still gonna be map left, so instead of just parts of Johto, I may include the entire region!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back