• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poster

Will pixel art for pizza
Years
The Old man's back sprite can be changed easily through NSE (The older versions have it automatically in their bookmarks. I'm not entirely sure about version 2.0 or beyond). If you are using JPAN's hacked engine he has edited the routine to allow you to change the Pokemon that the Old man tries to catch through a special. If you aren't using the engine then you're going to need to use ASM :P

You can use '\h1A' as a substitute for 'é'. It uses the raw HEX value for the letter so it should definitely be correct when you try scripting with it.
Bunch of thanks Derry! You saved me a lot of time.

Years
How do I decapitalize Pokemon names without an IPS Patch for them? Also how do I decapitalize Items and Moves? I would also like to know how to find that rijon dot com thing that appears in Rijon Adventures and Azure Horizons before the intro that can be patched to Fire Red and Emerald so people don't buy my ROM Hack since it was meant to be played for free.

DuoRyan

Hack'in as usual, it seem.
Years
I'm still unsure how to change the battle music of certain trainers (like rivals). I'm not talking about intro music, I'm talking about the music that plays when you actually battle them. Can anybody please help? =[

Their was a ASM routine for that, go to google and look for mastermind X two music event.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
How do I change the Professor Oak introduction on FireRed, so that it's just talking, with no picture, as well as changing what is said? thanks

You could edit the professor's sprite so that it is only composed of the pallet's transparent colour. Unfortunately you will still have a random Pokeball appear out of nowhere, along with a Nidoran Female and all of their associated noises. The only way to completely edit the opening is to use ASM, since it is not structured like a normal script.

However, you can can change what the professor says. A-Text has the opening speech in it's bookmarks so you can easily edit what is being said. In addition, you could use a HEX Editor and table file if you want to.

Bunch of thanks Derry! You saved me a lot of time.

No problem, brah :3

How do I decapitalize Pokemon names without an IPS Patch for them? Also how do I decapitalize Items and Moves? I would also like to know how to find that rijon dot com thing that appears in Rijon Adventures and Azure Horizons before the intro that can be patched to Fire Red and Emerald so people don't buy my ROM Hack since it was meant to be played for free.

Lot of tools support the renaming of names, moves and items. For Pokemon names use silver314's YAPE, for items use thethethethe's GBA Item Editor and to change move names use Darthatron's Attack Editor Pro. These are just examples, but there many other tools that can help you out. Don't forget that HEX editing is also a viable option.

Here is the patch for the warning screen.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2023
Ok, i play Pokemon Mythic Legends but I cannot deposit pkmn to the PC, i caught Zubat but i don't want it in my party, so i wanted to deposit it and when i turn the PC, click on deposit the black screen appears and i can do nothing. i tried to download another emulator but cannot load the game. I don't want to start again, because if the problem shows again I wasted my time. I would post this in orginal thread but it's locked.

i've downloaded this file:
Pokemon Mythic Legends V3.1.ips

Last edited:

jabberjabber8

../\..
Years
Ok, i play Pokemon Mythic Legends but I cannot deposit pkmn to the PC, i caught Zubat but i don't want it in my party, so i wanted to deposit it and when i turn the PC, click on deposit the black screen appears and i can do nothing. i tried to download another emulator but cannot load the game. I don't want to start again, because if the problem shows again I wasted my time. I would post this in orginal thread but it's locked.

i've downloaded this file:
Pokemon Mythic Legends V3.1.ips

Never played the game so I can not tell you for sure but that does not sound like the emulator is the problem your rom is most likely broke.

Now my problem:
When I try to insert tiles the end result is just a green blob...
assuming I am doing something wrong:
Spoiler:

Thanks in advance.

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
Now my problem:
When I try to insert tiles the end result is just a green blob...
assuming I am doing something wrong:
Spoiler:

Thanks in advance.

Hmm, do the new tiles you insert match the palletes of the tileset when you insert?
And when you insert the flowers are they over the ol ones? Because Im not sure if this could affect anything, but the tiles at that space are set to do the flower animation.

Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2012
Questions

1. Is there a program that allows you to increase the number of OWs in FireRed without doing any Hex Editing?

2. I've already used up all ? Pokemon (Between Treecko and Celebi) but there are still a lot more D/P, B/W and Fake Pokemon I want to add. Is there a way to increase the number of pokemon you can put in the game?

3. Is it possible to upload you a pallete to Overworld Editor Rebirth editon without replacing an old one (Example: Create a useable Pallete 2 in OWE RE)?

~Anbuja

Let's Keep It Simple
Years
1. Is there a program that allows you to increase the number of OWs in FireRed without doing any Hex Editing?

2. I've already used up all ? Pokemon (Between Treecko and Celebi) but there are still a lot more D/P, B/W and Fake Pokemon I want to add. Is there a way to increase the number of pokemon you can put in the game?

3. Is it possible to upload you a pallete to Overworld Editor Rebirth editon without replacing an old one (Example: Create a useable Pallete 2 in OWE RE)?
Without HEX editing u won't be able to get anything of this...
go to the tutorial section there is an tut
and @ jaberjaber: go download LU-HO's animation editor and edit it with it there is a new tutorial made by narutoactor which shows u how to change it:)

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2011
I want to edit the dialogue of a trainer in Emerald (Encounter dialogue, loss dialogue and post-battle dialogue), but I'm not exactly sure how to do that.

Also, related to the above question, it's possible to give a character more or less text boxes of dialogue right?

Years
I think they do but I am not 100% sure.

yeah I put them over the old ones.

If they appear as a green blob then the colours of the flower don't match the pallete.

You need to re-colour anything you want to insert using the colours of the pallete. When I do this I export the tileset as you did and open it in paint, then I expand the canvas in paint by clicking and dragging the square in the middle side that expands it to the right, I zoom it to the max, I paste what I want to insert and move it to the empty space I just made on the right, then I click on the Color Picker (or eyedrop tool), left click on any colour on the picture I want to recolour, then find a colour on the rest of the tileset that looks similar to the one I left-clicked, right click it, select the eraser tool, then right click and go over the hole picture so that ever pixel of that colour is recoloured. Now repeat this until you have recoloured the whole flower. Then select the flower (make sure you select a 16 by 16 pixel square, it tells you the size of your selection on the bar below the canvas), paste it over the old flower or into a blank space if you don't want to replace the old flower, save it, and load it into advancemap. It should now look correct and not be a green blob.

Also, bear in mind that if you replace the old flower tile, the old flower tile has animation (so several still pictures playing one after another - the flower moves during game-play, if you haven't noticed). This procedure only changes one still picture which is the one you see in AdvanceMap. So when you play, you will see your flower as it is, and then the other pictures of the animation will play and you will see the other pictures of the old flower. You have to change this with Lu-Ho's animation editor apparently (according to Anbuja's_BlooDY, I have no idea).

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
If I import a 5th Gen Overworld sprite directly into the rom using OWE, will it work?
It depends on the size of the overworld. It might cause an error if you try to, though. But you can try and use Nameless Sprite Editor and resize the overworld.

Years
  • Seen Jun 19, 2012
Hi everybody :) How do i change the six pokemon my rival uses in the final battle @ pokemon blue/red? There's a tool available to edit gym leaders/elite four,but nothing about editing your rival..
Im not sure but you MAY be able to use P.E.T.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back