• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wibbly wobbly timey wimey... DOCTOR WHO Fan Club

Hypocrates

shampain
Years
Username: tipsyGnostalgic
Favorite Doctor: Eleven
Favorite Companion: Amy & Rory/Donna

I am so excited for the Christmas episode! I really don't want Matt to leave but at the same time I'm curious as to how Capaldi will take on the role and make it his own so it's not all bad.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years
I see, now if I could only resist opening said spoilers :D

Didn't know if it was a spoiler or not...
Spoiler:

xVaporeon

used bubblebeam!
Years
  • Age 26
  • UK
  • Seen Dec 25, 2022
As I mentioned, I read up on it and something came to mind.

Spoiler:

Please let this happen.

Spoiler:

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Merry Christmas everyone! Today's the day, eh? Last Matt episode, first Capaldi. Can't wait to see what's in store.

Branellope

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.
Years
Pretty pleased with that. Moffat can write one hell of a regeneration story.
The way Matt changed though, like BOOM. Just absolutely genius.
And the highlight of the night "Do you have any idea how to fly this thing?!"

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Haha, yeah I think I'm gonna love Capaldi as the doctor after that line. Anyway, the episode itself, was decent, nothing special, as expected from a Christmas special. The whole
Spoiler:

The Mighty Kamina

Paragon of Masculinity
Years
Haha, yeah I think I'm gonna love Capaldi as the doctor after that line. Anyway, the episode itself, was decent, nothing special, as expected from a Christmas special. The whole
Spoiler:

I don't like when important episodes are Christmas specials. This special could have flowed just as nicely without the Christmas angle. As for your spoiler'd comment...
Spoiler:

Years
Sign me up right away to this thread! Since 2005, Doctor Who has been sealed on my heart. Loved by my dad and now loved by me. Though the Eleventh Doctor's story arc confused my dad lol

Nordk

Chief Harpoonist
Years
I'd like to join.
Username: Nordk
Favorite Doctor: Sylvester McCoy (7)
Favorite Companion: Either Ace or Sarah Jane Smith

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years
Finally caught up on the Day and Time of the Doctor episodes.
Spoiler:

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years
I wouldn't see why Clara wouldn't count, she a full fledged companion now. I'm curious to see what her a Capaldi's relationship is going to be like.

Also what are we going to call Capaldi? The 12th Doctor or like Doctor 1.2 as he's not actually the 12th?

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
12th is still applicable as the show says. There's 13 of them, but only 12 have the title of Doctor. It was obvious in both specials that was the point of John Hurt being the warrior, an incarnation for war-time, not peace. Oh, and welcome to all new members!

Last edited:

The Mighty Kamina

Paragon of Masculinity
Years
Finally caught up on the Day and Time of the Doctor episodes.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
Spoiler:

In a way, it's good that they addressed it now rather than later. When you think about it, it would have been a cop-out some other time. By having it being dealt with by the cracks story-arc, it wraps everything up for the new doctor. Otherwise it could have been like the 9th's regeneration where it was..quite corny.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I'm curious of how Capaldi will be as the 12th Doctor. Also, I only watched a little of "Day of the Doctor" but I know of the War Doctor. I'm wondering how many adventures the 12 Doctor will go on compared to the 10th and the 11th. Iirc, the Sixth doctor only went on 2?

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
I'm curious of how Capaldi will be as the 12th Doctor. Also, I only watched a little of "Day of the Doctor" but I know of the War Doctor. I'm wondering how many adventures the 12 Doctor will go on compared to the 10th and the 11th. Iirc, the Sixth doctor only went on 2?
Are you talking bout seasons? Cause if you are, I can see him doing 2 max. I mean come on, the guy has an Oscar, and Doctor Who isn't exactly academy award winning material. He's gonna bring class to the show, no doubt, but that class is gonna be a short lived one.

Nordk

Chief Harpoonist
Years
Iirc, the Sixth doctor only went on 2?
If you're reffering to seasons then yes, 6 was on for 2. There was an 18 month gap between season 22 and 23, which is why Colin Baker was the Doctor for 3 years but only 2 seasons.

As for Capaldi, I'd like to see him on for a while, IMO the series needs an older Doctor to slow things down a bit.
BTW, now that we're on 12, it means that there's the possibility of a classic villain returning, which I'd really like to see.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years
Quick question:
Spoiler:

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Wait, wouldn't the Valeyard count as Tennant post season 4 of NuWho? I mean we're past the point of introducing him, and I honestly don't see how it can be done in Capaldi's run considering how he's technically the first Doctor of a new cycle. Which is amazingly mirrored by his Age(55, much like Hartnell) and the fact that he can't fly the Tardis. I really can't wait to see other Parallels between Hartnell and Capaldi.

Back