• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Digivolve! into The Digimon Fan Club

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I didn't mention Sora becoming a fashion designer because it was one that made sense t me. But I didn't know about why Yamato/Matt became an astronaut. That's an interesting read and I'm glad you showed it. I think I'm okay with the idea a bit better now.

I have heard that they wanted Sorato from the beginning. I think that they could have just done a better way about it. While in the first Adventures they understood each other I still feel like they didn't really get the interaction that they could have? It just stops me from shipping it as much as I could (because I do think it's a nice one. It just... lacked support imo. Maybe if more people know about Sorato so they could have dropped more hints than just in episode 26.)

Overall though thanks for the info! I'm glad to see that, while still a little awkward, they at least still have grounds for the choices they made.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Personally after reading that if the directors planned it from the beginning bravo because alot of shows make the main character and a close friend get together they instead use a rival of the leader of the main characters who is like the main main character. I found that quite brave to do with the norm being main main character gets together with what you would assume the main main characters interest.

With Davis, Kari and T.K. I don't really mind with what happens with them what i do want to know is if Joe and Mimi get together and how their life pans out after 02. I would love a X part series where every episode it features the life after digimon 02 for the main cast like what does Koby do afterwards and what does Izzy do and how their life pans out in a full 26 minutes

Years
I always wanted a post Tamers Series. When watching it the first time I cried at the end, and was like I want more! And seeing them finding the portal back to the digiworld I was like. YES!!!!

Also I wanted to see more Takato x Jeri

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Does anyone own a digivice or did own one?

The digivices were the company's first product and what the anime was first used to promote well the first movie that is.

ALSO Please sign this petition to get Digimon World Re:Digitize to come to the western world in english I know there is an english patch for the psp game but still sign this please!!!
http://www.change.org/petitions/nam...lize-digimon-world-re-digitize-decode-for-3ds

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Do you mean the little electronic toys that were pedometers? If so, I have two from each season (except for Savers and Fusion). Currently, the only one that I have batteries in is Yamato's from Adventure, and I started with an Agumon. I don't use it much.

The others that I have are Taichi's, Takeru's, Daisuke's, Lee's, Takato's, Takuya's, and Koji's. I didn't really like the ones from Frontier, but they were amusing. The human children were the ones on the screen instead of any Digimon. It was fun to watch Tomoki sit down and look around on the screen. He's the only one I really remember from when I used those toys.

The Tamers ones were the best ones. I spent a lot of time playing with those, sliding the blue card and battling with Renamon. It was a fun way to get exercise!

I have heard that they wanted Sorato from the beginning. I think that they could have just done a better way about it. While in the first Adventures they understood each other I still feel like they didn't really get the interaction that they could have? It just stops me from shipping it as much as I could (because I do think it's a nice one. It just... lacked support imo. Maybe if more people know about Sorato so they could have dropped more hints than just in episode 26.)
The subtlety does hurt Sorato, especially with audiences that are coming from the English version. I didn't even accept their relationship until months after the epilogue.

Fortunately, Jippy has more posts about Sorato evidence being found throughout the series. There's this post about the differences between the Japanese and English versions and this one where each writer's episode is looked at for Sorato foreshadowing.

Like I said, it does hurt that Sorato was developed originally in a series about children where the focus was on friendship, and I do agree that they could have had more development as a couple. Especially in 02 and especially for dub audiences (who also weren't given the drama CDs).

Last edited:

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Woh, I actually have come to accept sorato because of the way they changed it in the dub, thankyou. Also the digivice or pendulums were virtual pets aimed at boys like tamagotchi I had... 3... I think cannot remember 1 broke and another ran out of batteries also I lost the 3rd one not to long ago.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Oh, you were asking about the Digimon virtual pets! I still have my very first one from back in 1999, a dark blue one with grey buttons. It just needs new batteries in it to run again, which I'm planning on putting in tomorrow. I can only get Greymon on it (since I'm incapable of taking bad care of my Digimon) and can't go any higher than that (because I only have the one so I can't battle with anyone).

I really want to get a Pendulum X 2.0, 2.5, or 3.0 for Ryudamon. Maybe the minis from XROS Wars will be released in America.

Maybe.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
I am thinking of buying from ebay since every where I go they are like... Do you mean Pokemon and ebay has some cheap prices for alot of the virtual pets and the pendulums.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Username: Yuki's Sword.
Favorite Digimon: Palmon.
Topic answer: Do you guys look forward to the dubbing of Digimon Xros Wars/Fusion?: Of course. ^^ Always have, always will! It's not that I haven't seen it, but it looks decent!
Codeword(see rules): Digivolve!

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Welcome Yuki's Sword, since this place is quiet you can start a new discussion.

-MG

In-training Alchemist
Years
Hey guys!
I just found this place and wanted to join inmediately! :)

Username: -MG
Favorite Digimon: I gotta say that my favorite one is Impmon.
Topic answer: Well, I think that he's my choice because enjoyed it's character on Digimon Tamers.

Uh... May I suggest a Digimon adoption system?
You know, for making things funnier ;D

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Digimon ADoption center? tell me more. also accepted we are nearing 100 posts :D

-MG

In-training Alchemist
Years
Okay... ^w^ *Blushes.
I was thinking in something like this... How about if we have the choice of adopting
a Digimon/ Having a Digital partner and raise it from the Digiegg/ Digitama... Like Digidestined do.
I got the idea from Pokemon/Digimon RPs (BTW, any active Digimon RP over here?)

Basically, you can adopt up to... 6(?) Digimon for making teams, xross, etc. for making things funnier, we can adjust some time to the raising Digimon time...

Let me explain it:

X person requests an egg.
-You add a random image of a Digiegg to a "new tab" called Digimon adoption center / Digital Partner / IDK...
-After a day, the egg hatches into the Digimon that the user chose (Obviously a Fresh/ Baby 1 one...)
-With the time, X person raises the Digimon until reaching the Mega Levels...
About times related to raising, I think that we could evolve a Digimon when some days have past/ or with some requeriments... Something like this:
Spoiler:

Also I was thinking that we could roleplay our Digimon... heh!
And that was my idea... Any suggestion, comment or word, just tell me and I'd be glad to answer...

Years
Username: Slaying Moon
Favorite Digimon: Angewomon
Why is this your favorite Digimon?: To be honest, I've always loved Angewomon, mainly because of how she looks, and the fact that she is really powerful.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Welcome to the club slaying moon. Mg, what are you talking about like an app or something it sounds interesting but its hard to grasp.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
-MG might be talking about something different for the club. Like every member chooses an egg that you add to the first post next to our names (like our Digimon partners). After a day, the egg hatches into the Baby I form of our choosing. As time goes on, the Digimon evolves to their Ultimate form. And I guess we can roleplay our Digimon interacting with each other in the club?

It might be fun, but it seems like a lot of work to keep track of who adopted what Digimon when. Especially if each member can have up to six Digimon at a time.

-MG

In-training Alchemist
Years
Heh! That's exactly what I meant. :)
Well, about keeping record of the adopted Digimon, I think that's not a big deal. It's just a matter of order and some patience for taking gifs and editing the tab... I wouldn't mind of taking charge of that part. Just have to reach at least the 15 posts for image management... XDDD

Also, welcome to the club, Slaying moon! ^^

perthskies

Nostalgic
Years
Username: perthskies (Optic)
Favorite Digimon: Zephyrmon (Shutumon)
Codeword: Digivolve!!!

Do you guys look forward to the dubbing of Digimon Xros Wars/Fusion?
Topic answer: Of course! It can only mean a good thing for future Digimon series to come. And I believe it's already being dubbed now so perhaps it's time for a new topic? ;)

---

Hello everyone my name is Optic and I'm from Perth in Western Australia. My favourite Digimon series of all time is Digimon Frontier. Back in 2003 I opened up a Digimon Frontier fansite called The Digimon Frontier Network, it went up and down under different names until finally bringing it back with a new look.

I'm a big collector of Digimon Frontier, I've got the Japanese Digimon Frontier DVD set (for making high quality screenshots), various Digimon Frontier art books, a calendar, Vol 1 and 2 of the Manhua (graphic novel) and the Best Hit Parade soundtrack CD.

I think it's a little sad how there are nowhere near as many Digimon fansites as there used to be back in the Digimon Tamers/Frontier days, it seems they have dwindled in favour of Wikis and social media feeds... as a result I'm currently working on a Digimon Savers/Data Squad fansite. :)

Sorry for the long post - look forward to joining your discussions here!

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Hello Perthskies, welcome to the club. If you want to start a discussion go right ahead.

-MG

In-training Alchemist
Years
Hey, this thread is kinda silent... May I revive it with a new topic?

"Digimon OVAs" (1+2+3) Vs. "Digimon the Movie"

- Which one did you enjoyed more?
- Which one did you understood more?
- Something funnier in one?

Personally I enjoyed both, the OVAs were pretty much what I expected, a nice extra of Digimon series:D. But the movie doesn't stay back, I think it was pretty funny, even with the nearly plot-holes (re-assembling i guess...) and dubbing troubles XD
(FYI, I watched the Spanish dubbing of the movie... wasn't disaspointed.)

Back