• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ssssssssss...Boom! The Minecraft Fan Club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years
For some reason I've kinda stopped playing Minecraft, my laptop sort of gives up when I start playing it, but I have one or two questions:

1) What's the "feed the beast" mod like? Is it good? What exactly is in it?

2)Has anyone else had the problem where if they want to access Creative mode in the middle of a survival game and they open their game to LAN, blocks have to be removed by the appropriate tool afterwards? I had loads of problems with this in one of my words, where I couldn't remove stone or things because no pickaxe...

Years
Username:Gardevoir the Dragon Slayer
Console of Choice: PC (Windows)
Favorite Block/Item: Minecart
Favorite Mob: Horse

Havn't been on for a while with playing X (is the new update with Savannah, clay wilds out yet?)

I love building minecart rail systems or automated farms. Most people I know have it on X box 360 so not done much multiplayer.

EB

Re: World
Years
Minecraft 2 gud

Username: earth boy
Console of Choice: PC - Windows
Favorite Block/Item: How could I possibly choose!? If I have to though, I'd say the Beacon (Haste II is ridiculous!)
Favorite Mob: Baby Zombie Pigman =3

Multiplayer-wise, I'm a big fan of Vanilla Raiding servers, which I'd say is my favorite "game mode." Other than that, in singleplayer I love creative for its convenience involving large builds and redstone/farm testing.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Since Zameric is MIA, I added the new members to the first post. Welcome to the club, everyone!

1) What's the "feed the beast" mod like? Is it good? What exactly is in it?
Feed the Beast has a lot of different options, depending on what you're looking for. I started off with the "Lite" pack, which is pretty much the introductory pack for the mod. There's different ores, different tools, and different trees to use from what I remember. (It's been a long time since I've played FtB.) Other packs add a lot more, and you can choose from packs with more animals and farming mods or packs with more machines to build and magic to play around with. I think there are extra biomes in some packs as well, some of which are simply beautiful.

It's a good pack to have when you're really bored with vanilla Minecraft, which is the reason why I downloaded it. I wanted something different to do in the game, and Feed the Beast was the best way to go because of the variety.

Zameric

The One and Only
Years
OTL

I'm so sorry for being inactive!
I was just really busy with college and my part time job.
Thank you Astinus, for adding the new members to the first post.
I'm on break until mid-January, so I'll try to be more active.

Welcome to the Minecraft fan club, Gardevoir the Dragon Slayer and Earth Boy!

What is a Vanilla Raiding server, EB?

I haven't played around with FTB yet. I probably should since I'm on break now from college.

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
Username: TD.
Console of Choice: PC.
Favorite Block/Item: Diamond Sword.
Favorite Mob: Chicken.

Zameric

The One and Only
Years
Welcome to the Minecraft fan club, TD!
How long have you been playing Minecraft for?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Hi to all new members!

So let's start talking - what's everyone's favourite mod to use in Minecraft? What does this mod add and why do you enjoy it so much? And for anyone who prefers not to use mods, why do you prefer to play this way?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I haven't played around with that many mods. I would say that I like Feed the Beast, but it adds a lot more to the game than I usually want to play. So I'll say that my favorite one (out of the two that I've tried!) is Wolffang404's More Ores modpack. It adds a few more ores to the game that I can find, which helps break up the monotony of mining. I can find something more often than in vanilla.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I haven't played around with that many mods. I would say that I like Feed the Beast, but it adds a lot more to the game than I usually want to play. So I'll say that my favorite one (out of the two that I've tried!) is Wolffang404's More Ores modpack. It adds a few more ores to the game that I can find, which helps break up the monotony of mining. I can find something more often than in vanilla.
Ohh interesting, I may well take a look at that! What can be done with the ores, just the general armour/weapon sets or some cool new things? I really like the idea of having a simple mod to make a few more interesting changes to Vanilla Minecraft without propelling it into the realms of Tekkit or FTB or whatever - it can get pretty tedious but Vanilla has always been my favourite way to play. I can definitely get on bored with sprucing it up a bit without making it seem like a completely new game mode.

As for me, I have three favourite mods (/mod packs)! The first, as most people probably know by now, is Pixelmon. It's such a creative way to play Pokémon and it feels so much more 'real' than the Pokémon games; it may be a bit buggy/limited right now but I can see it becoming something truly incredible, especially with the modifications people have made to it on their own servers. My other two favourite mods are WorldEdit (sooo useful) and Hexxit, though I've not actually played the latter so much as watched loads of Hexxit Let's Plays on YouTube so I'm not sure it's worth commenting much there haha. Would definitely love to do some of these in a multiplayer scenario in the future if anyone's interested.

And just a heads up - keep your eyes out for a Pixelmon event coming to PC within the next few months! Details to follow at a later date. ;)

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
Welcome to the Minecraft fan club, TD!
How long have you been playing Minecraft for?

I have been playing Minecraft for about 1 year and 9 months.

So let's start talking - what's everyone's favourite mod to use in Minecraft? What does this mod add and why do you enjoy it so much? And for anyone who prefers not to use mods, why do you prefer to play this way?

My favorite mod is the one and only:

OPTIFINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really love what this mob does to Minecraft. It improves the graphics and textures so much. However, the problem is my computer is so bad that it won't even allow me to download Optifine and then play all the other mobs which I like to play. So yeah:P However, I have played with Optifine for a while on my friend's computer.

Other than that I like Divine RPG, Mo Creatures and Orespawn Mod. Divine RPG adds so many weapons and stuff and it's just plain awesome! Mo Creatures is the first mod that I had ever played and I love it due to the variety it adds to the game. Ore Spawn is a mix of the two but is slightly smaller than Divine RPG.

I do like modpacks but only a few of them work for me. My personal favorites were Tekkit Classic and Yogbox, However both of them have stopped being developed. I like Hexxit but I can usually play only a minute of it until my computer lags for the next 1 hour. In other words: I really need a new computer.

Last edited:
Years
Username: Knormageddon
Console of Choice: PC, but perhaps one day, PS4 as well.
Favourite Block/Item: Favourite block would probably be brick block/spruce planks, as both together make a great looking house. Item... Ender pearls are pretty sweet. :]
Favorite Mob: Wolves are favourite passive mob (Well, if you wanna call them passive...), while the Ender Dragon is my favourite aggressive mob.

I hope to get a Minecraft series going one day. I've played this game along time now, and I get excited with every update that comes out. However, if that was to happen, I'd need a little help from TD's favourite mod, Optifine. My computer can run Minecraft just fine, but when it comes to recording, it slows down a little bit, and I can only imagine that Optifine will help that.

EDIT: Playing through the PS3 demo of Minecraft, I've forgotten how much I love the stone brick block. Such a lovely block.

Last edited:

EB

Re: World
Years
What is a Vanilla Raiding server, EB?

Vanilla speaks for itself: the untarnished game, no mods. (Really I prefer Semi-Vanilla, where mods that prohibit x-ray techniques are present. But I said Vanilla for simplicity.)

Usually servers have commands such as "/home" and "/spawn" to make travelling to and from specific locations easier. Most servers only allow one home -- or base -- per user. Raiding is where no one's base is safe. All users can raid everyone else's bases without punishment. It adds a higher difficulty to Hard mode, for not only do you have environmental hazards and mobs against you, but other players as well.

Things get even more interesting when you team up with others. You gain and lose allies (sometimes at the cost of materials), but the teammates who stick it out for the long haul end up your closest friends on the server. The trust and communal aspects of this mode are great, and often overlooked.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I'm bored and wanting to play MC - probably on the Mineplex or Hive server. Anyone want to join and party with me? We can rule at hunger games or just chill in the arcade, I'm not picky!

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
Thought I'd start a new topic:

How Did you Find About Minecraft:

It all started two years ago. I told my friend about Pokemon and he was really interested. We used to go to the channel of this guy called Munching Orange on Youtube to watch videos. I once watched the start of one of his Minecraft videos, saw the blocky graphics, thought it was rubbish.

My friend then saw Minecraft videos on Youtube. At the start, he also thought that MC was rubbish but being more patient then me, he kept on watching the videos. He began liking Minecraft and bought it. Then he began telling me about it. I then watched some more videos and started liking Minecraft. Then I bought Minecraft and I do not regret buying it.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Like TD, I found out about Minecraft first by looking up Pokemon videos. I was going through all of Marriland's videos, and saw that he had a few series for this game called Minecraft. Since I like watching Let's Plays of other games, I decided to give these a chance, and I was instantly hooked. A few other people that I follow on Youtube also had various series of Minecraft LPs, and I watched those over and over again.

When I finally decided to check out the game, I tried out Classic first, but it felt empty because I was used to the full game from all the videos that I watched. I thought about waiting until I had less games to play, but couldn't wait for too long without playing the Minecraft that I know, so I got the game and haven't regretted it.

Zameric

The One and Only
Years
Username: Skybro
Console of Choice: PC
Favorite Block/Item:TNT
Favorite Mob:Wolf
Welcome to the PokéCommunity Minecraft fan club, Skybro! :D

Some ores mods that have peaked my interest are SimplesOres2 by AleXndrTheGr8st, True Randomite by AUTOMATIC_MAIDEN, and Underground Biomes by Grom PE. I think these are all great mods that help to break up the monotony of mining in Minecraft.

Mo Creatures is the first mod that I had ever played and I love it due to the variety it adds to the game.

I do like modpacks but only a few of them work for me. My personal favorites were Tekkit Classic and Yogbox, However both of them have stopped being developed. I like Hexxit but I can usually play only a minute of it until my computer lags for the next 1 hour. In other words: I really need a new computer.
Mo' Creatures is also one of my favorite mods. I've been playing it since the 1.2.5 era of Minecraft. It's grow so much since then, and has even inspired aspects in the Vanilla Minecraft. :)

It's a shame that Tekkit Classic hasn't been updated. Although, I think Tekkit Lite has kind of taken over for it, since the new version of Tekkit was released, right? At least in the sense of people who want the classic feel, but don't want to be stuck in 1.2.5, I guess.

Username: Knormageddon
Console of Choice: PC, but perhaps one day, PS4 as well.
Favourite Block/Item: Favourite block would probably be brick block/spruce planks, as both together make a great looking house. Item... Ender pearls are pretty sweet. :]
Favorite Mob: Wolves are favourite passive mob (Well, if you wanna call them passive...), while the Ender Dragon is my favourite aggressive mob.
Welcome to the PokéCommunity Minecraft fan club, Knormageddon! :D

Vanilla speaks for itself: the untarnished game, no mods. (Really I prefer Semi-Vanilla, where mods that prohibit x-ray techniques are present. But I said Vanilla for simplicity.)

Usually servers have commands such as "/home" and "/spawn" to make travelling to and from specific locations easier. Most servers only allow one home -- or base -- per user. Raiding is where no one's base is safe. All users can raid everyone else's bases without punishment. It adds a higher difficulty to Hard mode, for not only do you have environmental hazards and mobs against you, but other players as well.

Things get even more interesting when you team up with others. You gain and lose allies (sometimes at the cost of materials), but the teammates who stick it out for the long haul end up your closest friends on the server. The trust and communal aspects of this mode are great, and often overlooked.
Ah, is it's a type of PvP/griefing server?

How Did you Find About Minecraft:
Actually, I'm fairly sure that it was my two oldest nephews that got my hooked on it back in early to mid 2012. Wow, it feels like I've been playing for longer than just a couple years...

I remember that I first tried out the Classic version for free on the Minecraft website, which I don't think is available anymore.
Soon after, I was playing 1.2.5 with my nephew's account for a little while. I eventually bought my own account.
I only played on single player for a little while, I was afraid of having to go against other players, in addition to having to worry about hostile mobs. XD
But I gradually gained more experience and confidence with the game and I'm where I am now.
I love to mod because I find Vanilla a bit boring, I'm a moderator on a multiplayer server, and now I'm a guide for my third and youngest nephew while he plays the game.
Although, he's starting to not really need my help as much anymore. :P

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 2, 2014
Username: Thatcher
Console of Choice: PC
Favorite Block/Item: In Vanilla Minecraft, TNT. When it comes to mods, I have a few: Builder's Wand from Extra Utilities, the Hammer from Tinker's Contruct, and Minium (?) Stone from Equivalent Exchange (craving for a 1.6.4 stable update).
Favorite Mob: Enderman

How did I find about Minecraft? YouTube. A video by the Yogscast was strangely recommended for me. And from there, I got into it and till now, my favourite 'game'.

Zameric

The One and Only
Years
Welcome to the Minecraft fan club, Thatcher! :)
Youtube has become a pretty big part of the worldwide media.
It has done wonders for the spread of the Minecraft fandom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back