• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
This has probably been asked a million times, but I'm too lazy to search the pages for the answer. Why does Advanced Text crash every time I try to open it?
Maybe you're using Vista? If I recall it only work's on Windows XP.
But you shouldn't use AT. It repoints to some important data, I suggest using a scripting tool.

Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2013
So I am redoing the hero's room in FR with AdvanceMap and I have this recurring problem, the border block isn't working for all of the space outside of the map. There are a few glitched tiles that are apparently not random, I have redone the map from scratch several times and the same tiles in the same patterns appear. I am almost certain that I have not edited either of the tilesets. Any ideas on how to fix this?

x Necromorph x

Super Saiyan 4
Years
^I dont know
When I inserted these tiles, I click on the part of it to put in the tileset, and you can see in the pic, its clicked on the right one, but when I put it into the tile, thats what comes up.
Capture-4.png

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Is there anyway to make a Pokemon's type appear different in the summary screen, but still have the weaknesses to it's old type?

This tutorial teaches you how to change those icons in Ruby (if that's what you're talking about). If you're hacking Fire Red, you'll have to find the "unLZ numbers" on your own.

So I am redoing the hero's room in FR with AdvanceMap and I have this recurring problem, the border block isn't working for all of the space outside of the map. There are a few glitched tiles that are apparently not random, I have redone the map from scratch several times and the same tiles in the same patterns appear. I am almost certain that I have not edited either of the tilesets. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Can you please provide a picture of the problem?

how do you change the textbox.
If you can, please tell me the address
my firered is bpre

The textbox's image in Fire Red is located at '0x41F1C8'.

Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2013
Can you please provide a picture of the problem?

It won't let me until I have amassed 15 posts, unless this site will host images

tried a private message but wouldn't let me do that either

I guess I can try an attachment

Attachments

• room error2.PNG
    room error2.PNG
    6 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

zuniga325

Beginning Hacker in Training
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 5, 2011
World Map Banks in Emerald

FR/LG has four World Maps (Kanto, Sevii Islands 1-3, 4&5, 6&7). If pokemon Emerald is made from the same engine as FR/LG would it be possible to add more worldmaps into the game?

I ask b/c I want to make a rom:
1. With Kanto, the Sevii Islands, Johto, and Hoenn
2. Include all the trainers from PokeSpe (except D/P/Pt)
3. And "ending the game" with the Battle Frontier challenge in Hoenn

You can also PM the answer to me.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
It won't let me until I have amassed 15 posts, unless this site will host images

tried a private message but wouldn't let me do that either

I guess I can try an attachment

Huh. I honestly don't know what's wrong. The border has a pattern but it's unlike anything I've seen before. The only two things that I can think of are 1) making sure that the border block is all black (and double-check that it's using Block 0x008 and not Block 0x000) and 2) checking the map connections (Ctrl + A). Other than that, I'm afraid I can't be of much help.

FR/LG has four World Maps (Kanto, Sevii Islands 1-3, 4&5, 6&7). If pokemon Emerald is made from the same engine as FR/LG would it be possible to add more worldmaps into the game?

I ask b/c I want to make a rom:
1. With Kanto, the Sevii Islands, Johto, and Hoenn
2. Include all the trainers from PokeSpe (except D/P/Pt)
3. And "ending the game" with the Battle Frontier challenge in Hoenn

You can also PM the answer to me.

It's not possible unless you want to get your hands dirty with some complicated ASM hacking. I managed to expand the world map horizontally in Emerald (link) but it's very complex and I don't want to explain it right now.

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
Years
Where can i find the grass animation in Tileset Animation Editor? O_o I've searched but there are only flower and water animations.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
Where can i find the grass animation in Tileset Animation Editor? O_o I've searched but there are only flower and water animations.

It isn't in that tool at all (I searched). Try using Tile Molester. Very... Scrambled in there, but is the only way I can think of.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years

I've never heard of that tool but I know that grass animations are a little different than tile animations (what you're describing). Here are the addresses (roughly) for the grass animation in Ruby, Emerald, and Fire Red:

Ruby: 0x369088
Emerald: 0x4F75B8
Fire Red: 0x398BA8

Orinjmate

The Orinj of the Mate
Years
2 questions:-

1) What program can I use to create song files to import into the game using sappy and how do I use the instrument files from a pokemon gba rom on the program.

2) Is it possible to warp onto a script via a door warp or a different script that ends on a warp command? If so how?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
1) What program can I use to create song files to import into the game using sappy and how do I use the instrument files from a pokemon gba rom on the program.

2) Is it possible to warp onto a script via a door warp or a different script that ends on a warp command? If so how?

1) Most Music Inserting tutorials tell you this. I'd recommend finding one (easy to do, Google, Search this site...) You need a tool called MIDI2GBA (Something like that... Someone correct me if I'm wrong... Google it), use a music composer to make a MIDI file (like colcolstyles suggested, Anvil Studio is good), drag the MIDI onto the MIDI2GBA application, making it into an .s file... I think. Easier to follow music tutorials. (And that isn't all anyway... Tuts are better. Search the site, there was a tut of it here!)

Last edited:

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years

I think you can use AnvilStudio for that but I'm not the most knowledgeable person when it comes to music hacking.

No, but you can use something called a level script. A level script will trigger (if the right conditions are met) right after the map is loaded so, in your case, it would run after the fade-in from the warp from your last script. Here is a good tutorial on level scripts.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
How would i flawlessly edit the door animations in R/S/E to allow for smaller doors, the same size as Fire Red?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back