The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Technology & Internet

Notices

Technology & Internet Need help on your technology problems, whether your computer is malfunctioning, or you need help removing a virus? Perhaps you also want to chill and talk about the internet as a whole, too! Looks like you've come to the right place then!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 3 Weeks Ago, 09:30 PM
Elements1
Help me find a usertitle!

Nature: Calm
Sticky threads can be posted in if it's been longer than a month right? Sorry if I'm breaking a rule :/

Ok so I'm trying to make my scroll bar disappear in this code:

Code:
[c=background-color: #808080; height: 500px; width: 250px; color: white; position: absolute; right: 1000px; left: 100px; bottom: 10px; opacity: 0.95; overflow: auto;][CENTER]
blah
blah
blah
blah
blah
blah
blah
blah[/cd]
Any help how to do that?

Completed National Pokedex: 2/20/14 Dusknoir Finial Entry
3DS FC:1263-7361-4137

Elements and Siders Ultimate Trade Shop-Shiny's, Events, HA!
Old 3 Weeks Ago, 09:38 PM
Peitharchia
// and finite incantatem

Nature: Careful
Send a message via AIM to Peitharchia
Just change "overflow: auto" to "overflow: hidden," and it should remove all scrollbars for you. :] Also, sticky threads are revive-able, so don't worry.

Old 3 Weeks Ago, 11:43 PM
Terabyte

Nature: Jolly
Moderator note: sticky threads are permissible to be revived at all times.

I would also change the position from absolute to relative since setting it to absolute causes it to appear anywhere on screen instead of being confined to your signature/post.

Also, just so you know, there's the BB code as well if you need to c/p CSS code. You're better off using that instead of omitting parts haha
Old 3 Weeks Ago, 06:52 AM
Elements1
Help me find a usertitle!

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peitharchia View Post
Just change "overflow: auto" to "overflow: hidden," and it should remove all scrollbars for you. :] Also, sticky threads are revive-able, so don't worry.
That worked, thanks! Though I would like it to scroll without showing the scroll bar similar to the example trade CSS templates. Does that make sense? I know the code in below the template but I'm still a noob and can't tell what exactly does what

Here:
[cd= height: 400px; width: 200px; background-color: #808080; position: absolute; top: 900px; bottom: 100px; right: 100px; left: 100px; overflow: hidden; border-style: double; border-color:#C0C0C0; border-width: 5px; color:#C0C0C0; font-size: 30px;]Pokemon[div= height: 350px; width: 200px; overflow: auto; font-size: 12px;]
[IMG]http://www.serebii.net/xy/pokemon/401.png[/IMG]
Krickot
[IMG]http://www.serebii.net/xy/pokemon/389.png[/IMG]
Normal Torterra
[IMG]http://www.serebii.net/Shiny/XY/389.png[/IMG]
Shiny Torterra
[IMG]http://www.serebii.net/xy/pokemon/387.png[/IMG]
Turtwig
[/cd][/div]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terabyte View Post

I would also change the position from absolute to relative since setting it to absolute causes it to appear anywhere on screen instead of being confined to your signature/post.

Also, just so you know, there's the BB code as well if you need to c/p CSS code. You're better off using that instead of omitting parts haha
xD thanks so much!!!! That is helpful

Completed National Pokedex: 2/20/14 Dusknoir Finial Entry
3DS FC:1263-7361-4137

Elements and Siders Ultimate Trade Shop-Shiny's, Events, HA!

Last edited by Elements1; 3 Weeks Ago at 12:03 PM.
Old 1 Week Ago, 06:05 PM
銀ヤミ
Living for Another

Nature: Lonely
I have a CSS dilemma that I can't figure out, though I get the feeling that a solution is relatively simple and I just don't know/see it yet. I'm making a cool format for my Roleplay posts, with a bunch of DIVs using position:absolute; but it's clipping over things below it. I tried adding a visibility:hidden; clear:both; DIV below it, but to no effect. Is there an easy solution to this problem so I won't have to start from scratch and I can keep my DIVs exactly where I've set them?
Old 1 Week Ago, 06:52 PM
Terabyte

Does changing your position to postion:relative change anything at all?
Old 1 Week Ago, 07:00 PM
銀ヤミ
Living for Another

It messes up the positioning, but still it clips. I have one DIV just to set the width (it is also position absolute, centered with auto margins and pushed to the right slightly from the center), and four differently positioned DIVs inside of it.
Old 1 Week Ago, 07:26 PM
Terabyte

Could you perhaps paste your CSS code here inside of the [noparse][/noparse] BB Code tags so that I (and others who wish to chime in) could have a look at it then?
Old 1 Week Ago, 07:30 PM
銀ヤミ
Living for Another

[cd=width:800px; position:absolute; left:200px; margin-left:auto; margin-right:auto;][cd=width:200px; height:200px; position:absolute; background-image:url('http://i.imgur.com/L5PyNGI.png'); background-size:cover; font-size:0px; border:2px groove #4965FF; border-radius:100px 2px;]x[/cd][cd=width:570px; height:60px; position:absolute; top:0px; right:0px; background-color:#020204; border:2px groove #4965FF; border-radius:50px 2px 50px 2px; padding:5px; font-family:audiowide; font-size:12px; color:#E9E9FF;][RIGHT]N - N[/RIGHT][CENTER][SIZE="5"][B]コオリヤン[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER]Ice Kingdom[/cd][cd=width:10px; position:absolute; top:220px; left:180px; background-color:#020204; border:2px groove #4965FF; border-radius:50px 2px 50px 2px; padding:5px; font-family:audiowide; font-size:12px; color:#E9E9FF;][CENTER]X[/CENTER][/cd][cd=width:570px; position:absolute; top:80px; right:0px; background-color:#020204; border:2px groove #4965FF; border-radius:50px 2px 50px 2px; padding:5px; font-family:audiowide; font-size:12px; color:#E9E9FF;]x[/cd][/cd][cd=visibility:hidden; clear:both;].[/cd]

Of course, the last DIV before the visibility/clear DIV (excluding my outside width DIV) has to have a bunch of text in it to break past, but still

Last edited by 銀ヤミ; 1 Week Ago at 08:39 AM.
Old 1 Week Ago, 06:24 AM
Terabyte

Couple of things to note with your CSS: you want to have the first element of your CSS to always be set to position:relative, because not everybody on PC uses a fluid-width style, in which the position:absoulte tag would absolutely work with. I, on the other hand, use a fixed-width style, and that would mean that having the CSS set to position:absolute, would cause the post to appear outside the margins. Here's your CSS below, and I fixed it to the best of my knowledge.

X
N - N
コオリヤン
Ice Kingdom
X
x

Spoiler:
[cd="width:800px; position:relative; left:000px; margin-left:auto; margin-right:auto;"][cd="width:200px; height:200px; position:relative; background-image:url('http://i.imgur.com/L5PyNGI.png'); background-size:cover; font-size:0px; border:2px groove #4965FF; border-radius:100px 2px;"]X[/cd][cd="width:570px; height:60px; position:absolute; top:0px; right:0px; background-color:#020204; border:2px groove #4965FF; border-radius:50px 2px 50px 2px; padding:5px; font-family:audiowide; font-size:12px; color:#E9E9FF;"][RIGHT]N - N[/RIGHT][CENTER][SIZE="5"][B]コオリヤン[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER]Ice Kingdom[/cd][cd="width:10px; position:relative; top:0px; left:180px; background-color:#020204; border:2px groove #4965FF; border-radius:50px 2px 50px 2px; padding:5px; font-family:audiowide; font-size:12px; color:#E9E9FF;"][CENTER]X[/CENTER][/cd][cd="width:570px; position:absolute; top:80px; right:0px; background-color:#020204; border:2px groove #4965FF; border-radius:50px 2px 50px 2px; padding:5px; font-family:audiowide; font-size:12px; color:#E9E9FF;"]x[/cd][/cd][cd="visibility:hidden; clear:both;"].[/cd]

Last edited by Terabyte; 1 Week Ago at 08:53 AM.
Old 1 Week Ago, 04:04 PM
Team Fail

Nature: Brave
So I have the following code:

http://jsfiddle.net/Ehc5m/2/

It renders fluidly like so:

(Just the top bar. The Notification Bit is a separate div right now.)

I have the variable-width navbar, however, I can't seem to get the dropdown menus to function. I've since removed the code for it, is it not possible to implement a dropdown in this style or am I just not doing it properly? It does recognise the hover event, but I can't seem to get it to draw a dropdown. It's using <a href> for each of the pieces at the moment, I don't think I can use <li> to make it as it'd become fixed width and not fluid, although subsequent menu options can be fixed (Although I'd prefer not by not defining a width, so it can redraw for longer list items).

Where should I start with this code? I've tried using "navx a ul li:hover" but no dice.

Team Fail

Community Supporter Collab
☆ ☆ ☆

Last edited by Team Fail; 1 Week Ago at 07:27 AM.
Old 14 Hours Ago, 12:27 AM
Heartouch
Count the stars between us

Send a message via Skype™ to Heartouch
I'm wondering how to implement the Marquee thing in CSS, like the ones in the Trade Corner's header, if that's possible.
Old 14 Hours Ago, 12:46 AM
Terabyte

The marquee on the Trade Corner splashes is generated by HTML code, I'm afraid.. and HTML code is disabled in signatures.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links