• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Massive multiplayer online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Actually yeah we're trying to avoid using the name pokemon anywhere, in order to avoid any legal problems with nintendo. This is also why there are no official pokemon such as pikachu.

The bathroom doesnt serve a purpose as of yet, it is just to look realistic. It might have a purpose later, but theres nothing planned.
Um Ill have to give you the link to the site when its done.
There arent servers right now but if it gets popular we might be able to get different ones.

simplynaruto

Banned
Years
Hmm kyledove does this mean its a game where you pay or no? Oh and you could always use the git way and have imba items or quests pay only. A good site for games would be gameforge who hosts ikariam battle knight gladiatus and other games but i dont know if they make the games or no.

Legendaries

Ginzuishou/Heavy-Metal-Lover
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 2, 2021
Kyledove, You are the most talented person I've ever seen in my life :)))
GREAT job!! Good luck making this!

Razer Rage

Beginning Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jul 1, 2012
Hey. Those are some nice pics you've got there. What version of Flash are you using? I might be able to help. And how do you plan on making an MMOG with flash? I've never heard of such a thing! XD

Bombah!

BlackDragonite
Years
Heya, looks good.
Just some ideas, came through my head:
- If you want to avoid the name Pokémon, wouldn´t it be good to change Pokeball into smth other?
- I once had the idea of making a hack with fakemons, and I wanted to change the Pokeballs into Cards. (You throw cards, which capture Pokémons)
You could use that.

Like I said, these came through my head, so...^^

Good luck,
Bombah!

Years
It isn't really logical that a card can catch a pokemon =O

Another online game, I never played a good one, i deffenitly thin this is one of the best i have seen.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Well I dont think it could ever be truly free from the pokemon-connection, so we can do our best to avoid it, but somethings like pokeball cant really be changed much. I guess they could be called capture balls or something.

You wont have to pay for it.

Oh Ill have to ask my coder about what version of flash he uses.
"actionscript 3 or flash media server"?

Razer Rage

Beginning Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jul 1, 2012
Well that answers that question. If he is using AS 3.0, then he most likely has Flash CS3, whereas I have 8. Ah well. :(

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Couple of updates:

- moves can effect stats
- fanmon can learn new moves (right now every 5 levels)
- Evolution has been added (only one can currently evolve)
- basic trainer AI that choses effective moves
- volume option for music

Waudby

Awesome, sounds like progress is going smoothly. Can't wait to play this :D

Kyle, did you get my PM about the custom town sign tiles I had made?

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2008
So is this game still alive? just making sure cuz i just noticed it xD and i think it looks great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back