• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CrystalDust [v3 PUBLIC ALPHA]

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
My dear Friend Ash I know what are you saying.. I was just supporting your statement :). As this hack is 3rd gen based , Diego should add Waterfall for Feraligatr no matter what

That would ruin the point of him saying that movesets are now based on 2nd gen. He changed it to that for a reason, instead of leaving it (as it is a 3rd gen hack so it was there by default)

Years
Isn't this redundant seeing as how we already have the official remakes and the crystal remake on firered from LaZ?

EDIT: Also, could you call the double battle with Lance anytime, say if you want another battle with Lance with another group?
Liquid Crystal?
There are like 20 bugs even in New Bark Town hahahaha
The only good about lc its that its a big game :D
Id rather play 1 region in this hack than all 3 regions of lc :D

Lol sorry about the Togekiss comment i got confused xD

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Liquid Crystal?
There are like 20 bugs even in New Bark Town hahahaha
The only good about lc its that its a big game :D
Id rather play 1 region in this hack than all 3 regions of lc :D

Lol sorry about the Togekiss comment i got confused xD
I think they tried to make LC be a little later than the original Crystal, in that the characters may be different, new things may be added, etc. However, I do agree; if you plan a "remake", then things should be identical. Thus, this is the better hack.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen May 27, 2013
For some reason when I try to go to the Tin Tower it just shows a black screen. Any help?

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
I'm really sorry for the huge delay in releasing the "Christmas" surprise. This is what happens when I set deadlines for myself... But guess what? Today is the day it's coming out!
If you mean it i think its about Shining opal right? That would of course make my life very very busy
Nope, it's for CrystalDust. As you'll see...
Thanks for the fixes!
I feel that a new beta for Shining Opal is coming :D
Or maybe something involving Wonder Cards? :P
Neither, as you'll see.
Thanks for the fixes diego!! :D.....I wonder if you can get a togekiss in crystal dust?????
Sorry, no 4th gen Pokémon in CrystalDust.
new bugs found :(....after you battle your rival in the burnt tower the old man standing outside has spelling errors in his dialogue,the sailor outside in olivine city has weird characters in his dialogue as well......hope you fix soon as always :)......and MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU & EVERYBODY ELSE!!! :D
I can't find any errors with the old man's dialogue, but the sailor has been fixed.
I think you can evolve Togebi so yeah you can get Togekiss

Diego i have a lil suggestion for the credits
Add The PC Members in the credits as a whole and remove my name... many ppl here helped so it better be that way :D

Merry Xmas all its the last time you see me here :)
Why? Bc im a retired Pokemon Player :D
Good luck with ur hacks Diego ;)
Honestly, you've just done so much for this game that I think crediting you separately is really nice. But don't leave! I want you to beta test all my future hacks! :P.
In all seriousness, I wish you good luck with the rest of your life, as a beta tester or whatever you do for your real job. If you don't you should; you're good at it!
I think you're getting Togegetic and Togekiss mixed up. xD This hack doesn't contain any 4th gen or 5th gen Pokemon to my knowledge so I'm fairly sure Togekiss is unavailable, I'm sorry to say. I personally love it (serene grace ftw) but yeah, it's not available. Having said that, I wouldn't mine 4th gen being introduced, but I guess that's up to diegoisawesome (that, and I would doubt they would be implemented until at least the hack was finished/reached the Sevii Islands.)

And awwww. :( As many would agree, you were amazing at picking up errors etc. Good luck with life and a merry Christmas to you too (and everyone else of course.) :t225:
This isn't related to the post, but your Pryce sprites have been inserted and are in today's new beta!
Yeah removing unwanted pokes and adding 4th gen pokes as their replacement would be a great idea and will make this hack more likely to be playable by more fans.:D
...No thanks. The current Pokémon count is pretty good.
Isn't this redundant seeing as how we already have the official remakes and the crystal remake on firered from LaZ?

EDIT: Also, could you call the double battle with Lance anytime, say if you want another battle with Lance with another group?
1st: Not really, considering the three remakes have different features that make them all good in different ways.
2nd. I could, with some modification. Interesting idea for the future...
There's a move list bug that I really want to be open. My Feraligatr can't learn Waterfall :'(. I had to use a Gyrados as an HM Slave to get through the game. I was wondering if you can fix it. Please and thank you ^^

Well... that's completely intentional ;)
As weird as it might seem, Feraligator couldn't learn Waterfall in the 2nd generation.
Yeah, sorry to tell you, but Feraligatr couldn't learn Waterfall in 2nd gen and that's the way it's going to be here too.
I found bugs in the cianwood gym......just wanted to let you know
Could you please clarify?
We should always praise hackers as they really put lot of their life in making a hack. Both LC and CrystalDust Rock in different ways
This is true. People have different tastes and interests, and I think LC, CD, and HG/SS together fit into the main remake niches.
For some reason when I try to go to the Tin Tower it just shows a black screen. Any help?
This is (finally) fixed with today's patch.

Speaking of today's patch... This is a big one, containing 30k more changes than the last one...
The Proper DN System and Fixed Saves Patch!
Yes, you read correctly. A proper DN system that has decent palettes and... light-up windows!
CrystalDust_morning.png
CrystalDust_day.png
CrystalDust_afternoon.png
CrystalDust_night.png

(I'll update the first post later)
Not just this, but CrystalDust also saves on real hardware now!! Sadly, this means that your old save files won't work at all... However, save states should continue to work.
These features and a lot of other things are in today's patch! Download it now!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Not just this, but CrystalDust also saves on real hardware now!!
That is pure awesomeness; I will try this immediately and give you a review when I'm done.

Even though I've previously expressed disappointment in carrying over certain aspects of G/S/C that were only there because of time and/or GBC hardware restrictions, I still wish you the best of luck on this hack.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
All Hail Diego for coming back!!! Was that beta posted or yet to come today?
Eh...

Yes, you read correctly. A proper DN system that has decent palettes and... light-up windows!
In other words, download, swap, and see if windows light up at night after you load your save state (not actual save since diego said they don't work, so create a save state before swapping).

Cyclone

Lugiaz Soul

I support Crystal Dust
Years
Speaking of today's patch... This is a big one, containing 30k more changes than the last one...
The Proper DN System and Fixed Saves Patch!
CrystalDust_morning.png
CrystalDust_day.png
CrystalDust_afternoon.png
CrystalDust_night.png

(I'll update the first post later)
Not just this, but CrystalDust also saves on real hardware now!! Sadly, this means that your old save files won't work at all... However, save states should continue to work.
These features and a lot of other things are in today's patch! Download it now!
I see that my patience has been rewarded. Diego, you are the man! I wish you the best and a happy New Years!
EDIT: Found this using the latest patch. I was at the bug catching contest.
attachment.php

Last edited:
Years
I know that they work hard on those hacks i just dont like some things in lc so i just posted my opinion about it
Btw lol most of the bugs are fixed in new bark town in the new build xD

Anyway about this hacks update... holy... just wow i didnt see that coming :D
But still i cant really stay here even if i want lol i wish i could do many things at once but i cant so i have to leave... and it really sucks but hey thats how life works :D
I know that i did more work than some members here but still id rather see the pc members who helped with testing as a whole because tbh i didnt do anything hard and it did not take that much time lol its just minor help :)
Still its up to u if u want to change this im ok with my nickname staying on the credits after im gne.
Well bye this is really the last time im here i had a nice time here pc members are very helpful and friendly keep up the good work guys & girls ;)

Sierraffinity

Years
That is pure awesomeness; I will try this immediately and give you a review when I'm done.

Even though I've previously expressed disappointment in carrying over certain aspects of G/S/C that were only there because of time and/or GBC hardware restrictions, I still wish you the best of luck on this hack.
Haha, thanks. I know you and me have differences with preferred remake style, but to each his own. personally, I think that the smaller Kanto just adds to the GSC-ness of it and makes it really feel as though Kanto has changed after three years.
All Hail Diego for coming back!!! Was that beta posted or yet to come today?
Well, I DID say that you can download it now...
I see that my patience has been rewarded. Diego, you are the man! I wish you the best and a happy New Years!
EDIT: Found this using the latest patch. I was at the bug catching contest.
attachment.php
Thanks for the compliment, but... what did you find, exactly?
I know that they work hard on those hacks i just dont like some things in lc so i just posted my opinion about it
Btw lol most of the bugs are fixed in new bark town in the new build xD

Anyway about this hacks update... holy... just wow i didnt see that coming :D
But still i cant really stay here even if i want lol i wish i could do many things at once but i cant so i have to leave... and it really sucks but hey thats how life works :D
I know that i did more work than some members here but still id rather see the pc members who helped with testing as a whole because tbh i didnt do anything hard and it did not take that much time lol its just minor help :)
Still its up to u if u want to change this im ok with my nickname staying on the credits after im gne.
Well bye this is really the last time im here i had a nice time here pc members are very helpful and friendly keep up the good work guys & girls ;)
Man, I'm really sorry to see you go. But if you have to, I guess you have to.

Sierraffinity

Years
Than I am starting it right away now to match your work with Liquid crystal..;)
Start with today's patch, because as Lugiaz Soul says....
The text boxes have no text.
Yeah, sorry. That was a repointing issue I made and didn't notice. Fixed in today's patch.
But can you see the image you apparently posted earlier? Because the confusion arose when I couldn't see them.

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2014
ahhhh this is nice!!!.....and the bugs In the cianwood gym are 1.you can walk/step on on the rock in front of the last trainer in the gym. 2.the rock that the gym leader breaks respawns after about 3 steps after you defeat him

oh and I forgot to tell you when you talk to Mr.Pokemon with the red scale you don't get the option to say yes or no and after you trade you don't even get the experience share.......tried the new patch is just me or does the colors seem more vibrant and you put in some new tunes :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2013
I'm trying to change the starter Pokemon in CrystalDust using the Universal Pokemon Randomizer. I select Psyduck, Mantine, and Mantine, and save to a new rom file. But when I play the new rom, it still presents the starter Pokemon from CrystalDust, not the ones I chose.

What's wrong?

--

Are Mew and/or MewTwo catchable in Pokemon CrystalDust like in Emerald?

If not, is there a reliable Emerald code that spawns a random Mew?

Can we get a definitive list of catchable Pokemon and compatible movesets for Pokemon CrystalDust?

It's unclear whether Mew and/or MewTwo are obtainable in CrystalDust.

It's also unclear whether movesets are closer to Gen II, where very few Pokemon can learn specific HMs, or closer to Gen III, where most Pokemon can learn many HMs.

Could we clear up some of the differences between CrystalDust, the official Crystal, the official Emerald, and the official HeartGold?

Last edited:

Sierraffinity

Years
OK then here we go deleting old file and re patching in a new ROM. By the way how is the work on Shining opal?
All I can say about Shining Opal is that progress is happening... Just slower than I'd like.
ahhhh this is nice!!!.....and the bugs In the cianwood gym are 1.you can walk/step on on the rock in front of the last trainer in the gym. 2.the rock that the gym leader breaks respawns after about 3 steps after you defeat him

oh and I forgot to tell you when you talk to Mr.Pokemon with the red scale you don't get the option to say yes or no and after you trade you don't even get the experience share.......tried the new patch is just me or does the colors seem more vibrant and you put in some new tunes :D
I've fixed the first bug in today's patch. The second one isn't a bug, it happens in Crystal too. The third one may be because you have too many things in your inventory. I'll fix it later.
And yeah, the colors are a lot better now due to the new DN system.
I'm trying to change the starter Pokemon in CrystalDust using the Universal Pokemon Randomizer. I select Psyduck, Mantine, and Mantine, and save to a new rom file. But when I play the new rom, it still presents the starter Pokemon from CrystalDust, not the ones I chose.

What's wrong? I use a different system of starters than Emerald does.

--

Are Mew and/or MewTwo catchable in Pokemon CrystalDust like in Emerald? Not yet.

If not, is there a reliable Emerald code that spawns a random Mew? You shouldn't use GameShark codes on hacks.

Can we get a definitive list of catchable Pokemon and compatible movesets for Pokemon CrystalDust? Catchable Pokémon are the same as in Crystal daytime, and learnable moves (not TM moves) are the same as Emerald.

It's unclear whether Mew and/or MewTwo are obtainable in CrystalDust.

It's also unclear whether movesets are closer to Gen II, where very few Pokemon can learn specific HMs, or closer to Gen III, where most Pokemon can learn many HMs. TM and HM assignments are identical to Crystal.

Could we clear up some of the differences between CrystalDust, the official Crystal, the official Emerald, and the official HeartGold? How about ou play the game and see for yourself?
Responses in bold. And please, if I don't respond right away, give it a few hours or days. Please don't spam posts with essentially the same questions.

And now, we bring you today's update: the GB Player update!
The GB Player from HGSS (or GB Sounds in English games) has been inserted into CrystalDust! However, it's of a much higher quality. Some songs still have issues and sound effects haven't been ported, but it's pretty much working as it should.

To get it in-game, go to the questionnaire in any Pokémon Mart and type in the phrase "GAME BOY MUSIC PLEASE". The clerk will then give you the GB Player. The next update should have a way to be informed about this from within the game itself and have a questionnaire within the Goodenrod Dept. Store.

Years
Looks like you already posted the reply of my question. So i have nothing to say more except the game play which is way too cool. Reminds me quite a lot of the original story.

Back