• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: EVAN PETERS HAVE MY BABIES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Stupid Before Midnight not being available in the UK for another month! I'm honestly surprised I've managed to survive this long without spoiling myself; haven't seen the trailer, read reviews or anything. I want to go into this one completely cold.

And I completely co-sign Rest's take on not binge-watching these films. I waited about a month or so after seeing Before Sunrise before watching Before Sunset and felt a lot better about it accordingly. You really do need the time to process the events and feel what Jesse and Celine feel.

Years
Well, I guess I can appreciate that they're doing something different with film even if I'm the kind of person who would rather marathon something I enjoy if I'm able.

I also heard Hannibal did not get canceled like I feared. Happy dance. I love having one show I can watch with people and this is that show for me. Since we can't get together on Thursday when it airs we stream it on Friday or Saturday, but that gives us a chance to have a little fun with it. For this next episode I'm bringing some blood orange soda and ladyfingers.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Well, I guess I can appreciate that they're doing something different with film even if I'm the kind of person who would rather marathon something I enjoy if I'm able.

I feel this way as well. I find it difficult to not watch something consistently if I enjoy it.

I'd like to pick up Hannibal as soon as it's available online, if it's not already. I don't really have television access for the time being, so I have to rely on the internet for my television fix.

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
Years
Stupid Before Midnight not being available in the UK for another month! I'm honestly surprised I've managed to survive this long without spoiling myself; haven't seen the trailer, read reviews or anything. I want to go into this one completely cold.

i'm guilty of watching the trailer. ;) I can barely contain my excitement!

This isn't a spoiler or anything, but here's a video of Julie telling a theatre audience to shut up: link. Hilarious.

I also heard Hannibal did not get canceled like I feared. Happy dance. I love having one show I can watch with people and this is that show for me. Since we can't get together on Thursday when it airs we stream it on Friday or Saturday, but that gives us a chance to have a little fun with it. For this next episode I'm bringing some blood orange soda and ladyfingers.

I'd like to pick up Hannibal as soon as it's available online, if it's not already. I don't really have television access for the time being, so I have to rely on the internet for my television fix.

Happy days! I'm glad Hannibal's not cancelled, a good move on NBC's part. I'm at the fourth episode, and I like how gritty and stylish everything is so far, but I've delayed my watching the next episode what with Arrested Development's entire season being aired and finishing up with Enlightened. I can't wait to see Gillian Anderson face off (not literally) with Mads.

Years
Last episode of Hannibal was kinda crazy.

Spoiler:

I want more television like this.

Years
I've been meaning to start watching Hannibal. :( if only I had more time!

Game of Thrones is back tonight with the Red Wedding!! ^___^ I'm so excited to be distraught y'all.

Houndour2005

Banned
Years
Since there is no Eurovision thread this year, I'm going to say here that Greece and Italy's entries were amazing and they deserved something more than 6th and 7th (I think).
And we in Denmark won.

Last edited by a moderator:

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Can someone give me a good reason to watch Game of Thrones ?

Rest

Years
Can someone give me a good reason to watch Game of Thrones ?

I don't know, to be honest. I basically had to throw myself into Game of Thrones, and I wasn't so fond of it at first because it had so many characters and intersecting storylines, but I got really hooked a few episodes in. I think it has a really addictive value to it, and that is very much credited to the ongoing story and the motivations of the characters. :)

All things considered though, it's still pretty much a high-fantasy soap opera with a high production value.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Yeeeeeeeeah, I am not looking forward to that at all. Naomi Watts is very hit-and-miss, I'm not the greatest fan of biopics in general, the team behind the camera don't have the greatest track record. Consider me verrrrrrry sceptical for the moment.

Years
Biopics are okay if you like the person they're about, or if they happen to be above the cut as far as movies go, but I'm like Cat Dog and not that interested in them so much.

Now, if they would make mocumentary style biopic (biomoc?) about an actual person and then change all the facts then I would be all over that. Do they have things like this already?

Rest

Years
Chances are Naomi Watts is going to be nominated again at the Oscars next year. AMPAS loves biopics. As for myself, I'm not particularly excited for Diana, but I like Watts as an actress and she'll be my main reason to watch.

Anyways, I know the lot of you love Kanye West's music. His new album Yeezus got leaked today, three days before the 18th June release date.

Yeezus_Kanye_West.jpg

I've listened to it, and it's very much different than his previous albums. I think I'll need a listen-through a few more times, but I freaking love the simplistic production value and clever use with some of the samples. Yeezus feels very in your face and primal. In My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, you can kind of sit back and watch the whole album unfold and blossom, but Yeezus is the opposite. It's relentless. Kind of like punk rock.

Also, it's incredibly short. Probably too short for me.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Biopics are okay if you like the person they're about

This is my mindset, and Naomi Watts doesn't interest me whatsoever.

Rest said:
Chances are Naomi Watts is going to be nominated again at the Oscars next year. AMPAS loves biopics.

Yeah, and for reasons I don't understand, especially when it's about those are just flat out uninteresting and lead very ordinary lives that we were probably better off not even learning about. I don't mean to sound exclusionary or harsh with that statement, I would just like biopics more if they weren't overhyped and more and more they're focused on people I show no interest in! :(

Guy

just a guy
Years
Where do I put in my petition for Tatiana Matlany as Best Actress in a Drama Series for the Emmys?

Do any of you guys watch Orphan Black? Have any of you guys even heard of it? Perfect show. Perfect. After hearing so much buzz online about it, I finally took the bullet and decided to watch it. Now I'm full on obsessed and can't get enough. Tatiana Matlany is probably the most talented and hard working actress on television today.

Wait, let me rephrase that; Tatiana Matlany IS the most talented and hard working actress on television today. I was so happy for her when she beat out a lot of big name actresses at the Critics Choice Television Award last week. The number of people in the crowd who appeared confused and was wondering who even was this woman was priceless!

Last edited:
Years
I tried watching the first episode of Orphan Black. Couldn't finish it. Wasn't engaged at all. But that, I think, was mostly the writing and story. It seemed like it was trying too hard to be dark and edgy and sexy and boundary-breaking. It reminded me a lot of that Battlestar Galactica spin-off show, Caprica.

Guy

just a guy
Years
If you're into science fiction dramas (without the cheese) and mystery thrillers, then I'd recommend anyone who stopped watching after the pilot episode to at least try to watch it beyond that before making a final judgement.

The thing about the pilot is that it doesn't introduce all of the other major characters that really are the core and focus of the series ─ with good reason. Once they come in (and it doesn't take long for that to happen) then the show really begins to hit its stride. And the characters that you do meet from the pilot only get better as the series goes along.

I never saw Caprica, so I can't compare, but Orphan Black does manage to find a great balance between being dark and edgy and also being light and comedic with some sexy in between. The writing is actually quite clever and when you think about the intellect of the characters and why they do what they do, it's actually quite amazing how well the writers of the show really know their characters they are writing for and what they are capable of.

You know how some shows have characters and villains that you just don't care about? Well this show makes you interested in all of their characters and what they're up to. And the ones you want to hate, you just really love to hate them instead.

I won't say it's the most original show ever made, because it's not. The premise has been done a number of times before. However, it's the characters, the writing, AND the overdone premise that actually makes this show worth seeing. They take a premise that has been done and transform into something great. There is no show on television right now that's really like it. The BIGGEST selling factor however would be the lead actress, Tatiana Matlany, who I see as a rising star in the future.

I watched it out of all the hype, and I'll say, the hype and buzz the critics and fans are making for this show and the actress aren't overrated as they are for most shows that are so heavily pushed by others. It's actually quite addictive once you get into it.

At the end of the day, all I want to see is Tatiana Matlany making an acceptance speech at the Emmys. Which I hope happens with all the buzz and talk going around for her. Maybe, just maybe, she'll be able to do what the people behind the awards curtains wouldn't let Anna Torv or John Noble do when they were on Fringe.

Last edited:

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
I LOVE NAOMI WATTS AND PRINCESS DI AND EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU CAN KISS MY ASS

Anyways, I know the lot of you love Kanye West's music. His new album Yeezus got leaked today, three days before the 18th June release date.

Yeezus_Kanye_West.jpg

I've listened to it, and it's very much different than his previous albums. I think I'll need a listen-through a few more times, but I freaking love the simplistic production value and clever use with some of the samples. Yeezus feels very in your face and primal. In My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, you can kind of sit back and watch the whole album unfold and blossom, but Yeezus is the opposite. It's relentless. Kind of like punk rock.

Also, it's incredibly short. Probably too short for me.

I'm on the fence about Yeezus. It's definitely experimental and out there, definitely one of edgier albums to date, but... I'm just not connecting with most of the songs. I love New Slaves, Blood On The Leaves and Hold My Liquor but aside from those, this isn't an album I think I'll be listening to a year from now. I feel like the whole point of the album was to smash me over the head with a bottle of vodka and shock me, but I'm just not feeling it at this point of time. Though, regardless of all this, this is a valiant effort by Yeezy, considering he would have done all of this while Kim K was pregnant and what not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back