• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Making the Staff Lounge Visible?

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Lerroux, I know you've had some serious backlash from the staff here, but I'm seriously finding it hard to contemplate that you would make this forum visible to every member. Confidential stuff is supposed to be discussed here and with the rest of the member base watching our every move I doubt PC's current and future moderators will be able to plan in a conducive environment. The growth of new ideas in a private forum nurtured change and allows us to put plans together effectively, while doing it in public will only lead to pre-emptive criticism from regular members and the stagnation of innovation as every idea will be opposed by at least one person in one way.

I've always been told that the PC staff should work as a well oiled machine, but I just can't see this happening any time soon so long as our dealings remain open to everybody.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I feel the same way, sorta. I don't feel it'll be a good idea for PC, but if Lerroux thinks so... idk, I guess I should just watch what I say here from now on. :x

You're so smart btw, Fuji. :3

moments.

quixotic
Years
I think making this visible is the best decision that could be made.

Long live La Roux, and her musical finesse!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Uhhhh how did a supporter post here?!

moments.

quixotic
Years
I scrolled down to the Quick Reply section, entered a message, and hit "Post Quick Reply."

I thought after 27k posts you would know how to post, Nica. :S

Lerroux

Ruler of PC
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2015
Lerroux, I know you've had some serious backlash from the staff here, but I'm seriously finding it hard to contemplate that you would make this forum visible to every member. Confidential stuff is supposed to be discussed here and with the rest of the member base watching our every move I doubt PC's current and future moderators will be able to plan in a conducive environment. The growth of new ideas in a private forum nurtured change and allows us to put plans together effectively, while doing it in public will only lead to pre-emptive criticism from regular members and the stagnation of innovation as every idea will be opposed by at least one person in one way.

I've always been told that the PC staff should work as a well oiled machine, but I just can't see this happening any time soon so long as our dealings remain open to everybody.

As I have stated before, I have decided to make this forum visible to everybody to ensure that you staff take your jobs seriously. The presence of watchers will ensure everything posted here is sensible and for the benefit of the forums. There have been too many times where you discussed irrelevant topics or flat out disrespected me behind closed doors despite all I have done for you. I do not see this step as a hindrance, but as an opportunity to connect with members and gain instant feedback on any ideas you come up with. You seem to be one of the more rational staff members so you are more than welcome to discuss this improvement publicly.

I feel the same way, sorta. I don't feel it'll be a good idea for PC, but if Lerroux thinks so... idk, I guess I should just watch what I say here from now on. :x

You're so smart btw, Fuji. :3

Do not worry, your discussions here shall feel natural after a period of time.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
I'm cool with it, no more talking crap about people behind their backs.

twocows

Years
You know what I mean. Exactly what I mean.
If you're implying that I talk about people behind their back, then you're wrong and my posts prove that. I haven't said anything negative about any particular user in here and you can see for yourself.

twocows

Years
Body language my friend. Actions speak louder than words. It's not a matter of what you've said but what you've done.
Setting aside that I have no idea what you're talking about, I've always acted in the best interest of the users (like Tron). I don't know what you're reading into that suggests otherwise, but it's very hurtful. And I don't see how that has any bearing on my point that this was a good idea because it shows people what the higher-ups really think of them. Governments are supposed to be beholden to the people and so are forum staffs.

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015
Oh my ****ing god! Are you serious?! This is such ********! I WANT LERROUX GONE! DO YOU HEAR ME STEVE!

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Is this a permanent thing? I don't really understand what's going on. Why have a section visible to the members if they can't even post in it? :/

Also

twocows said:
(like Tron)
I lol'd hard.

Back