• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Danger on the S.S. Anne [SU+OOC]

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
Years
First post is up, sorry if it's a bit long, wanted to get some real character detail in there, and still didn't get as much as I woulda liked. Decided not to yet tell the story of how Link got his ticket, gonna leave that for a bit later.

Some great posts by EVERYONE so far!

@FirstSnow - Your pokemon and their traits are adorable! Love the idea of Twitch taking things apart and then getting bored and moving on to watch some Soaps! And Jamie surfing the internet is classic, I was gonna include a bit in my post with Link seeing him on the internet and being like ''WTF?!'' But I wasn't sure if he was doing it in the lounge or your personal room of the PC!

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
First post is up, sorry if it's a bit long, wanted to get some real character detail in there, and still didn't get as much as I woulda liked. Decided not to yet tell the story of how Link got his ticket, gonna leave that for a bit later.

@FirstSnow - Your pokemon and their traits are adorable! Love the idea of Twitch taking things apart and then getting bored and moving on to watch some Soaps! And Jamie surfing the internet is classic, I was gonna include a bit in my post with Link seeing him on the internet and being like ''WTF?!'' But I wasn't sure if he was doing it in the lounge or your personal room of the PC!

Aha, you certainly don't need to worry about posts being too long, I quite enjoy the detail, it was a good post!

Although I would like it if you removed the colour-speech formatting. Italics or one (dark) colour for all the text would be a lot easier on the eyes.

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years
@Baker's Bulbasaur: (Your name's way too long, from now on, you'll be BB, or Baker… which do you prefer?)

Anyways, cool post, I especially found this paragraph hilarious:
As Link left the Pokemon Center his eyes met hundreds of pokemon trainers of all ages rushing around, many with their pokemon following them, Link gave a snarl, he never approved of trainers keeping their pokemon out of their Pokeballs outside of battles. Ignoring the desire to stop and slap every trainer he passed with a pokemon outside of it's proper place, he made his way towards the dock where most of the trainers were starting to assemble, a voice booming over a megaphone became gradually louder.
But, does that mean that he won't like Ureshii??? :'(

After all, he only walks around with Caretaker in case that if he's about to fall or topple over his Mr. Mime can just catch him with his Confusion attack… after all, if he doesn't do that, they'll take his Pokémon Center insurance away… and then who will massage his lower back after long car rides… oh no…

/fake faints
:cheeky:

Great opener :3 I especially liked the last bit, watching Skylar. Ureshii's insight into the history of the town was also interesting! Hope he's got some good stories for the younguns.
I'm glad you liked it! :)

And yes! You can be damn sure this guy got more stories than a socially awkward teenager has pimples… :pirate:

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
Years
@Swiftsign - Sure thing Boss! ^_^

@Drunk -When I was active around here in 2005 I gained the nicname BB by most, so that will do nicely!
Haha well thankyou!
I'm not sure, he'll probably consider it pathetic that any human would need a pokemon to look after them xD

for him.

I'm trash.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 6, 2023

Ahahahaha thanks. Well he was in his personal room, so unless your character has x-ray vision or something, he wouldn't have been able to see anything. Let's hope Twitch doesn't dismantle anything because Johnny can't pay for all of it. (He's saving a lot of it for his baby.)

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
Years
Ahahahaha thanks. Well he was in his personal room, so unless your character has x-ray vision or something, he wouldn't have been able to see anything. Let's hope Twitch doesn't dismantle anything because Johnny can't pay for all of it. (He's saving a lot of it for his baby.)

Knew I left something out of my sign up...

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
Years
@Drunk - Only just got round to reading your post as you musta posted it while I was writing mine, but you write beautifully, I already feel sorry for your character!

@NOR - Agree with FirstSnow, loved it, well done for linking in the Pokemon Fan Club!

for him.

I'm trash.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 6, 2023
@BB: I just read your post earlier. I like how you referenced my character and his Pidgeotto. XD

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
Years
=)

I do my best to include other peoples characters/events in my posts, cos I love reading other people doing it, I'm always like

''OMGZZZ HE SAID THAT HE SAW THAT BECAUSE SHE SAID THAT SHE DID THAT AND LIEK WOOOOOOOOWZ!!11one1!!1oneone!!''

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years
@Drunk -When I was active around here in 2005 I gained the nicname BB by most, so that will do nicely!
Haha well thankyou!
I'm not sure, he'll probably consider it pathetic that any human would need a pokemon to look after them xD
>:C he should watch his mouth, or he won't make it to 80… kukukukuku  <-- evil laugh according to naruto… :P
Posted, woop woop this is gonna be great.

@Drunk: Staryubucks... LOVE IT. xD *thumbs up*
Yeah, Staryubucks FTW!

@ Everyone: Let's make Staryubucks as successful as Starbucks! Let's go get coffee everytime we make a stop… and everywhere :D
@Drunk - Only just got round to reading your post as you musta posted it while I was writing mine, but you write beautifully, I already feel sorry for your character!

@NOR - Agree with FirstSnow, loved it, well done for linking in the Pokemon Fan Club!
Thanks. x)
Honestly, I got a little too much into character there… I was about to cry when I realized that Pokémon wasn't real…

… then I became inconsolable. :(

Yeah, I just LOVED the part with the Fan Club. Want to see the pictures of the Fan Club? Here, I'll give you a bike voucher if…

Nobody likes the fanclub… :'(
@BB: I just read your post earlier. I like how you referenced my character and his Pidgeotto. XD
I was going to do that too.

Then I realized, "DUDE, your character is 80 years old… he's probably deaf already." And then I decided that Caretaker is also going to be his hearing aide, so if you see Ureshii without Caretaker around, don't even bother… or YELL REALLY LOUDLY!!!

aceattorneyweirdgirl

oh heck oh frig im girl now
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 28, 2024
Oh, god, not the Fan Club Chairman. You did a fantastic job of bringing his personality to life, Night.

Anyway, my first post is up.

King!

better
Years
Well, there's my first post...hmm....

I'm kind of unhappy with the Bella-Swan-ness of Nadia here at first, but oh well x3 I tried to stay true to her character, at least what the personality says. Things should only get better from here!

for him.

I'm trash.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 6, 2023
It didn't seem that bad to me... If you do think the post had gone in that direction then don't worry, you have time to flesh out the character. I am a bit worried about mine. He has the potential to completely screw up as a character and it really depends on how I write him from here onward.

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
Years
@King! - If It's any consellation, I think your first post was inspiring, the prologue especially I found mesmerising. The song quotes threw me off at first, but they were very nice nonetheless ^_^

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I can't wait to read these later >:3 unfortunately it's very early and I have about 7 minutes to browse, I shall report back soon :D

King!

better
Years
@First Snow - Your post seemed good to me, too :) I'm sure as long as you don't want him to end up a certain way, he won't!

@BB - Omg, thank you very, very much :3 I didn't even think about it as inspiring while I wrote it, tbh xD But that does make me feel better, so thanks! And as for the song quotes...yeah, I was hoping that they wouldn't be too confusing ._. I wasn't sure how to make it clear that it was a song xD But oh well, as long as it worked out in the end :)

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Well guys I think I'm finally read up. You guys are all doing well! If I can count correctly there are 9/15 passengers on board.

The ship will set sail either once everyone has boarded or on the 12th July - whichever comes first. There is no pressure to rush your post though as there is plenty for everybody to do beforehand - eat, meet people, explore the boat, I think I even permitted battling.

:D

Back