• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@ShinyDiamond: There's a spoiler on the first page of PTA's OOC thread labeled Settings. There's a spoiler within it labeled Abandoned Lugia White Dorm, among many other spoilers I wrote up that detail the specific settings of various areas of the island. (That's another thing it has in common with GX. It's on an island.)

The aforementioned spoiler reads as followed: "Lugia dorm was the fourth and highest tier of the body of students, even above suicune dorm. However, after the dorm room was infested by ghosts seemingly out of the blue the students previously housed within it had to be relocated. Attempts to purge the dorm of it's ghostly occupants met with... failure. Gary wound up disbanding lugia dorm and relocating it's students into the other three dorms, mostly suicune, as a result. However, a very small body of students were so insulted by the gesture that they left the academy in direct response to it."

More specific details aren't available through OOC. It was one of the last things Jackblaze added to the RP before he handed off control Megaman765 and I, if I recall correctly. One of the characters played by Bassiroth, named Takmui, is an ex-Lugia Dorm student who intends to attempt to purge the dorm and resurrect it's legacy as top, exclusive dorm.

Also speaking of PTA; we've hit the 200 page mark.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
Marin-My mobile takes time to load that first page of PTA OOC. >.> It's a bit slow loading that page than others. But I'm glad I got to learn again about the Lugia Dorm. As for Takumi, the name taken from Initial D, I never knew he was an Ex-Lugia student. I better read Bassiroth's post as Tak & see what he does. :3 Thanks again Marin, & congradulations on hitting the 200th mark!

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Hmm... Any more blatently rude points you'd like to make? Plus, my was correct. We were talking about it earlier, and I simply put in something I noticed. So you, sir, are incorrect, because I didn't ask if we were (currently) talking about it, as it was past-tense.
Actually, I don't think what I said was close to rude at all, and if it was it certainly wasn't blatant. I was simply stating a fact and using repetitive meanings across several words because we had been brought back the the topic multiple (I think about 2) times in the past, nothing rude about that; what would have been rude is if I had said something to the effect of, "Would you shut up already? It's over, get over it," but I wouldn't do that, I'm not that much of a jerk, as subjective as it is. Though subjectivity is as subjectivity is, and if I did indeed offend or insult you then I'm sincerely sorry. I will give you the matter about the tenses, though I really don't think that's much of a big deal. Even still, it was a careless mistake and I do apologize for that as well.

Now anyway, it's time to get on with it.

Which do you prefer more? Rp's made from Games, or Shows, or purely original ideas?
I don't really have the preference, so long as the show is an anime, mainly because they often have better scenarios for RP settings. Generally games and shows are the better RPs when told by any GM, but original ideas can be better if told by adept GMs. That said, OIs can be great if the GM has a fountain of knowledge on the subject matter, such as Youkai or ancient Dynasties; it's really best that the GM uses wikis as references rather than bibles in such cases.

Last edited:

Nam

Years
Here's a new question for everyone to answer...

Does anyone plan on making some kind of Sonic RP anytime soon?

I have just been craving this so much lately it's unbelievable and I just can't find anymore Sonic forums anywhere... There used to be so many too.

Edit: I've been the first post of like the last three pages... xD

Last edited:

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
I honestly could go without a Sonic RP, but that's just me. Sure, I like Sonic (ちょっとね / Just a little) though I think that was a phase. Never really had an interest in the games, not sure why.

So... New question:

Would there be interest in a Halo RP? Has there been one on this site before?

I don't know if there's been one, but a Halo RP would definitely spark my interest.

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
Years
The original Sonic and Sonic 2 were the best games for me, anything past Sonic 3 = blegh (not to mention Sonic was my first ever video game).

A Halo RP? All they do is float above an angel's head and look shiny, unless you'd have a RP where they try and take over Heaven, or where angels are falling because of the corruption of humanity and the halos are in danger of becoming extinct.
Spoiler:

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
The original Sonic and Sonic 2 were the best games for me, anything past Sonic 3 = blegh (not to mention Sonic was my first ever video game).

A Halo RP? All they do is float above an angel's head and look shiny, unless you'd have a RP where they try and take over Heaven, or where angels are falling because of the corruption of humanity and the halos are in danger of becoming extinct.
Spoiler:

... Please... PLEASE tell me you're joking. Halo: Combat Evolved? Halo 2? Halo 3? Halo 3: ODST? Halo: Reach? Halo 4?

halo-cafe-da-manha.jpg

You have got to be kidding me...

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
LOOOLLL my brothers always force me to play the halo games with them xD hahahah~ ...yes i have alot of bro's.....

Plus i like the sonic games ^^ i was planning on playing sonic colors today :3

プリンセスサファイア

Sapphire Princess
Years
Does anyone plan on making some kind of Sonic RP anytime soon?

I made one, I'm actually thinking about opening up a few more spots on each side once we finish what's going on right now.

Would there be interest in a Halo RP? Has there been one on this site before?

I've heard about Halo but I've never played it. I'm not sure how it would work as an rp but I'd consider giving it a try

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
@Rokusasu: Woah, woah, woah, woah. Everything past Sonic 3 is equal to blergh? I don't mean to get worked up or to offend anyone, but come on! Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, those are some pretty awesome games (especially the first one). While I can agree that some 3D Sonic games were completely horrible (I'm looking at you Sonic '06 and Shadow the Hedgehog), not all of them are. I mean, Sonic Colours (or Colors) was a good game that I enjoyed a lot. Sure, the bosses were extremely re-used and the zones had way too many acts, but it was still really good. And if that doesn't spark your interest, try Sonic Generations.

But everyone is entitled to their own opinion, just thought I'd comment on your opinion with my opinion. Because that's how debates work and all that good stuff. Now onto something more relevant:

@Zerin: Nah, I've never been a big fan of Halo. Or ANY FPS for that matter, unless it is the Metroid Prime series. So, no. A Halo-RP is not really interesting to me.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
1. I am a big fan of Sonic! I have seen & played almost every game there is of Sonic. My favorite would be Sonic Heroes, fighting Metal Overlord. It's like awesome, especially Sonic's light speed attack after Team Blast. I know everything about Sonic the Hedgehog, my favorite being Tails.

2. I have never seen much of Halo, so I wouldn't know much about it if I joined.

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
@ShinyDiamond: Oh? Your favourite is Sonic Heroes? That's a bit different regarding how many fans of the series hate that game. I don't have anything against it, it's a fine game IMO. But Omochao... Ooooohhh GOD is he annoying, even more annoying than Navi.

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
Years
@ Mr. Mammoth - 'Tis cool. XD I'm just stuck in the early 90s 'cause yeah, Sonic, Sonic 2 and Sonic and Knuckles were my childhood. I tried Sonic Heroes, didn't like it. Tried Sonic Advanced, didn't like it. My friend's gonna get Sonic Generations when she gets her 360, and I played a demo which had a stage that was like the 3rd zone in Sonic 2. I'll just sit happily alone in my retro corner. -hugs Sega Megadrive-

@ Zerin: Lies.
challenge.jpg

I've moved on from Sonic now though. At the moment I'm really into Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Shin Megami Tensei: Persona and The Elder Scrolls. Considering making a Mass Effect RP, but I don't know how many people would be interested in one. That's the risk with series RPs - there might not be a demand for them or they'll die out after a couple of posts. Hopefully I'd make it accessible to people who haven't played the series, but who want a good old sci-fi RP.

Last edited:

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Did someone say Mass Effect RP? I might consider joining that if it has a decent plot.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
If a Halo (or Mass Effect, I presume) RP would work, there would have to be a very good story to go with it.

Something I'm wondering: How do people feel about playing in a RP as pre-existing characters? Like, not playing as a character you've made up yourself, but rather as a character that already exist in canon. For example, to play as Ash or Brock in a pokémon RP or as Hermione in a Harry Potter RP.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

Something I'm wondering: How do people feel about playing in a RP as pre-existing characters? Like, not playing as a character you've made up yourself, but rather as a character that already exist in canon. For example, to play as Ash or Brock in a pokémon RP or as Hermione in a Harry Potter RP.
I actually thought about this, and really, I'm perfectly okay with it. Existing character role-based RPs can open new doors and can actually be more story based than character created ones, depending on the subject matter, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back