• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice.

Ice.
Years
That's pretty interesting, Zephyr! The idea of having an entire nation in your hands indeed sounds intriguing :3 This is no doubt one gonna be one big project, but if it the system manages to work fine then this would almost be guaranteed the best RP for the next quarter (BUT WE WILL FIGHT FOR IT WITH OUR OWN ROLEPLAYS -gets pitchforks-).

I love how sandbox-y the entire thing is, and the large amount of freedom. You're the leader of a nation! You don't have to listen to ANYBODY (well, except for other nations maybe). But have you set a good system for the entire roleplay? For example, detailed methods of collecting resources (some might just say 'poof we got 100,000,000!)? Amount, limit and production of Military power (because I'm pretty sure some people would do something like this: 'Actually I've been hiding secrets for a long time and i've got missile bases all over my country! Prepare to be bombed, Theory!')

Yeah...and what about diplomacy possibilities such as global organizations like the United Nations/League of Nations, treaties, pacts, ententes and powers, not to mention things like propaganda? xD The entire idea is great but if people have no limits or a really clear/detailed system things will get outta control.

Though I'm probably not the best person to comment on this because people here are more experienced. I saw some roleplays fail because of the large amount of freedom. People did whatever they liked and yeah...messy. I don't want that to happen to this one ^^ Perhaps when more things have been planned out, there would be a more detailed and less vague system for us (: Good luck!

And golly, you're making me wanna join that Roleplay! I might have to...adjust my limits a little.... -throws schedule away-

P.S: Also curious. How are you gonna make the map? Paint? Hexographer (which is probably a better solution)?

I'm going to use your quotes to answer as many questions as I can.

For different systems controlling economy, military, whatnot

Actually I've been hiding secrets for a long time
But seriously, I have all my systems planned out, just working out kinks.

For Diplomacy:

Well, I couldn't find anything you posted to match an answer, so I'mma explain it. A Diplomacy system is in place so RP'ers can negogitiate treaties, pacts declare war, ententes and what not. At the start, no Global Government Organization is in place but the RP'ers can create one through negogiations. As for propaganda, you control your nation and its inhabitants, so you can create propaganda, and the GM squad will throw Disasters (Manmade or Natural) at various nations, causing the RP'ers to react to them.

Map:

I have already completed the map, and
Hexographer
is what I'm using.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
This morning I just hatched a good idea for a future roleplay. It's gonna involve zombies and Pokemon. :D I just need a few days to work on this plot and maybe I'll share a few details with you all? :D

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
This morning I just hatched a good idea for a future roleplay. It's gonna involve zombies and Pokemon. :D I just need a few days to work on this plot and maybe I'll share a few details with you all? :D
I'm interested, but my kinemortaphobia (prone to relapse) prevents me from joining...though if it's good enough, I might just join, regardless.

-Grayscale-

яιѕєη ƒяσм тнє ๔єα๔...
Years
I've seen a lot of zombie-pokemon roleplays like these before... I hope you have something out of the ordinary to spice things up. Not that it doesn't sound cool, but I've seen a lot of those zombie RPs fade pretty quickly.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I did my research. The RPs that I've seen have Pokemon as characters. In this RP I'm going to make, I have plans to include trainers and human zombies. It's...probably going to have an M rating or close to PG-15 since there's a bit of violence involved. Too early to say though. I'll work on it when I have the chance sometime later~

Ice.

Ice.
Years
Sounds like you've got everything ready :3 Guess we'll have to find out when you launch the roleplay!

Thanks for answering (:

Expect it to come out in early June, due to that June starts tomorrow, and then it can compete for awards. Not saying "Oh, Imma win one fo' sho'," but I'd like to at least compete. (That's a bad word for it, but what can you do) Everything is pretty much wrapped up, just gonna put the icing on the cake.

Frazzevous

Impulsive lil' kitty
Years
I did my research. The RPs that I've seen have Pokemon as characters. In this RP I'm going to make, I have plans to include trainers and human zombies. It's...probably going to have an M rating or close to PG-15 since there's a bit of violence involved. Too early to say though. I'll work on it when I have the chance sometime later~

1). This seems interesting. I may join but not making promises. My summer is nearing its end. -.-

2). Mind if I share an idea? :)
Spoiler:

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
|Equinox| - I'm not going to lie: I've imagined a boxing ring with Pokemon standing behind the Humans as coaches and Humans on all-fours in the Pokemon stadium as I read the initial post :b

For anyone that cares, or is curious, my own RP got passed, too

SBURB Returns

I'm hoping that this one will break more ground than my last/first one did... ages ago... *sad* TT w TT

oh well, can't always make a winner, right?

|Equinox|

Going on a hiatus :'(
Years
|Equinox| - I'm not going to lie: I've imagined a boxing ring with Pokemon standing behind the Humans as coaches and Humans on all-fours in the Pokemon stadium as I read the initial post :b

For anyone that cares, or is curious, my own RP got passed, too

Hmm...boxing ring with Pokemon standing behind the Humans as coaches....Humans on all fours...

Sounds about right XD

Scarf Blade

Ok, what did I do now?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
Hitmonchan- "You can do it, Jack! You're a fighter-- a killer! I want you to aim high and guard low; we don't need to get dirty with this match. Your opponent's already psyched out and wanting to call it quits, Jack. Use that to your advantage and knock him out! You can do it! What do you say, Jack?"

Jack - "Jack! JAACK!!"

Hitmonchan - "That's my boy!!"

Haha... that little stunt makes me want to try your RP out; even if that's not exactly what happens XD

|Equinox|

Going on a hiatus :'(
Years
Aha! Well it IS going to happen! The plot clearly states that the humans are FORCED to cry out their names when being 'summoned' from the Violet new Human Pokeballs. Your dream would come true XD It's just so Ironic, and funny in a wrong, evil way. It's like we should laugh at their idiotic actions, but then we should be sorry for them as well. That's the magic of the Roleplay xD

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
1). This seems interesting. I may join but not making promises. My summer is nearing its end. -.-

2). Mind if I share an idea? :)
Spoiler:

Hmm, I actually like your idea! I'll keep that in mind and see if I can fit in the plot I'm working on. I really appreciate that! Thanks! :3 Sadly though your summer is ending...but you can always follow if you can. :3

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
Mystland: The Lost Guardian is finally up. Yes, I'm making you hunt down the thread in Roleplay Lounge instead of just linking to it from here because posting links on a 3DS is a pain XD You can post an SU if you want and I'll probably read it today or tomorrow but I'm waiting until I get back from Yellowstone on the 14th to actually accept or deny anyone.

Frazzevous

Impulsive lil' kitty
Years
Hmm, I actually like your idea! I'll keep that in mind and see if I can fit in the plot I'm working on. I really appreciate that! Thanks! :3 Sadly though your summer is ending...but you can always follow if you can. :3

Thanks; I was actually worried that I didn't make sense or wasn't able to word it out properly. xD Anyway, glad you liked my idea. Yes, but I'll see what I can do. :)

And within a blink of an eye, loads of RPs appeared. :o Lots of good ones, for that matter. Hope all of them become a success. :3

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Sacred Fire, Divine Water!

Yes, my Roleplay is finally out. It seems like all of the Legendary spots might already be reserved, but that doesn't mean you can't sign up for some spots on either family!

Just click the box. I know that a lot of people seem to think I'm "incapable of being a good GM" or "Unable to make a good RP", but I feel this might prove them wrong. Besides, would it really hurt to look?

I feel you may be surprised.

_

That being said, I don't like to gloat. I do feel a bit proud of myself though, which is rare for me.

So check it out!

for him.

I'm trash.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 6, 2023

Yes, my Roleplay is finally out. It seems like all of the Legendary spots might already be reserved, but that doesn't mean you can't sign up for some spots on either family!

Just click the box. I know that a lot of people seem to think I'm "incapable of being a good GM" or "Unable to make a good RP", but I feel this might prove them wrong. Besides, would it really hurt to look?

I feel you may be surprised.

_

That being said, I don't like to gloat. I do feel a bit proud of myself though, which is rare for me.

So check it out!

I like the RP. I would write a SU for it, but I don't have a character in mind for this one. D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back