• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle Server Support

Poki

Banned
Years
Okay, this is one of the most stupid reasons to get me locked.

Jin, you must be doing your job pretty well, locking me without doing any research whatsoever:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I have taken screenshots of the chatroom, and I'll tell you why Jin is wrong:

1. There is no such thing as фгт in Cyrillic. Trust me, I'm Bulgarian.
2. As Meaty Biscuit said, фагот has a completely different meaning. Also, there's a musical instrument with that name.

Jin, do yourself a favor, and get yourself educated (when needed) before locking people.

I'll just quote my post from the server staff forums.
Now, since you obviously lack any knowledge in Bulgarian language, I am going to show you a couple of pics to clear a few things up:

Spoiler:

- Let's take a look at the first result. It's a Wikipedia article in Bulgarian, which is about the musical instrument mentioned earlier. How offensive of me. :) Link for proof:
http://bg.wikipedia.org/wiki/Фагот
If you think that I'm lying, feel free to translate it w/Google Translator, since you're so good at that.

Spoiler:

- Again, the instrument, but this time I searched it in Google Images.

Jin, please - educate yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
I don't know if he knows (and I honestly don't care), but this particular word has a lot of other meanings. And thanks to the Internet-inspired ''language'', more have been added. :)
So? My point still stands: ♥♥♥♥♥♥ is a common derogatory term to refer to a gay man. Many people find it disrespectful. It's taboo to use the word in public, at least in the USA. Not to mention it's a swear word. We prefer to keep profanity to a minimum. As it stands, you haven't been doing that.

Re: foreign languages: "фагот" and "фгтс" translates to "fagot" and "fgts" in Google Translate. While they may not actually mean anything, I find that it hard to believe that it's just coincidence. Using other languages to purposely bypass the rules is not helping your case at all.

Poki

Banned
Years
So? My point still stands: ♥♥♥♥♥♥ is a common derogatory term to refer to a gay man. Many people find it disrespectful. It's taboo to use the word in public, at least in the USA. Not to mention it's a swear word. We prefer to keep profanity to a minimum. As it stands, you haven't been doing that.

Re: foreign languages: "фагот" and "фгтс" translates to "fagot" and "fgts" in Google Translate. While they may not actually mean anything, I find that it hard to believe that it's just coincidence. Using other languages to purposely bypass the rules is not helping your case at all.

Never said it was a coincidence. ;)

Of course it would. That's what it's called, and Google Translate will translate the letters to their English meaning.

But then again, I never actually said that terrible, offensive word. So, tell me, why am I still locked?

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Now, since you obviously lack any knowledge in Bulgarian language, I am going to show you a couple of pics to clear a few things up:

Spoiler:

- Let's take a look at the first result. It's a Wikipedia article in Bulgarian, which is about the musical instrument mentioned earlier. How offensive of me. :) Link for proof:
http://bg.wikipedia.org/wiki/Фагот
If you think that I'm lying, feel free to translate it w/Google Translator, since you're so good at that.

Spoiler:

- Again, the instrument, but this time I searched it in Google Images.

Jin, please - educate yourself.

54RnIkB.png

In the first instance (encircled in red) you sent a word that translates to "bassoon." However, that is not the only Cyrillic text in question. The one circled in purple translates to "fgts." This particular lock by Jin is justified already--and quite frankly I would recommend that this time it stays. Don't be a smartass, please.

Poki

Banned
Years
54RnIkB.png

In the first instance (encircled in red) you sent a word that translates to "bassoon." However, that is not the only Cyrillic text in question. The one circled in purple translates to "fgts." This particular lock by Jin is justified already--and quite frankly I would recommend that this time it stays. Don't be a smartass, please.

I am very well aware of that; however, I never actually said it.

He was quite specific about which word I shouldn't say. And I didn't.

This is the Internet, Anne Frankly, if you guys get offended so easily, you shouldn't be here.

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
I think the people who have been punished for using the word are just being stupid now, You clearly know what you're doing is wrong even though you've been told to stop it and regardless of what language you use to express the word we still all know that you're doing it and meaning it in a way to annoy the mods. Why don't you just accept what has happened and move on? Does it really hurt you that much that you can't say one word on the main chat anymore? Just use it in a PM.

I request that wolf or another BCHS just say "It's finished, let us not continue to spam the forums with useless posts anymore". Because in the end it is finished with, it doesn't matter how much you protest about it being "unfair" or "abuse" you've been told by Wolf himself to stop using the word and just be cleaner in the main chat so why is that hard not to follow what he said.

I think we can all see what is going to happen if you guys continue to fight and be disrespectful to the staff about the matter.

Years
Some of us just want to have a good time. I don't know what "a real conversation" is, but I sure hope it's more than asking for battle tips and other technical issues. I do hope that it involves things like asking each other about our lives and our going-ons, and I do hope that it involves social things like jokes and inside jokes and yes, even poop and sexual humour. I don't know about the rest you, but I rarely tell people to stop talking about something even if it's boring or offensive - and if I do I'm not ordering people around. Nobody likes that. I don't have many expectations of people, but one thing that does tick me off is having someone breathe down your neck all the time because, I don't know, you're not good or proper enough for them.

Don't tell people who does or doesn't belong somewhere.

I like the battle server because it's somewhere I can be wild. Yes, some of us do want to be wild. Give us rules, but we'll be wild within the rules.

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
Some of us just want to have a good time. I don't know what "a real conversation" is, but I sure hope it's more than asking for battle tips and other technical issues. I do hope that it involves things like asking each other about our lives and our going-ons, and I do hope that it involves social things like jokes and inside jokes and yes, even poop and sexual humour. I don't know about the rest you, but I rarely tell people to stop talking about something even if it's boring or offensive - and if I do I'm not ordering people around. Nobody likes that. I don't have many expectations of people, but one thing that does tick me off is having someone breathe down your neck all the time because, I don't know, you're not good or proper enough for them.

Don't tell people who does or doesn't belong somewhere.

I like the battle server because it's somewhere I can be wild. Yes, some of us do want to be wild. Give us rules, but we'll be wild within the rules.

You do have rules and yet some people still decide to break them and as for a real conversation I do agree that this battle server in particular is about much more than battling and talking technical it's about being nice and asking each about our goings on sort of like a family but there are still those who use disrespectful and inappropriate language towards other members, there is nothing wrong with having a joke and maybe the little dirty/cheeky comment here and there because we all do it but when it's on a regular basis and people have expressed there opinions for it to be stopped because it is making them uncomfortable or in a position of leaving the server then it's better to have it stopped, the people who're using the sexual language don't live on it they can survive by not using it so why is it so hard for them to accept the fact they've been told to stop it yet continue to do it, maybe to annoy mods? or make other members uncomfortable? I don't know but either way I feel people just need to accept what they've been told by the staff and move on.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Dang, we're still on about this? Why don't we just move on? We have rules for a reason, stop trying to be exclusive for yourself. That 6 letter word everyone has been sprouting about is no different than any of the racial words in my book, & that's why people use it willingly because its something you really shouldn't be saying. Off the record, I know some people who don't take offense to a certain racial word, but their family does. Just because every person you know doesn't take offense to the word, doesn't mean the whole world will follow their perspective. People do get uncomfortable with the 6 letter word, no matter if it means something else.

It is our duty to ensure that the server is a safe & fun place for everyone, not just a selective few. This isn't a sex or "the four letter p word" site, it's a Pokemon site for goodness sake. The sexual reference has got to stop. I have an idea, you could just go find one yourself & take all of that sexual reference there. That way, you can get in less trouble here & won't have to worry about anything. If you're enjoying yourselves with one another person, 'specially this being toward Azelf & Poki, you two can say the 6 letter word abbreviated to the "3 shorten letter word" via PM all you want. If that makes you feel better. Otherwise, these arguments that are taking place these past couple of days aren't going to get you anywhere. Time to grow up.

Years
You do have rules and yet some people still decide to break them and as for a real conversation I do agree that this battle server in particular is about much more than battling and talking technical it's about being nice and asking each about our goings on sort of like a family but there are still those who use disrespectful and inappropriate language towards other members, there is nothing wrong with having a joke and maybe the little dirty/cheeky comment here and there because we all do it but when it's on a regular basis and people have expressed there opinions for it to be stopped because it is making them uncomfortable or in a position of leaving the server then it's better to have it stopped, the people who're using the sexual language don't live on it they can survive by not using it so why is it so hard for them to accept the fact they've been told to stop it yet continue to do it, maybe to annoy mods? or make other members uncomfortable? I don't know but either way I feel people just need to accept what they've been told by the staff and move on.

How would you feel if I told you that you just need to accept the fact that some of us don't like your attitude and how you're always butting in telling people what they should and shouldn't say and just move on?

And as for sexual language, no we're not talking about washing the underside of [insert "sexual" body part here] nor are we talking about what Jane did to me (or what I did to Jane for that matter) behind corner. I think the whole policing thing's gone a bit too far when people complain about "that's what she said". Because that's been going on in social circles since grade school. And, yes, people have complained about that in the chat. I really think that the sexual references and humour aren't that bad most of the time. But if we become fixated on rules, over time we'll only become oversensitized. We try to pick apart everything that seems like it could be a grey zone and once we point it out we say AHA it's against the rules and cast it into hellfire. But it doesn't take more than a few brain cells to realize that the raison d'etre of these jokes is in the very fact that they do straddle the grey area. So yes, if you look into it you'll always find a sexual connection, and given the attitude that's been around on the server lately, you're going to assume the worst and vilify it. In hindsight, was it ever that bad? Is the fact that it /can/ be interpreted as sexual make it unacceptable?

And I'm not going to be naive and pretend that the uptick in raunchiness is in no part explained by spite against those so intent on policing it. I think everybody is annoyed. Nobody likes to be shamed by being called a little kid, or being told they need to grow up, or just move on, just as some people are annoyed by how people act in a certain way. I'll just end this post by saying that you don't need to break the rules to make people feel uncomfortable.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Why would I get locked, though? I'd understand if I did anything wrong, but I didn't. This is basically Jin being a dick to me.
You were locked for spelling out variations of ♥♥♥♥♥♥ in a different language after receiving numerous warnings to keep the usage of the word to a minimum.

Anyway, the staff has agreed to unlock you after 24 hours have passed. Please note that repeated offenses will result in locks with extended durations. In the future, read the first post:

[a id]rules[/a id]Rules
The rules are up to a staff member's interpretation. If you disagree with how a battle server staff member has enforced these rules or abused their power in any way, contact one of the battle server senior staff via private message. However, please talk with the staff member in question first if this is a personal issue.

Poki

Banned
Years
How does that make sense, though? I never said/did anything offensive.

Anyway, I'm done here. See y'all on the server in 24h. <3

How would you feel if I told you that you just need to accept the fact that some of us don't like your attitude and how you're always butting in telling people what they should and shouldn't say and just move on?

And as for sexual language, no we're not talking about washing the underside of [insert "sexual" body part here] nor are we talking about what Jane did to me (or what I did to Jane for that matter) behind corner. I think the whole policing thing's gone a bit too far when people complain about "that's what she said". Because that's been going on in social circles since grade school. And, yes, people have complained about that in the chat. I really think that the sexual references and humour aren't that bad most of the time. But if we become fixated on rules, over time we'll only become oversensitized. We try to pick apart everything that seems like it could be a grey zone and once we point it out we say AHA it's against the rules and cast it into hellfire. But it doesn't take more than a few brain cells to realize that the raison d'etre of these jokes is in the very fact that they do straddle the grey area. So yes, if you look into it you'll always find a sexual connection, and given the attitude that's been around on the server lately, you're going to assume the worst and vilify it. In hindsight, was it ever that bad? Is the fact that it /can/ be interpreted as sexual make it unacceptable?

And I'm not going to be naive and pretend that the uptick in raunchiness is in no part explained by spite against those so intent on policing it. I think everybody is annoyed. Nobody likes to be shamed by being called a little kid, or being told they need to grow up, or just move on, just as some people are annoyed by how people act in a certain way. I'll just end this post by saying that you don't need to break the rules to make people feel uncomfortable.

Oh, and I'd like to say something about the text in bold. I can't help but agree, because Adam keeps telling us what to say/do, and honestly, it's pretty annoying. It's none of his business what we discuss, nor he is a mod.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
Also did people not regard my post?

> implying ♥♥♥♥♥♥ is a slur

1. It means cigarette smoker.
2. It also means a type of meat based food see:
♥♥♥♥♥♥s.jpg

Its me saying "Oh my shoes are black" and getting banned for me being racist really. :/

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Heh. Right. First of all, the bottom line is; if it doesn't fly on PC, it doesn't fly on the server. Albeit we promote a more relaxed atmosphere on the server, but the case is that some people are just taking advantage of that. Look guys, most of you on the server know me well enough, I'm not a hardass, never want to be. So hopefully you can respect some of what I'm about to say, as I do want to be approachable as possible, and get to the bottom of any issue.

I know that the word being discussed is mostly "culture dependant", and that there are plenty of arguments to suggest that the word should be allowed to be used. I get that, I really do. And honestly? It's used completely harmlessly, and I know that! Buuuut, on the other side of the coin is, that we actually need to cater to all users. I know that some of you feel that it's not an offensive word, but to many, many people it is. It's a slur, and it's one that people use to insult a person's sexuality quite commonly. There have been convicted criminals in all countries in the word for using it as a form of harassment toward to the LGBT community. So given that, we take precautionary methods to provide a service that appeals to all people, of all sexualities.

Again, I completely understand that the word isn't always something that people use to insult others. However, it's the context that matters mostly. It's most unlikely that the word is going to be used to refer to a cigarette, and if it is? Then I'm fine with it. "I'm going out for a fag now", or "I love to smoke fags". That kind of thing is contextual. However, in the sense that it is being used quite commonly is as a noun, or a random word. When you use such a word out of context, or as a noun, it becomes insulting. Perhaps not directly insulting towards a person within the battle server at the time, however it may be insulting a group of people (such as the LGBT community) that a person within the community may be a part of.

It is the duty of the Battle Server Staff (whether part of the Moderation/Admin team or not), to uphold a peaceful and inviting environment for all people, no matter what creed, belief, sexuality, gender, and so on. It is not our duty to argue the ethics of a word that is commonly used as a slur, in Britain, it's used as slang for a cigarette, in America, it's used to insult people. If you're not using it to describe a cigarette while talking in the server, then it's better off not said as people get upset about it. Whether or not you believe they should does not come into the equation, it's not anyone's right to say what others should get upset about.

I want this discussion to end, not because I'm trying to be unfair or disallow people from posing their argument as to why this word should be allowed on the server, or that such banner should not be a "mutable offence", but simply because this sort of behaviour is making people uncomfortable. And that's all I care about. It breaks rules, and it makes users feel at unease on the server. The staff have every right to inherit their ability to mute users if they use such slurs in an inappropriate way.

We honestly try to provide you guys with a relaxed atmosphere, believe me, we try so hard. At the same time, we need to also ensure that people feel safe and comfortable on the server, regardless of their culture. We can't cover all angles, but please accept that sometimes there will be occasions whereby we need to clamp down on behaviour that makes people feel uncomfortable. We're dealing with members who are minors, under the age of 18, and down as far as the ages of 10 and sometimes younger. Trying to balance that with adults is difficult, a bit more empathy on both accounts is required here. So hopefully those who feel the staff are being strict, can try and work with them toward a compromise. But honestly? The word "faggot" is derogatory. It's banned on PC, and we don't like it being used on the server. It berates people completely needlessly. An image from a brand that has been using that word since 1925 to describe their product does not change my stance on that.

Nakala Pri

I reckon if we can refrain from being insulting, we should. Whether it's for a laugh or not, you don't want to be the one which tips someone over the edge. I agree with Stranger, refrain from that even if it does mean a cigarette or pork, because that's just for some places. I hope that we can all mature in that department because when I see people picking on some innocent person because of their skin colour or sexuality, I want to be sick. I heartily reckon that is PATHETIC and I'd like to see that the battle server does become a community where one can go after a hard day's work, talk to their friends, engage in a battle without harassment.

I know I've been accused of harassment and so on and I'm kinda regretting it now, because it kinda turned my life upside down and someone got involved who really had no right and now I'm in a tough position and I'd like to say that it isn't worth it.

(And being racist is SO last century, so can the human race just like, cool it?)

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
Right ive had enough of this. Certain people are going to get reported for power abuse i have enough logs of said person(s) anyway. Ive just been threatened with a 6 month mute for voicing my opinion on things lmao! Even more hilariously it came from a person who has been fired from the forum staff in the past, gee i wonder why. And you wonder why im not the only one who has complained. ;) #thetruthhurtsdoesntit

edit: Oh and the mute will turn into a ban if i oppose the mute. You cant even write this stuff. It just gets better. :')

Last edited:

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
The Battle Server is not (or if you'd insist, no longer) a place to discuss inappropriate content. You have had more than several warnings to cut it out yet you fail to do so. I don't know whether you actually realize this or not, but you don't run this place anymore. I'm aware of the various shenanigans, name callings, and insults that you used to throw each other in the previous incarnations of the battle server--but that was when it was not recognized as an official part of the PokeCommunity forums. Back then, the battle server was practically a private server whose regulars are so used to berating each other that there is no fine line between what is appropriate and what is not. Stop trying to bring that back--that is not what the Battle Server aims to uphold.

If you're going to report someone of power abuse because of doing their job then go ahead.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
Re: The Elf Effect: By considering only the context given here, I agree with him that his mute was unwarranted. That is due to the following reasons: a) he didn't participate in the discussion of incest, b) twerking does not have anything to do with sex, c) sending one message of "B====D" is not excessive (by that logic, saying "boobs" once is against the rules, which is silly).

Ill just leave this here. Several occasions this has happened. Totally couldn't happen again right? But of course, "they are just doing their job" even if it is unwarranted!

Also Harry aka Razor Leaf has had to warn/talk to one another one of the so called mods about this sort of thing in the past too. Dont worry ive also brought this up for attention too in my report. :)

Back