• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Thieves of the Night] Dark-Type Club ☻

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virgilin

Salmon Fishing in Vulcan
Years
Yay Dark-Types! I would love to join!

Username: Virgilin
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: They awesome! Most of them are great attackers, just the way I love!
Your partners: (Up to two) Weavile
What Types rule: DARK-TYPES DO!
Answer the current topic: I think that they might make a Fairy/Dark Pokemon. It would be a bit like all the Ghost/Dark type Pokemon out there. I would also love to see another evolution for Liepard. It has so place for improvement through evolutıon and I hope to see that happen in a later Gen at least!

Years
Hmm, a Fairy/Dark or Dark/Fairy Pokemon? Sounds awesome if they do it right! I think it's a definite possibility for one to be made. I think it's would most likely have a sweet but deadly look to it. Kind of like a dark pixie or something like that. I'm not sure if they'll change any existing dark types, though. It's probable, but who knows. The creators are really surprising me this time.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Username: CloysterOyster
What do I think of Dark-types: Very mischievous and full of ill intent but still awesome
Partners: Umbreon and Houndoom
What types rule: Dark of course, and throw some Ice in with that and you have a Sneasal and/or Weavile
Current topic answer: There might be but that'd be something like a fallen angel. I think all Dark types are fine as they are and don't need to evolve if they have no evolution.

ProjectMisfit

The fear of an inconceivable ending.
Years
My apologies, I didn't see the post because I've been busy the past few days. I automatically assumed that Gengar is a dark type. xD My partner is Zorua then.

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
Speaking of the new fairy type, do you think that Dark could have an advantage over the weak and frail Fairies? I somehow think so because of the Dark type's supposed brutallity. Dark types need a boost to be encouraged to use more.

Esoj

Ekruum Fortrez
Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Jul 9, 2015
Wow, this is like feeling in home. I definitely would love to join.

Username: Esoj

What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon?: Dark type pokemon are very wide in their origins. They are not just pokes with the same type, they have specific characteristics or behaviors that makes them Dark types. That is the special of Dark, not everyone are the same.

Your partners: My reliable companion of years, Absol (Adagio)

What Types rule: Dark type of course. There is no type with the same magic.

Answer the current topic: Would be nice to have a Fairy/Dark pokemon. The only condition is that it needs to be without so many weakness. If Fairy can absorb Fighting or Bug attacks and don't have more than one potential weakness, Dark type will always provide the Psychic resistance, so can be very interesting having resistance combinations. At first glance, Zorua makes me feel that can be retyped. Again, if the Fairy type help the Dark, it is more than welcome.

Last edited:

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
Years
Hello, I'm still relatiely new to the Pokecommunity but, I absolutly LOVE the Dark type! They are all I use and I would be very interested in joining if that is acceptable.

Username: Austin1395
What do I think of Dark-type Pokemon: Dark type Pokemon are the most mysterious and majestic. As you probably know, in Japan the Dark-type more specificaly means evil. Even so, these Pokemon in particular, even though they still have their weaknesses, are the most powerful and appealing. Look at a Salamence and it's like every other typical Dragon nothing too special, look at a Hydreigon and it's a 3-headed Dark powerhouse. Simply put, Dark types are apex of Pokemon and deserve more apppreciation.
My partners: If I may only choose 2, then I suppose I'd choose Zoroark and Absol.
What Types Rule: Until the introduction of the Fairy type, it was Dragon, since it had so little weaknesses, but now, Dark truly is at the top of the chain and will dominate all. No others can compete.

As per the current topic, there is going to be a Dark/Fairy Pokemon, will we get in X and Y, possibly not. But, it is inevitable. And depending on whether or not what their basis of fairies is based off of, it could look amazing. But, that depends on whether or not they base Fairy types off of the old lore and tales, the really menacing and deviant fairies, or if it is based off of things like children fairies. Either way, it will be a nice addition, the basis of the Fairy type will simply determine if it a nice addition to your team or if it just something cute to look at and have around. Zorua/Zoroark seem like the only existing Dark-types that would even be considered in the running for a retyping and even that is a stretch. I think all in all, the Dark Pokemon we know and love are safe from retyping. No existing Dark Pokemon really are in need of an evolution, they're all good where they're at. If anything, I'd say give Absol a pre-evolution simply because it'd be kind of cute, but, it isn't necessary.

Last edited:
Years
What on earth is this new fairy type? Sorry, I've been living under a rock. ;___; Tinkerbell Pokemon or something?
Unrelated but I guess Clefairy qualifies? :p
On topic however, I'm guessing Fairy and Dark type won't go well. Just like Fire and Water together. I really hope there isn't one of those. Living under a rock, remember? :(

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I have lots of catching up to do.Sorry.

Yay Dark-Types! I would love to join!

Username: Virgilin
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: They awesome! Most of them are great attackers, just the way I love!
Your partners: (Up to two) Weavile
What Types rule: DARK-TYPES DO!
Answer the current topic: I think that they might make a Fairy/Dark Pokemon. It would be a bit like all the Ghost/Dark type Pokemon out there. I would also love to see another evolution for Liepard. It has so place for improvement through evolutıon and I hope to see that happen in a later Gen at least!

Username: CloysterOyster
What do I think of Dark-types: Very mischievous and full of ill intent but still awesome
Partners: Umbreon and Houndoom
What types rule: Dark of course, and throw some Ice in with that and you have a Sneasal and/or Weavile
Current topic answer: There might be but that'd be something like a fallen angel. I think all Dark types are fine as they are and don't need to evolve if they have no evolution.

My apologies, I didn't see the post because I've been busy the past few days. I automatically assumed that Gengar is a dark type. xD My partner is Zorua then.

It's fine, I will add you to the list now. :3

Wow, this is like feeling in home. I definitely would love to join.

Username: Esoj

What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon?: Dark type pokemon are very wide in their origins. They are not just pokes with the same type, they have specific characteristics or behaviors that makes them Dark types. That is the special of Dark, not everyone are the same.

Your partners: My reliable companion of years, Absol (Adagio)

What Types rule: Dark type of course. There is no type with the same magic.

Answer the current topic: Would be nice to have a Fairy/Dark pokemon. The only condition is that it needs to be without so many weakness. If Fairy can absorb Fighting or Bug attacks and don't have more than one potential weakness, Dark type will always provide the Psychic resistance, so can be very interesting having resistance combinations. At first glance, Zorua makes me feel that can be retyped. Again, if the Fairy type help the Dark, it is more than welcome.

Hello, I'm still relatiely new to the Pokecommunity but, I absolutly LOVE the Dark type! They are all I use and I would be very interested in joining if that is acceptable.

Username: Austin1395
What do I think of Dark-type Pokemon: Dark type Pokemon are the most mysterious and majestic. As you probably know, in Japan the Dark-type more specificaly means evil. Even so, these Pokemon in particular, even though they still have their weaknesses, are the most powerful and appealing. Look at a Salamence and it's like every other typical Dragon nothing too special, look at a Hydreigon and it's a 3-headed Dark powerhouse. Simply put, Dark types are apex of Pokemon and deserve more apppreciation.
My partners: If I may only choose 2, then I suppose I'd choose Zoroark and Absol.
What Types Rule: Until the introduction of the Fairy type, it was Dragon, since it had so little weaknesses, but now, Dark truly is at the top of the chain and will dominate all. No others can compete.

As per the current topic, there is going to be a Dark/Fairy Pokemon, will we get in X and Y, possibly not. But, it is inevitable. And depending on whether or not what their basis of fairies is based off of, it could look amazing. But, that depends on whether or not they base Fairy types off of the old lore and tales, the really menacing and deviant fairies, or if it is based off of things like children fairies. Either way, it will be a nice addition, the basis of the Fairy type will simply determine if it a nice addition to your team or if it just something cute to look at and have around. Zorua/Zoroark seem like the only existing Dark-types that would even be considered in the running for a retyping and even that is a stretch. I think all in all, the Dark Pokemon we know and love are safe from retyping. No existing Dark Pokemon really are in need of an evolution, they're all good where they're at. If anything, I'd say give Absol a pre-evolution simply because it'd be kind of cute, but, it isn't necessary.
Welcome to the club everyone! I'll be adding you all now.
What on earth is this new fairy type? Sorry, I've been living under a rock. ;___; Tinkerbell Pokemon or something?
Unrelated but I guess Clefairy qualifies? :p
On topic however, I'm guessing Fairy and Dark type won't go well. Just like Fire and Water together. I really hope there isn't one of those. Living under a rock, remember? :(

It's a new type introduced for X and Y. Sylveon, the new Eeveelution is a Fairy type and Jigglypuff, Marill ,and Gardevoir have been retyped Normal/Fairy, Water/Fairy, and Psychic/Fairy respectively. Clefairy being retyped makes since but it has yet to be announced to be retyped.

As for the topic:
I think it's possible for a Dark/Fairy or Fairy/Dark Pokemon to be introduced in Gen VI. I don't see Fairies as being girly, that's just normally the stereotype portrayed in modern times. There are some really evil and nasty fairies and I hope we get one really cool looking one. According to rumors, Fairy is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, and Fire and Psychic-type Pokemon take half damage from it. So if that's true I guess a Fairy/Dark would only have a better advantage to Fighting types? But it Dark/Fairy wouldn't do much to help Dark types, but I just want a cooler more eviler looking Fairy type so it can prove to people that not all fairies are girly and weak.

edit: As for existing Dark types being retyped, I really can't see any of them being retyped. I don't think any of them look enough like a fairy to be retyped, even the really mean and nasty ones.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
To answer the current topic, probably, yes. Fairies aren't always portrayed as girly creatures who flutter around, sprinkling dust and happiness as some users have already said. There are unbelievable nasty fairies that can be menacing and cunning as well- so some sort of soulless and cruel fairy-looking Pokemon would be quite cool. As for seeing a Pokemon retyped into Dark/Fairy, skimming through the list of dark-types it's quite unlikely. None of them really fit the appearance in my opinion.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Fairy/Dark would be... interesting, to say the least! Thing is though, I see Fairy types as being like "good" or "pure" or "heroes", and the dark types are the "bad" or "evil" or "villains"? So the only way I can see a Dark/Fairy type happening is given the idea of a "dark crusader", a renegade hero either turned from good to evil from the woes of his life, or perhaps he's just a self-motivated opportunist with a flare of a conscience, but whatever it turns out to be it isn't a typing I have low expectations for haha.

Have you guys heard about the potential new Dark/Psychic type? To me it's just... confusing. :p

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Thanks for adding me in. I had an Umbreon in Crystal version that was quite powerful despite the lack of Dark type moves in Generation II. My brother had a Houndoom on Gold that was level 100 and very powerful until someone stole our Gold version.

When I got back into Pokémon a few years ago, I tried picking up where I left off and studied the Hoenn region Pokémon. I found that a Dark/Ghost one named Sableye existed and I got to thinking, "Dark/Ghost? That means it's almost untouchable with that combination". Although I don't have any of the games past G/S/C, learning about the Pokémon past 251 has filled my free time and is quite exciting.

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
Years
Thanks for adding me in!

Also, unrelated to the current topic but, it's something I wanted to say. I'm waiting so desperately for GF to reveal a Dark-Type from X and Y, I really want to see what my favorite type is getting this go around. We usually get at least 5 Dark-Types per Generation so I'm hoping that this continues, that or more than 5. I'm still hoping for that Dark/Electric type and I also want to see Dark/Psychic, that way we get a Dark type that can counter Fighting types better. And Dark/Fairy will be interesting to see, whenever we get it.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Have you guys heard about the potential new Dark/Psychic type? To me it's just... confusing. :p

I haven't been keeping up with the news, although I have to say it kind of sounds ridiculous. It's like putting Fire and Water together, it just.. doesn't work in a sense. Dark and Psychic are complete opposites to be honest, but they have made a Fire/Bug type before so I guess it could happen. Although personally I just don't think it'd work- throwing two opposite types together doesn't always end well. Then again there's that marvellous thing called Lanturn. But in my opinion Dark/Psychic is a cool typing but I really dunno if it would work.

Years

I heard those rumors, and it'd look like a pretty interesting type combination I have to say. The 4x Bug weakness does suck though, but I do hope they try and pull off a Pokemon of this type, cos I can't wait to see what potential this typing would have, but it would be one of those Dark-types that isn't weak to Fighting, but can also counter them. Like what Narnia said, I wasn't expecting them to pull off a Bug/Fire-type, and then of course 5th Gen gave us Volcarona. I'd like to see more of those "opposites" being made into type combinations and since there's still a few types Dark hasn't been paired with yet I do hope they can show off some cool ones in X & Y.

Dark/Electric is one I'm hoping for, or maybe even a Dark/Bug-type. Can't wait to see what designs they'll make from that.

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
Years
I've said it many times now and I'll say it again, I've been wanting Dark/Electric and Dark/Psychic since Gen. 2, and Dark/Bug would be a cool typing to have as well. Opposites can work well together, like everyone said, Volcorano showed us that.

A thought also occured to me recently, about something that I've argued before. I thought about two Pokemon that could use a re-typing but, they aren't Dark-type Pokemon. Which is exactly the problem. Seviper and Gliscor. They both look like they should be Dark-types. The color scheme, the attitude, all of it. They need re-typings. Seviper is only Poison so it's not like it'd be that bad. Gliscor could always lose one of his types for Dark, losing Ground wouldn't hurt so much. Just a thought I had.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
A thought also occured to me recently, about something that I've argued before. I thought about two Pokemon that could use a re-typing but, they aren't Dark-type Pokemon. Which is exactly the problem. Seviper and Gliscor. They both look like they should be Dark-types. The color scheme, the attitude, all of it. They need re-typings. Seviper is only Poison so it's not like it'd be that bad. Gliscor could always lose one of his types for Dark, losing Ground wouldn't hurt so much. Just a thought I had.

Seviper I 100% agree with; I was immensely surprised when he wasn't listed as a Dark type. At first I figured he'd only be a Dark type rather than Poison, but then after catching one the disappointment rolled in! I don't really think Dark typing will help him considerably (bar the STAB on Crunch), but I think it'd be a great way to help quite a normal/boring Pokémon have a bite more bite to its character. As for Gliscor, I always figured he belonged as Ground/Poison (due to being a poisonous desert scorpion and all!), perhaps with the ability of Levitate, but Dark isn't what I'd think haha. Possibly from the Dracula point of view but otherwise I'm not sure!

Esoj

Ekruum Fortrez
Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Jul 9, 2015
Gliscor could be Dark having in mind the fact that it need the razor fang during the night in order to evolve. I would put it as Ground/Dark with Levitate if the flying scorpion concept is strong enough. Would be interesting to see a Dark/Electric or Bug/Dark type in this generation as they are pretty cool combinations.

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
Years
Well regarding Seviper, it is mostly aesthetics. It wouldn't help him all to much but it would get it much more recognition since, let's face it, nobody likes the Poison type enough, certainly not enough for a fan club or anything like that. But, throw Dark type on Seviper, and it becomes more interesting and Dark-type users like us, have another Pokemon to add to our arsenal yet for those handfull that do like Poison, they still hang on to it.

Gliscor is where it gets tricky. But, Esoj put it simpler. Replace Flying with Dark and throw on the Levitate ability and there you have it. That way it can still fly and Dark-type users get a new type combination and a new Pokemon for their team.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I say Seviper should be a Dark/Poison, rather than getting rid of its old typing. It's a poisonous snake from the looks of it and by logic, most snakes inject venom into their prey. Venom is basically poison so I can understand why they would type it as that. But it would be pretty cool to throw on a dark-typing since it'd help a few STAB attacks and also make it a much more interesting Pokemon and something that really stands out- rather than one of those poison-types hiding in the shadows.

As for Gliscor, I always thought it was a fusion of a scorpion and a bat to be completely honest :p. I'd like to see it as dark/flying personally, since I don't even know how Gliscors are supposed to roam the ground with their non-existent legs. Ground/Poison would be a bit iffy since it has those huge wings and to me, it's pretty much Dracula in bat form. Vampires in general belong to the category of supernatural creatures and most of them are quite evil in a sense or have this shady look to them which perfectly fits them as dark-tpes. Other than that, I definitely agree on these retypings. :>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back