• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokemon Reborn [Episode 19-- Final Release]

Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2013
This game is so amazing! I love the world and the characters, Cain especially. Was he actually based off anyone from the Reborn community? Just curious because the gym leaders are actual people, so...

Anyway, I started the mudkip sidequest in the wasteland, and I talked to the man in the building who said there is a secret tunnel in grotto. I've been looking in the grotto for hours, and I haven't found any secret tunnel that I'm assuming the mudkip will be in. I've checked the place where the ghastly was too. Help? ;A;

AmethystRain

pixie-powered judgment!
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
Cain was, like the other characters in the game, originally a leader as well, so yes. Because we had had multiple leaders of X type over the years I worked others into other places in the game, i.e Cain fit well as a rival type. So yeah, he was someone real~

Okay so as mentioned a couple pages back, I took a shot at making one of these support userbar things for you guys! I've updated the first post, but here, too:
Support!

Code:
[PLAIN][url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=289351][img]http://www.poke-place.com/userbar.png[/img][/url][/PLAIN]

If anyone else wants to make one and if I find it nice, I'll totally put it up too. c:

AmethystRain

pixie-powered judgment!
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
There's a pretty good chance of me increasing the level cap in that area in the future, but for now I have to play it low until I see where the levels reach in the later areas. This is a long game, and if people start getting to 100, then it's GG for me
I'm sorry you're finding it frustrating though. :c

I know someone has found a dawn stone...

Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2015
For the Dawn Stone look around at the objects after one of the Wasteland subquests, it's not in a Pokeball like regular items, it's a hidden item which makes it a little harder to find. It's kind of in plain sight once you get there. Just think- shiny, bright, color (not necessary the color of the stone itself though, just a bright color in general).

As for the one asking about the Mudkip sidequest, can you tell me how you started it?? I haven't seen any other character in the Wasteland besides the three back at Aya's house and the old man that tells you the history of the Wastland (nothing about Mudkipz). I luv them thingz!! x3

Years
This game is so amazing @o@ I really hope that it stays active. I know you wanted the games to be all inclusive, and X and Y are soon to be released.. but please don't let that stop progress. I'm so addicted and check back every day for updates @w@

AmethystRain

pixie-powered judgment!
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
Yeah, I don't have any intention of dropping it or anything.
I am hugely interested in including the 6th gen Pokemon, but that's going to be largely dependent on how sprites and such work out after the new games, and what kind of support Essentials gets for that when the time comes. Also, being that Reborn is a Pokemon site in itself, I may have to take some time off from the game in October to get our Pokedex up and running with the new gen. c:

As for checking everyday- glad to know I've got your attention ^^; but lemme save you some time. I'm looking at an early June release for the next episode. Thanks to term finals etc I won't and haven't been able to move forward as quickly as I would have liked.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2014
The hack looks pretty good!
I like it very much ^^
Im downloading the playable version :0
good luck!

Years
Yeah, I don't have any intention of dropping it or anything.
I am hugely interested in including the 6th gen Pokemon, but that's going to be largely dependent on how sprites and such work out after the new games, and what kind of support Essentials gets for that when the time comes. Also, being that Reborn is a Pokemon site in itself, I may have to take some time off from the game in October to get our Pokedex up and running with the new gen. c:

As for checking everyday- glad to know I've got your attention ^^; but lemme save you some time. I'm looking at an early June release for the next episode. Thanks to term finals etc I won't and haven't been able to move forward as quickly as I would have liked.

I've read quite a bit of your actual site, it's what got me so interested in the game in the first place. Including the 6th gen pokemon sounds like a whole lot of work, and will definitely make the game even more inclusive, just with GF dropping the static sprites it sounds difficult.. Not to mention I imagine flamboyant Cain will be attracted to any cutesie poison types that may pop up XD And possibly new gym leaders for any new types. I'm just glad you are so dedicated to the game and site, and wish you good luck! :D

Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2013
"Muuuuuud......kip!"
"Muuuuuud......kip!"

The little devil keeps teasing me but I can't find him...:(

Years
  • Seen Sep 6, 2013
I found a glitch. There's a child on the other side of Beryl Bridge who tells me I've defeated a Drifloon.

I haven't even seen a Drifloon.

I have caught a
Spoiler:
though.
I've defeated Corey, and saved in the Pokemon Centre just before the bridge, so can this be fixed before I continue? Not having found it worries me that it can't be found anymore.

...Are the graves names of people who left Reborn? "Sir Nasterisk Grasterisk" certainly doesn't sound like a real person's name. (If it is... oops, and apologies :/)

And one more thing- could I possibly have the notation for the Reborn City music? I'm something of an amateur musician, and I'd like to try making a remix of it for you.

Looking forward with great anticipation to episode eight!

AmethystRain

pixie-powered judgment!
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
I found a glitch. There's a child on the other side of Beryl Bridge who tells me I've defeated a Drifloon.

I haven't even seen a Drifloon.

I have caught a
Spoiler:
though.
I've defeated Corey, and saved in the Pokemon Centre just before the bridge, so can this be fixed before I continue? Not having found it worries me that it can't be found anymore.

...Are the graves names of people who left Reborn? "Sir Nasterisk Grasterisk" certainly doesn't sound like a real person's name. (If it is... oops, and apologies :/)

And one more thing- could I possibly have the notation for the Reborn City music? I'm something of an amateur musician, and I'd like to try making a remix of it for you.

Looking forward with great anticipation to episode eight!

Yeah, I've known about that glitch for a while, and fortunately I was just finally able to fix it like, two days ago, so that's set for the next episode. Thanks though.
As an addition to that, if anyone was jipped out of their Drifloon as a result of that glitch and feels particularly strongly about it, I'd be happy to reset it for you, just send me a PM with your save file.
((But let's wait until after the next episode for that so that the glitch doesn't reset too. >>))

The graves- are actually the IRL names of some of the more influential members of early-Reborn's development. That is our site community; it was a little shout out to to them. There are a couple exceptions, Nasterisk being one of them. That one is in reference to a user we had who went by the name N8theGr8, and one day someone held shift a bit too much and he turned into N*theGr* so ever since then I've called him Nasterisk instead of Nate.

If you have some music composition that can open Mp3's the City music will be in the Audio folder... Otherwise if you have Fruity Loops I can send you the .flp if you'd like. I probably won't be able to write it out myself since I really just play by ear... Regardless, I'm remixing it myself as well. That dull piano theme is just a base as I re-do the music ward by ward (although the melody did become the Opal Ward, so you can hear the full version there). Not sure if that helps though...

On an unrelated note, Kurapika- I finally activated your thing at the other place. We were really running behind on that; sorry.

Good luck Sentret-hunting! Maybe someone else knows? c:

Years
  • Seen Sep 6, 2013
I could probably play it by ear if I really worked at it, but a .flp would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

One thing I was thinking about a while ago- I have dialup for an internet connection, which is pretty useless. Needless to say, downloading new episodes has become rather difficult.

Could you have a download that contains just the new stuff rather than the whole thing for those who have the previous version?

And one more thing... Are there any other people from Reborn in Reborn?
...That is to say, is the entire population of Reborn City based upon members of your website, or is it just the gym leaders (and the graves)?

AmethystRain

pixie-powered judgment!
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
oh my god you still have dial up you poor thing... I- I didn't know people like you still--
...do... do you want a hug?

Let's see... The vast majority of the game's size is actually from all the music files. I suppose I could make a download that excludes them, or only includes new additions?

I'll send you a. flp when I get home.

Because we have a lot of members who wanted to be part of the game, understandably, I had to really restrict who I could put in. However, I did let people sign up to be trainers in the game. So, many of the casual NPC trainers you battle are based off of or created by the members (especially around Opal Bridge, though other places as well)

Years
  • Seen May 5, 2013
Erm... i beat the 3rd gym and I played all the way up to where i got rocksmash and i dont have the badge... where do i get it???

AmethystRain

pixie-powered judgment!
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
Oh, you'll get that badge from Shelly at some point, but you don't actually need Rock Smash to progress through the Stairway. If you haven't already rescued Victoria, keep looking!

Also, this was posted on my site, but I want people's opinions on it here, too:
Earlier in the week I mentioned that I was going to put Episodes 8/9 together (i.e two gyms in one release)
I'm kinda reconsidering that
In either case, the episode 9 content is going to be somewhat shorter than a typical episode, so I figured I'd just lump it all together
On the other hand as I'm working on this, I realise I kinda enjoyed releasing the Apophyll arc in two separate parts. It also allows me to be more flexible with fixing things between them.

Would you guys rather have a shorter episode sooner or a longer episode with a longer wait time?
(Note, as far as updating, I realised that the music alone is 80% of the download's bulk so I can release update packs that will reduce game download size when updating to >50 MB, so the huge downloads shouldn't be so much of a consideration)

Back