• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years

Haha oh Gosh, how could I forget that character! Ohhh that brings back memories.
xD
SERIOUSLY THOUGH. He was so tough in battle.
I've never beat him. ;-;

Anyway, on topic:

About the issue of including homosexuality in Pokémon, I'm really kind of bothered by the general lack of representation of gender/sexuality-non-conforming in cartoons, so I rather like the idea. Actually, I think I've heard talk of same-sex pairings in Pokémon that are oddly canon (according to the people who talk about them). Doesn't May have a friend that looks like a lesbian or something? :P

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I think the most that could be hoped for is once or twice they threw in some more double battles in the games with two males or two females. I think all they have right now is this.

Spr_BW_Hooligans.png

Years
I think it's as appropriate as any kind of relationship/sexuality topic would be in the games, or, in other words, not very appropriate. It's really not the focus of the games at all. (Or the anime from what I gather.)

That said, I wouldn't be opposed to it if it were included, but I'd hope it would be something done well and not some token inclusion.

Melody

Banned
Years
How would you feel if homosexuality were to be somehow included in Pokemon - be it in the games, the anime, the manga or any other format. Do you think it's appropriate for a franchise aimed at children?

It would be acceptable to present a happily married same-sex couple as someone they encounter along their journey in the Anime/Manga for sure, so long as they did it tastefully.

I don't think it would float as well in the game because of it's 'E' rating from the ESRB, and would definitely make E10+ in the US if they did that. No idea how much the homophobes would complain and cry about it, but there would be some 'baww'-ing from that general direction.

tl;dr: Anime/Manga is a good place to do it, just not the game...because younger children DO play the game and parents can be quite overprotective, especially if they're phobic.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years

That is awesome! And, I don't know if I have said this here before, but more good news (from a while ago, but still) is that the ELCA, or Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, voted about a year and a half ago I think, to allow openly gay people to become pastors. ^__^ It's had an impact on the church, but I certainly was happy about that!

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
Okay, so... I guess I just need advice/venting.

Anyway I have been feeling like crap the past couple of months because my ex, who I have lived with for 2 years, was cheating on me. So now I don't really trust anyone, and will not for a long time. So, there are few gay guys, none of which I am interested, that live in town. So...I just go to the internet for dating, might I mind you my two ex's had both been cheating on me and both I "met" online. Should I just wait until I am done with school to date, after I move to a larger city?

I guess I just really miss him, I don't know how else to put it. I did everything for him, and he just tossed me aside I guess. Like literally a week before he went down state and slept with this guy, and apparently fell in love with him, he grabbed me by the head and looked me dead in the eyes and said a bunch of bs, "I love you. How did I get so lucky? I want to let you know that I would never hurt you or leave you, you have changed my life so much." I just feel like, no one is to be trusted, I am starting to hate being gay, not because of the way strangers treat/perceive me, but rather, how every guy wants to be in an open relationship. I just do not know what else I can do right. I mean, I pay bills, go to school, I am cute (so I have been told time and again not to be vainglorious, lmao), I am honest, I do everything for the other person, and I always do as they ask. Apparently, he was only sexually attracted to me, that is all. then he smiled, and started had some little 15 year old next him (he is 23) and started to just have a blast. And yeah, I don't get it. I felt like my entire life was just completely destroyed at the time, and he was just so ecstatic. Okay, my ranting is over, it probably doesn't make sense. I just think that maybe I am becoming too obsessed with being interdependent on someone else. It all just makes me soo angry that he was using me and now he is having a blast hooking up with everyone, while I am devasted, and I don't know how to just get on with life. Btw...he did give me an engagement ring, but...who knows. (he pawned it)
Okay, for cereal, I am done, lol.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Wow, I'm so sorry Ty.

The advice I would give is that you should just take a break from dating. Honestly, at your age you are a little young to be expecting guys to want to be confined in a real relationship. The guys you've had are clearly not great and the fact that they were leading you on while seeing other guys is deplorable, but in the end you might just have to take a breather and make sure that you are happy within yourself before bringing somebody else into the mix.

If you think you're too obsessed with being in a relationship, then chances are that that's true. If you get into a relationship and it doesn't work out and you don't know how to be happy alone, then you really have nothing.

But again, I'm so sorry that you've had to go through that. Though it's important to realise that just because the guys in your experience have been that way, it doesn't mean everybody will be. You're far too young to be jaded.

Years
First gay minister? I'd rather that gay people wouldn't feel like they needed a church's acceptance, but in practical terms it's going to help those people who do need that acceptance because they care about religion so it's probably a good thing.

And ty, you should not be dating at the moment. It's not good to jump into a relationship right after having one end and it'll give you a chance to become more independent.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I agree with Scarf.. :c If it's too soon after then its also possible that'd its just a rebound relationship.
Breakups are always hard, though. x_o

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
Oh, Ty, I hear you. ]:

I can deal with the external hatred, but I get torn apart by how promiscuous the gay community is. Not gonna lie, I'm pretty new to the whole thing. I've been shown the ropes, and while I was at first sooooo surprised at the availability of seemingly great guys out there, I was shocked just how hard it is to find a monogamous relationship when you're gay. Everyone just wants to use you for one thing, it seems. Everything is about lust and it's rarely about love - though that word is thrown around a lot. I'd like to think I've found someone who is willing to actually just keep it exclusive, but, I still find myself casting doubt sometimes. I know of his past, he could easily get another guy on the side and I'd really never know.

Point is... although I'm sure I didn't help much we just gotta keep our heads up. There are good guys out there. Decent, loving, good-looking guys. I know how you're feeling, but chin-up... and maybe just focus on you for a while.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
My friends, please take a moment to report this Facebook page for hate speech. Thank you. It says things about gays that I would rather not repeat.

I reported and commented on their status :)

Here's a positive little hate comeback I found on Failblog.

Oh my God that is so awesome. I kind of want someone on my Facebook list to say something horrible like that so I can cut them down and defriend them. Leyna is my Hero of the Day!

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years
I reported and commented on their status :)

Oh my God that is so awesome. I kind of want someone on my Facebook list to say something horrible like that so I can cut them down and defriend them. Leyna is my Hero of the Day!

I wish I was out irl so I could do the same. XD

And yes, Leyna needs a medal or something. Seriously. XD

Years
Hey, what's up my fellow queer Americans? Did you hear about this conference for conservative values and so on where one of the speakers said that we can't have liberty and homosexuality at the same time? That gays are the biggest threat to the country? And did I mention that all the Republican presidential candidates were there and presumably agreed with this? (Did any of them speak out against this? No.)

Get your daily dose of crazy here.

Back