• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rarity Differences between 3DS XLs

Years
If we take away any personal preferences that we might have for either the Limited Edition Pikachu 3DS XL or the Red & Blue X & Y 3DS XL.

I have a Pikachu 3DS XL, and whilst I love it so much, I also love the look of the new X & Y 3DS XLs. My question is, which one is (or will be) rarer?

Years
Definitely the golden one will be the rarest, I believe. Last will be Eevee's, from what I've seen it's just stripes...
Second to last I'll give to Charizard's, although he is one of my favorites Pokemons, they really cheapened with the colors on his design and only the flame looked good.
Forth place depends on which color people prefer best, blue or red, the other will be matched with Pikachu's for second place.

Guy

just a guy
Years
This isn't a discussion that is exactly specific to Pokémon X and Y, so I'm just going to bump this on over the Video Games forum for you.

Of all the Special Edition Pokémon 3DS XL's, I'd think the Pikachu 3DS XL would be the most rare.

Guy

just a guy
Years
^Don't think so, there are plenty of Japanese 3DS XL's that are rarer, including the Charizard 3ds xl.
You're probably right about that. I can imagine the Charizard and Eevee 3DS XL being more uncommon than the Pikachu 3DS XL, because of how exclusive the release was and being only available in Japan.

The Pikachu 3DS XL is no easy find though, I'm sure. Just recently I was talking to one of the employees at my local GameStop and he mentioned that on the day of the Pikachu 3DS XL release in the US, they had only gotten THREE in stock and were gone before the morning was over. You could find a lot of them on eBay though, but all incredibly overpriced.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Yeah, these newest ones won't be rarer, the Japanese exclusive ones will. Besides, they're Japan only, while the Pikachu got release in some other regions, and the X&Y themed got released in even more (like Australia, which is why I was able to buy one =) ). So certainly the Pikachu ones should be rarer than these new ones for that alone. Same goes for, say, Monster Hunter or Fire Emblem themed ones.

Back