The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime

Notices

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 15th, 2013, 11:50 PM
Necrum
The most dapper evil genius

Nature: Adamant
I have been watching more of the anime recently, and am beginning to see the difference. Unova battles do seem really bland. Especially compared to in Sinnoh, where the battles seem exquisite! I have to wonder how they could so drastically change the style between periods. It's almost impossible to compare them they're so different.
Old May 20th, 2013, 08:25 AM
GymLeaderMisty
Smoochum

Nature: Rash
I saw the Unova League battles on YouTube when Ash battles against Stephen and Cameron and they seem quite bland compared to Sinnoh, Kanto, and Johto Leagues. I enjoyed the rivalries between Ash and Gary/Paul.

I felt Paul handled defeat exceptionally against Ash during the Sinnoh League. The scene when Paul says "thank you" to Electravire in appreciation of his efforts despite being defeated by Infernape was a dignified resolution of the rivalry between them, and perhaps just as good as the battles between them. Paul behavior after battle illustrated his maturity and development of his capacity to sympathize with his Pokemon. Ash's battle against Tobias, an insurmountable juggernaut, demonstrated the valor and tenacity of Ash and his Pokemon.

The battle against Charizard and Blastoise was certainly epic ... I don't know how Unova battles could compare to that.

Three Years and Four Months since my last visit here!

Sponsored Links