• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firemaker

Pokemon Master
Years
I lost to the magma grunt and paid $2400, then I got this message
Spoiler:

The game freezes except the music, that's fine.

Years
I lost to the magma grunt and paid $2400, then I got this message
Spoiler:

The game freezes except the music, that's fine.

I think because you didn't define where the player respawns after he/she loses a battle.

You can edit that in PBS>Metadata.txt

-Krobe

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
Hmm... I think I've found a bug (albeit a minor one). When using "\b" or "\r" in text messages to color text, some of the text tends to fall out of the box (attachment 1)

Some freaky things also happen on the intro screen when using colored text (attachment 2)

Is there anyway I can fix this? Cheers.

I was already aware of that problem and have fixed it.

Firemaker

Pokemon Master
Years
I'm having a bit of trouble following the notes. I'm a noob to this. Maybe you could give examples of the codes. Otherwise, great job! It looks very somewhat authentic.

Question: When adding a new pokemon, what type of file should the images be, especially the icon?

Editagain: sorry for this barrage of ignorance, but I get this message with my new pokemon when I try to playtest
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I have all their sprites, 64x64, shiny, back, and shiny back, they're pngs, but I don't have icons yet. Is this a problem?

Last edited:

mad.array

Eeveelutions... need more...
Years
@Firemaker.

Your images should be 128 * 128 I believe but that's not the problem here. You need to have two egg groups (in Compatibility) but you can have 15 twice so don't worry about that.

Not having an icon may be a problem when you open the POKeMON screen but it's easy enough to put a placeholder in, just make copy of another pokemons icon, rename it to icon494.png (I find Ditto quite an appropriate placeholder, but maybe that's just me).

Hope that sorts your problem out.

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2015
Darn it, no matter what i do i cant get my map connections to work, Can somebody gimme a hand, heres what i have

# Mangrove Village - Route 1
14,North,0,27,South,29
#Route1 - KrabbyClaw City
27,North,0,28,South,39

I copied it exactly as the examples given in the .txt file and i still get a black map edge and cant see the next map in the connection. Any help?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Firemaker - they should be .png files.
Besides, apart from the 2 egg groups thing, I see some more mistakes.
1. Cahibrek only has 5 base stats.
2. Spelling mistakes in the movelists - some erroneous spaces, and WHIRLWID.
3. Air Slash. As far as I know, D/P moves aren't in Essentials.
4. Minor, but still - in Cahibrek's dex entry, "there" should be "their".

Sinisterbutt - use the Visual Editor (It's in the Debug menu).

Shirayuki Mizore

Pokemon Raptor is STILL going?
Years
Got this error...
Spoiler:

Atomic Reactor

legend of awesome: all it means is that it was taking to long to load. it happens every once in awhile. just restart the game.

Years
legend of awesome: all it means is that it was taking to long to load. it happens every once in awhile. just restart the game.

Actually, it happens to me so much, that I can't even test play anymore, resulting in a halt in my game progress. It's an annoying error in which I hope gets solved soon. =/

-Krobe

Atomic Reactor

leave the window up after the error.
itll restart itself

Firemaker

Pokemon Master
Years
I still feel fairly nooby, but after making several corrections to my pokemon, I still get one error I can't seem to fix.
Spoiler:

Here is the pokemon again
Spoiler:

Again, sorry for being troublesome, and future thanks to anyone who helps me.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2010
First and foremost, I would like to say this.
This is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! I have never seen anything work so well, and it gets updated so often. I just updated my game and another one came out O.o

Now, to my question:
Would there be any way to add a shiny Pokemon to the party? (pbAddPokemon(), but it adds a shiny).
If no, then would it be possible to script it? (To lazy to check myself :P)
- Emblem

{First post, woot}

Years
First and foremost, I would like to say this.
This is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! I have never seen anything work so well, and it gets updated so often. I just updated my game and another one came out O.o

Now, to my question:
Would there be any way to add a shiny Pokemon to the party? (pbAddPokemon(), but it adds a shiny).
If no, then would it be possible to script it? (To lazy to check myself :P)
- Emblem

{First post, woot}

I would actually like to know how to do that as well.

do you keep exiting out?
leave the window up after the error.
itll restart itself

That doesn't work, only on some errors does it actually restart itself. But in this case, it doesn't, it just hangs there, hence the error.

-Krobe

Atomic Reactor

but i never have that problem at my dads(it runs programs fast here but slow at my moms[incase anyone cared lol])

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back