• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Better or worse?

Black/White or Black/White 2?

• Black/White

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • Black/White 2

Votes: 25 64.1%

• Total voters

Nakala Pri

This is the thread where you rate Pokemon White/Black with Pokemon White/Black 2.

I have watched my sister play it and really, it is a little... strange. Sure, the storyline isn't bad but the activities is like one of those games which you think is awesome, but over time you begin to hate it.

POKEMON BLACK AND WHITE FOR THE WIN!!! :D

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
I prefer Pokemon Black 2 and White 2, because it had a lot of Pokemon from the first four generations. I did miss Pikachu and Gengar, but still...

Sandshrew4

Also known as Sandwich
Years
Both were extremely easy for me, so I can't rate it on difficulty. I suppose I like black and white 2 better because of all the new features, but I didn't particularly enjoy the storyline of either.

Both were extremely easy for me, so I can't rate it on difficulty. I suppose I like black and white 2 better because of all the new features, but I didn't particularly enjoy the storyline of either.

Last edited:

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Equal for me not 50/50 more like 49/61, I'm still a bit closer to: Black 2 / White 2 - most of the reasons have been mentioned above me.... PWT, PokeStar Studios, at least for me more stuff to explore in the post game.

[Both games have all the Pokemon I really want to use (Dewott, Mienshao, and Watchog), both difficulty is the same, both have the stadiums in Nimbasa.....]

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Years
Black and White 2. It is the only main series game with an antagonist that actually tries to KILL you! B/W was nice but it was too linear for me. When I first played white 2, I got lost. No joke.

Years
Yeah. It would be easier, unless you want to start fresh altogether. :P

Well, I already beat the pkmn league by the first time, so I think it is fair to trade my iv bred, ep trained pokemon that are not already lvl 100, so I can train them while having fun, not only fight the league over and over again. I'm just afraid to feel nostalgic and want to play SS again, but I think that I have more things to do in w2 :/ hard choice xD

Nakala Pri

Well, I already beat the pkmn league by the first time, so I think it is fair to trade my iv bred, ep trained pokemon that are not already lvl 100, so I can train them while having fun, not only fight the league over and over again. I'm just afraid to feel nostalgic and want to play SS again, but I think that I have more things to do in w2 :/ hard choice xD

I didn't understand a word. xD I would recommend trading because on the next game you buy it may seem a bit difficult with the Pokemon League and such. It's always good to have a back-up Pokemon Team waiting in your PC.

This bit is for different posters. Pokemon Black 2's extra features (AND people trying to kill you) are the only thing which makes it a little bit more fun. But completing Pokemon Black, didn't that thrill you and make you enjoy Pokemon all the more? The characters are memorable and it still has some originality. Not SO much, but it makes you remember the older games. Like LeafGreen and such. xD

Years
the only thing I liked more in black 2 than white 1 is the use of items, its much easier, and the option to put pokemon list on the short cut page. hmm I can't think of anything else, I like them both the same, they were both great.

and oh yeah, Cheren challenged me more than emm the rival guy in black 2 (I call him lex (from superman, lex luthor, but you can't put the whole name so just lex) :p so that aspect of white I like more than black 2.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
Black/White 2 had changes that added things to the aftergame, like the Pokemon World Tournament. Black and White's aftergame just seemed like nothing, sadly, and Neo Team Plasma's new goal shifting from seemingly being good, to downright common bad-guy-take-over-world plots...it seemed a bit classic to me.

Also, dat free space area in your bag.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Black 2/White 2 purely due to character appearance and all-region Pokémon. Black holds a better story, although Gameplay for the win.
I really like some of the other stuff such as that medal thingy, Marine Tube and of course PokéStar Studios! They really give more miscellaneous things to do around in the game, and make it less about purely beating the Elite Four.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Black/White 2, because you can have Pokemon from the International Pokedex, the characters are much better, there are new places and they have a water type gym!

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2024
I prefer Black and White 2. While the addition of the first and second generation of Pokemon immediately gives it points, I prefer it because the story wasn't as obnoxiously in your face as in Black and White.

In the first games every five steps you'd be interrupted by one of the main characters either calling you on that video phone thing, appearing in front of you and saying "Hurry up! There's a town ahead!" or some obnoxious plot-related problem.

The second games still hold your hand too much, but it's usually in the more manageable form of friendly trainers giving you items when you beat them, rather than main characters talking to you all the time.

Years
Like a majority, I prefer the sequels, Black 2 and White 2. The sequels have every feature of the original Black/White, with more. Although some trainers that you could battle in Black/White aren't able to be battled (in a normal way) in Black 2/White 2, B2W2 has more features overall.

Nakala Pri

I guess you guys have points. But think about the good times of playing Pokemon Black and getting through, also meeting up with Cheren and Bianca! :P

The biggest thing in Pokemon Black 2 in my opinion is the international tournaments. The other things were just distractions, a little fun asset to distract us. :x

Years
im not sure which one I liked. I preferred the black/white map, because the black/white 2 map seemed to not make full use of great areas like the starting town. i thought the story in the sequels wasn't as good, and the constant, lazy references to the prequels was so annoying. "Gosh, i haven't had a battle that good since.... oh, about two years exactly". but the added features were better so ill have to say the sequels

Back