• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Expert Emerald~ FINAL BETA RELEASED (Project Complete)

Overall Hack Rating!

• ★★★★★

Votes: 756 69.3%
  • ★★★★

Votes: 230 21.1%
  • ★★★

Votes: 60 5.5%
  • ★★

Votes: 10 0.9%
  • Votes: 35 3.2%

• Total voters

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
In that case... if you theoretically need to save space say NO to the eeveelutions first thing. Leafeon and Glaceon would be almost completely useless in Gen 3. Glaceon would barely have one set to use because Shadow Ball is useless with it, and that's with the Frontier tutor, and Leafeon is slightly more fortunate with Shadow Ball but still barely has a movepool either due to grass and high attack and no Sp. Attack unlike Tangrowth.

All the others should be alright as is though, as they depend on moves that were already there and as is (heck, mixed Mamoswine was viable in DPPt metagame for a time and mismagius was always treated as a lesser Gengar). Also Dusknoir with Shadow Ball would be a neat balance to the elemental punches being gone since Earthquake and Brick Break are still there.

blue

gucci
Years
In that case... if you theoretically need to save space say NO to the eeveelutions first thing. Leafeon and Glaceon would be almost completely useless in Gen 3. Glaceon would barely have one set to use because Shadow Ball is useless with it, and that's with the Frontier tutor, and Leafeon is slightly more fortunate with Shadow Ball but still barely has a movepool either due to grass and high attack and no Sp. Attack unlike Tangrowth.

All the others should be alright as is though, as they depend on moves that were already there and as is (heck, mixed Mamoswine was viable in DPPt metagame for a time and mismagius was always treated as a lesser Gengar). Also Dusknoir with Shadow Ball would be a neat balance to the elemental punches being gone since Earthquake and Brick Break are still there.

Yeah, well there's enough spaces to add all of them the only downfall is that they will share the same cry which I doubt is that much of an issue.

I've also decided to create two patches, one being the current release that is out now with no Gen IV Pokémon and then obviously the Patch I'm creating with the Generation IV additions so that people have the option both including the same features, difficulty etc.

Years
  • Seen Aug 1, 2013
I have an issue, the evee in slateport is a skill swap, and the stones aren't appearing in lavaridge. Please help.

Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2022
There's an unedited trainer on Route 123 named Bird Keeper Alberto. He had both level 30 Pelipper and Xatu.

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
I don't like Roserade over Shuckle, no offense. There is enough room to add in Roserade using the 25 extra spaces, and:

Yeah, well there's enough spaces to add all of them the only downfall is that they will share the same cry which I doubt is that much of an issue.
Is it bad that I've already done that, with over 100 new moves added, all of Deoxys' formes in-game, Regigigas, and Lucario?

Last edited:
Years
A while ago I was planning on making my own Emerald hack like this one but it looks like I won't surpass this. Would you mind if I help you out along the way for anything additional, though?

Nice job with Finneon/Lumineon, by the way.

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
-_- I liked the hack without the new Pokemon. Adding in Gen IV Pokémon that are evolutions to old Pokémon are fine. You could also add in Regigigas since it's tied together to the creation of the Regis. But adding in random new Pokémon? That's annoying.

By the way Suicune™, do you want me to add in new moves and make new movesets? Also, I have some sprites you could use. The Weather Trio. Do you want to see them?

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
I have a question about Pokemon-specific Items. I see a Thick Club screenshot in the first post, but what about the Light Ball, Lucky Punch, etc?

Gonna try this hack out for the Challenge forum's August event. I have no doubt I will be killing myself before it's over.

edit: Just saw that Poocheyna's wild animation is missing the second frame I believe.
bad poochyena animation.png

edit2: Another small error: when you enter the Rustboro Pokemon Center, you start on the left entrance tile, so you can't go straight to Nurse Joy.
PC entrance tile.png

edit3: the trade in Rustboro is for a Cubone, not a Clamperl like the document says. Also, its has really bad IVs (as do the original trades), any chance those could be edited to be more like the Gen IV/V trades' IVs?

edit4: Fisherman Ivan in Rustboro City, Fisherman Ivan's first Pokemon is a Qwilfish who has no moves and Struggles.
qwilfish struggle.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2022
Thanks for this, I was sure that all unedited trainers were sorted too!

No problem! Although I have a suggestion: maybe you could not make a Pokemon appear in a place more than once? Example: Onyx appears in the Granite Cave and Victory Road (if I'm not wrong). Because then there can be room for other Pokemon to appear as wild like the Hoenn starters. Just a suggestion tho.

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2015
Are you thinking about adding a .zip download folder? I can't access it because I don't have an extraction program for Windows 8.

blue

gucci
Years
Alright so I've removed Roserade & The Finneon Line from the previous release and re-inserted Shuckle so that the current patch hold the original 386 Pokémon. I have also straightened out a few errors such as unedited trainers, Route Glitches etc. I've also edited the In-Game Trades so that now when you receive the Pokémon, they will have Perfect IV's (31) and Beneficial Natures.

Speaking of edited trainers, have you changed the levels of the Hiker inside the Rustboro tunnel?

Yeah, I figured out the problem to that one and has now been edited. I'd say about 99.9% of trainers are now edited to some extent.

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Found another error, the Marowak sprite is offset towards the bottom. All you would probably need to do is just center it.
marowak offset.png

Btw Suicune, you never answered my question if there are other Pokemon-Specific items laying around besides the Thick Club. The Light Ball is of particular interest to me, as I am not going to evolve my Pikachu.

blue

gucci
Years
Found another error, the Marowak sprite is offset towards the bottom. All you would probably need to do is just center it.
View attachment 69128

Btw Suicune, you never answered my question if there are other Pokemon-Specific items laying around besides the Thick Club. The Light Ball is of particular interest to me, as I am not going to evolve my Pikachu.

I need to re position several sprites which I will do in the next release. With the items I did the game in my other hack by adding them in manually similarly to the Thick Club so I will probably make them available in the next release too.

Back