• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Piratite[Preview Available]

Status
Not open for further replies.

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
PokemonPiratite.png

A Blueberry Production

Hack of: Fire Red

Story
You awaken to the sound of a boy crying. Startled, you jump out of bed and rush out the door. On the beach you find a nearly unconscious boy soaking wet and moaning in agony. Panicking, you grab the boy and rush into to town to seek the aid of the town elder. You navigate around the tall grass and race through the town to the man's home. The town elder takes the boy and gives him a bed to rest in, saying it seems he fell overboard on a ship and had been drifting on the sea for a few days. The elder says he's happy you were here, as his wife hasn't returned from shell collecting in the Azure Caverns and he's beginning to get worried about her. So he asks you to go to the caverns and fetch her. So you run back to your house, grab your sole Pokemon, a Clamperl, and set off for the caves. After finding his wife and returning with her to her home, you find the boy is now awake, but he won't speak to anyone. Puzzled, you attempt to speak to him. However, you are interrupted by a man claiming pirates have landed on the island and were beginning to enter the city. They are claiming they've come looking for a boy that escaped their ships four nights ago. The town elder tells you to quickly take the boy and escape into Hermit Forest. You agree and quickly depart for the woods. Navigating the thick grass, you eventually find the home of the hermit himself. A wrinkled old man, he is at first adverse to your presence but upon explaining to him the situation, he allows them to stay. As you speak to him, he realizes this boy is more than he appears. Without explaining anything to you, the hermit orders you to escape in the dead of the night with the boy and visit eight different locations that can be found on nearby islands. There, you are to receive training that will increase your skill enough to take on the Pirates and remove them from the island. So later that night, you escape with the boy and set off for the locations on the map. However, you are spotted by the Pirates who begin to chase you.

Thus, your journey of deceit, adventure, excitement, lies, difficulty, and rewards begins, all on the High Seas in what is known as "Pokemon Piratite."

The Team
Blueberry- Mapper / Character Development / Story Development
wingzro17- Scripting
FoxHound- Provided OW Trainer Sprites / Possibly In-Battle

Help is always appreciated.

Multimedia
Screenshots
Spoiler:

Maps
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Starting Pokemon
clamperl.jpg

Clamperl - Level Five - Water-type

In Progress
Finishing up scripts in Nero Town and mapping Nero Beach.

Credits
- Banner by Loki <3
- wingzro17 for scripting.
- Name credited to Christos
- Milotic Overworld credited to mistersmeargle
- Foxhound for his awesome sprites which will be revealed soon
- Hiroshi Sotomura, Christos, Blazichu, Raspberry, Scizz, Zanacross, etc for helping me learn the ropes of AdvanceMap and critiquing my maps.

Releases
Preview

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 118
  • Seen Jan 25, 2022
No turning back now Luke.

You know I think you have a good story line. Your maps look nice apart from the few errors. You just need pallet editing which I should be able to do for you or help with. Also I sucked at scripting so.... But I will be subscribing to this and posting my support.

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
Thanks everybody. I'm redoing my maps with a few new toys from AdvanceMap 1.9 at the moment. And if anybody wants to help with anything, PM me or post here. I'd love it.

Years
  • Age 118
  • Seen Jan 25, 2022
I now have no need to help you with pallet editing Luke :p

Well this new advance map rules and I'm gonna start scripting to help you. (Done with mIRC scripting now)

Antwhan

setting up for the big beta
Years
nice map and awesome story....

all that i can rly say is....

Yar har, fiddle de de. Being a Pirate is alright to me. Do what you want cause a pirate is free. You are a Pirate!

Pirates = automatic epic win

good luck Blueberry!

Jack of Bl♠des

Former goderator
Years
I might just need to make a Ninja Version off of this, jk. As long as I don't see Luffy or any characters from One Peice, this hack is fine with me. Your starting town is looking pretty good (I'm a fan of large starting towns, since mine is going to be a city).

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
One Piece? Ummm... no. I don't watch anime or play Zelda games (someone told me the story was similiar to a Zelda game as well? O____o; I don't know). Big towns are fun, and by walking around on VisualBoy, I think it'll be a fun town to start in. Now if only I could get a scripter and such. :P

Jack of Bl♠des

Former goderator
Years
One Piece? Ummm... no. I don't watch anime or play Zelda games (someone told me the story was similiar to a Zelda game as well? O____o; I don't know). Big towns are fun, and by walking around on VisualBoy, I think it'll be a fun town to start in. Now if only I could get a scripter and such. :P

That's good to hear. I honestly can't stand that show. As for a good scripter, I'm not so sure I could help you with that.

But one question regarding the hack. Are you going to change the orders of the HMs or something? That lake leading into the caves strikes me as something significant so I'm curious as to if it might be included later into the story or something.

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
The cave plays somewhat of an important role in the mythology of the island. There are events at the beginning of the game and at the end when you return to the island. That part will be blocked off until the end of the game. There's another entrance to the caves on the island you'll use at first.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Nice to see your hack up Luke, now with scripting I can help whenever I am not busy....but first I need to try hex editing in GBA xD

Also with the cliff tiles, make sure to fix the edges of the cliffs that are on cliffs as they have a green outline as you have used the grass ones.

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
It's really tough being color blind and not being able to differentiate between the grays and the greens. Hopefully everything is fixed now.

NeroTown.jpg

Which map has the right cliff tile, because I can't tell. ;_;

Last edited:

adamb241

Pokémon Raging Fury
Years
The starting map look a bit to big. There isn't suppose to be a pokemon center or a mart in the starting town.

Years
  • Age 118
  • Seen Jan 25, 2022
I'm going to suggest something about that to Luke later. It's all about the planz

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
I know the normal conventions of a Pokemon game is that the starting town lacks a PokeCenter/Mart, but seeing that this town plays a more central role than most starting towns and it's one of the premier islands in the area, I figured it wouldn't be a major town without them. And does size really matter? I'm not one to conform to standards.

adamb241

Pokémon Raging Fury
Years
I know the normal conventions of a Pokemon game is that the starting town lacks a PokeCenter/Mart, but seeing that this town plays a more central role than most starting towns and it's one of the premier islands in the area, I figured it wouldn't be a major town without them. And does size really matter? I'm not one to conform to standards.

Well I didn't know it was a major town. Then size does not matter. If its soul purpose was to be a starting town and nothing else....Then size matters.

Jack of Bl♠des

Former goderator
Years
I don't see why it wouldn't work to have a Pokemon Center in the starting town. Besides, to clear up any continuity errors, you could just have a script at the front desk where if you step on the tile to talk to the nurse, some random guy tells you not to bother the people there unless you have some pokemon to heal. And when you use the givepokemon prompt for when you get a starter, simply setting a flag will prevent that from happening again.

Also, there's a small error on the right side. Two tiles have some grass left, but other that it looks even better. Hope it comes along nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back