The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > Tabletop Games

Notices

Tabletop Games For non-Pokémon discussion about traditional gaming, without the console. Talk about card games, board games, war games, and role playing games here.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 1st, 2011, 09:30 AM
*Firestar*
-- Let the flames ignite --

Nature: Quiet
Well, there isn't one here yet, and after seeing the question asked earlier about exceeds in Yu-Gi-Oh!, I thought there should be one.

Here you can ask questions about any card game that you're into. Just please don't post any deck lists to be rated. Please make a separate thread for that. Otherwise, ask away!

Sig Credit | Pair | Family | Turbo Duelist

Last edited by *Firestar*; May 3rd, 2011 at 11:12 AM.
Old June 11th, 2011, 01:03 AM
Brane
-

Well I've been absent from Yu-Gi-Oh! for years now, but I just downloaded 5D's from Xbox Live, and am wanting to get back into it.

Does anyone know any online strategy/card guides that are really helpful?
Old June 12th, 2011, 12:43 PM
*Firestar*
-- Let the flames ignite --

Nature: Quiet
Well, there is always Yugioh Wikia which has helped me a lot, but as for strategies, well it depends if you're playing online or not. If you want to play others I suggest you have a look at some tier lists. Here's one I found but I'm not sure exactly how reliable it is.
http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=950269
You should also look up the top tier decks and look up what counters them, and perhaps try to build around that. You could also try to design something with your own touch to it, to make it unique to you.

If its just in-game you want a deck for, then any deck can do the job. I would suggest finding which cards are easiest to get ingame, and try to build the highest tier deck you can with that.

Sig Credit | Pair | Family | Turbo Duelist
Old July 13th, 2011, 02:24 PM
Apple Juice
who are you
Community Supporter Tier 3

Send a message via Skype™ to Apple Juice
o:

Good idea Firestar. I'll be available to answer questions as well. c:

LP/Guide/Review of the Week! - create one now and it could be featured!
shawn , janna , dave // credit
Old November 26th, 2012, 07:17 PM
Wings Don't Cry
Maybe she's born with it
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Naive
So Vanguard only recently became available in New Zealand and I just got myself the Kagero trial deck today and am planning to use it on Saturday for a hobby league. I was looking at some of the cards and I don't quite understand the point in Demonic Dragon Berserker, Yaksha's skill. Can I use it the same turn I ride a grade 2 card or are you not allowed to ride it normally? It seems like a completely useless skill as far as I can tell.

3DS Friend Code: 5155 - 3990 - 6891
Old December 11th, 2012, 09:39 PM
digi-kun
Hourai NEET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings Don't Cry View Post
So Vanguard only recently became available in New Zealand and I just got myself the Kagero trial deck today and am planning to use it on Saturday for a hobby league. I was looking at some of the cards and I don't quite understand the point in Demonic Dragon Berserker, Yaksha's skill. Can I use it the same turn I ride a grade 2 card or are you not allowed to ride it normally? It seems like a completely useless skill as far as I can tell.
Sorry about the delay. There is no point, it sucks and you want to run Gokux4 and Dragonic Overlord x4 Er....

Yes you can ride it the turn you ride a grade 2. Basically the combo in the deck is to ride "Berserk Dragon" to kill a rear-guard during your main phase, then kill something, then ride Yaksha immediately. The issue with the skill is that there aren't actually that many ways to retire cards even in Kagero, and building around it is a bad idea since it's only a Power 9000 Vanguard, making it harder to guard for.

Partner in crime and fellow singbot: the devilicious iruchii

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links