• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 21, 2004
I feel like starting over in silver version...too bored, and I can't find anymore shinies. (played for hours last night) I already beat silver besides catching all pokemon...so I think I'll start over. Will that affect the dex?

Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2017
w/e Pazz i only read the first ehh paragraph and no i'm not jealous there is no rule saying that a person cannot believe a person saying that theyve caught a shiny ill still stick with what ive been sayin

imma start to look for a shiny pinsor

Spiro

Dark Dragon Master
Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Jun 13, 2014
I want to join, I got a shiney lapras, shiney Pideot, shiney flareon, shiney flareon, shiney dragonite, shiney scizor and shiney machoke

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 18, 2015
u got to shiney flareons? y not a shiny jolteon instead
yea u can join aaryn will add u to the list

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
alright! new club members with lots of shinies! *gives new shiny hunter good rep for joining the best club*

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
sweet holy moses you wrote a freakin' novel pazz!
*goes to read*
(5 hours later)
"This reason, as you know, is because we cannot go to each other's house and check their gameboy and for a gamesharkish device" i'd be happy to, if you all PM me your adresses CUZ CHEATING FREAKIN' SUCKS!
"I no longer have a GBA." we're all chipping in to buy her one (don't question my authority!)
"As all but Ryan don't know, I broke my chair due to me not being able to sit still (It sucks)" *laughs meanly and get's slapped by his pair*
(i'm looking forward to Metriod prime 2, but not starcraft)
but speaking of ghosts.... geist looks cool. *goes to get a drink*

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 18, 2015
hey ur a member of the power rangers club lol and r u simplyfying wot pazzcat said? and dont expect money from me lol

SkinnyGreenMan

█▓▒═─┤SkinnyG reen├─═ ▒▓█
Years
A lot of people didn't see my question a while back, so I shall ask again:
SkinnyGreenMan said:
Hey, do you guys (people on the list) mind if I add you to my friends list?

rsgh5
Tyranitar_Dude
Shiny Kabutops
!Dragonite!
Pokemunna
Pokemon Vereran
PazzKat
Zooster
Some of you are already there, but the could the ones that arn't reply? Thanks.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
pokemunna said:
hey ur a member of the power rangers club lol and r u simplyfying wot pazzcat said? and dont expect money from me lol
i was making comments on what she said... geee
and i'm more than a member of the power rangers club (you can't make fun of it because you like pokemon kay?!)
and i was sorta, maybe kidding about the money... (maybe...)
skinny GM! you'd better add me to your list!

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 18, 2015
i did somthing like that u replied but others did and now i dont really care if they dont want to be there theyll have tp post me

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
even though you laugh at power rangers *cries* i'll allow you to add me to your list (you're all on mine) and the same goes for anybody else who is part of the shiny hunters club

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 18, 2015
oh yea i might be shiny hunting tomorrow since itll be eid *yes im a muslim*

SkinnyGreenMan

█▓▒═─┤SkinnyG reen├─═ ▒▓█
Years
PazzKat said:
````Now for me to question a bit. >_> <_<. PokeX, I have question about your shiney ditto method. The reason is, R/B/Y cannot have data that wasn't already programed into it, in it. Thus the reasons for deletion of new moves. The Red Garaydos is something new and special, introduced to us in G/S, as well all know. That means, a new sprite, a new line of coding for the game. If the game even allows you to transfer the dude, the ditto method itself would not work. The reason being is because when ditto "mimics" something, it merely copies the sprite, and moves with 5pp. It does not copy anything more, aka the stats (this is in R/B/Y and G/S/C where special effects were not introduced). Therefore the ditto would not copy the line of code (if it were to even exist in the r/b/y) that the Garaydos had. The game cannot write new data it was not programmed to write, so it cannot write the shiny line of code that the Garaydos contains. This is all based on speculation as, I cannot play my silver or Yellow, and lost my blue (which had an OFFICIAL mew). My silver's save battery is fried, and I cannot concentrate to get that far in the game without saving and turning off, and I don't want to play yellow without reason. So..if it does work, huh, if not, logic is correct.
It works. Trust me, Ive heard of it elsewhere.

As to why it works, I'm not entirely sure, but I have a few ideas.

In GSC, shinyness is based on a pokemon's DVs, or genetics. A pokemon will get one value for each of it's stats at random when you first encounter it. The programer's added a neat twist by checking if a pokemon's DVs are all a certian value (7 or 8, I think), and if so they used a different sprite for the pokemon that was off color.

One thing is, some of a pokemon's DVs could be passed on through breeding, so if you had a shiny, you could breed another from it.

DVs were in RBY as well, but there was no shinyness. So, if you traded a shiny, it would just look normal in RBY, but it would retain the shiny properties.

As to why ditto got gyarados's DVs, I'm not so sure.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
i've read that it works, i just didn't want to say anything because i didn't know for sure. but if skinny gm says so... then it is so!

Back