• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Well then, Man of Myrrh, what do you suggest the new title of this thread shalt be?
It should be 'Challenges: Initiate and Defeat' or 'Challenges: Initiate and Destroy'

That way, people would have to do the challenges, because that's the name of the thread.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I put Camels Igniting and Destroying...I think that's close enough. :) Camels is obviously code for challenges, if you couldn't tell.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
See, it works. :) Also, just a reminder for anyone doing the Green, Gold, and Booze event. The deadline to finish is the 31st of March (12 AM Central time) otherwise you miss out on the emblem. I don't wanna give an emblem to people that signed up and didn't even finish. It makes it seem like you're just signing up just for the emblem and I feel that they should be earned.

/runs to add the time on the thread because I just realized I didn't :x

Years
Ah, Camerupt. I've wanted to use it in a challenge, since like, forever. I've decided that I'll put one on my team when the R/S remakes are released, provided they actually are in development and
are planned to be released. Camerupt has a pretty awesome design, although I'd like to see a pure Ground type dromedary camel, in the near future.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Le gasp, another double post by Syd!

I fully intend on doing the GG&B Challenge as soon as I finish either my current challenge (UMC Electric, I'm on Sinnoh) or White, in which I just beat N in his castle. But I have to do so much grinding for it... Hmph. I think the UMC would be easier.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
Weekend, where art thou weekend? D:
Speaking of being active over the summer, you guys would probably be annoyed with how active I am going to be. D; /hasnolife
I'm really considering betting on how many challenges I can complete during the three months I have off.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Well, I am going to be probs going on vacation with my friends, and seeing them some, but the sheer fact that i can stay up as late as i want because i won't have school/don't ever have to do any homework means i'll be completing a lot of them. I think I'll shoot for one challenge a day, and then the rest of the day stay off the computer.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
cameruptms.png

Anyways, I'm having fun playing through Black with a Poison/Bug Duotype challenge. I think I want to do a Grass monotype, or even a Water monotype next :D

Enigma

Years
I think I want to do something really awesome sounding. I want to defeat R/B/Y with all 151 original Pokemon in solo challenges. :DDD

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I was actually, and this will sound CRAZY, considering...making the Hall of Fame...with every Pokemon. I would probably do generations I-IV on HeartGold though, because I really, really hate migrating/transferring to the next gen. idk why. But I'm not even done with the Gen V version of this, so WHY am I considering the others? I don't even know.

And I worked it out, I would divide it by generations. So in gen I, I would use Scyther, Electabuzz, etc because in gen I, they didn't evolve. But in gen IV (and well, any other gen with a baby Pokemon) I would use the baby Pokemon, provided that it's evolution isn't also in that generation. Basically, I would be treating it as if it didn't evolve. (example would be using Chimecho in gen III, since it had no baby yet, but when I move on to gen IV, I would use Chingling, since it was introduced in gen IV. Riolu is also a baby, but it's evolution, Lucario, was introduced in gen IV, so I would go with Lucario, not Riolu.) This doesn't even make sense to anyone, I'm sure. :(

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
I was actually, and this will sound CRAZY, considering...making the Hall of Fame...with every Pokemon. I would probably do generations I-IV on HeartGold though, because I really, really hate migrating/transferring to the next gen. idk why. But I'm not even done with the Gen V version of this, so WHY am I considering the others? I don't even know.

And I worked it out, I would divide it by generations. So in gen I, I would use Scyther, Electabuzz, etc because in gen I, they didn't evolve. But in gen IV (and well, any other gen with a baby Pokemon) I would use the baby Pokemon, provided that it's evolution isn't also in that generation. Basically, I would be treating it as if it didn't evolve. (example would be using Chimecho in gen III, since it had no baby yet, but when I move on to gen IV, I would use Chingling, since it was introduced in gen IV. Riolu is also a baby, but it's evolution, Lucario, was introduced in gen IV, so I would go with Lucario, not Riolu.) This doesn't even make sense to anyone, I'm sure. :(

That would be a cool challenge. If I did it I'd do it on an emulator so I could screencap it. But then I wouldn't have access to every Pokemon d.d Maybe in the thread everyone challenging can just have one post to keep updates on using a spoiler and a list of all Pokemon and just mark through them when you are done. Also, a rule could be not to just use one level 100 uber to beat the E4 a billion times until you are done. I'd probably just go in order, so my first team would be Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, Venusaur, Charmander, Charmeleon, and Charizard.

Enigma

Years
Syd always ends up double posting D:

I'm trying to finish both my remaining Dewgong solos by the end of the week so I can start other challenges. Playing through the 4th gen...bleh.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I double post because this is the forum I mod, so because of that, I override the rule that doesn't allow posts until after 45 seconds have passed.

And well, when I say "every Pokemon" I meant final evos, with the exception of baby Pokemon and Pokemon that didn't get evos til later. And I ain't making a thread for that because updates would be so slow, it'd get inactive. >.< It's better to do it as a personal challenge, and just blog it on here, Tumblr, etc.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
I double post because this is the forum I mod, so because of that, I override the rule that doesn't allow posts until after 45 seconds have passed.

And well, when I say "every Pokemon" I meant final evos, with the exception of baby Pokemon and Pokemon that didn't get evos til later. And I ain't making a thread for that because updates would be so slow, it'd get inactive. >.< It's better to do it as a personal challenge, and just blog it on here, Tumblr, etc.

Congrats on 10,000 posts! But anyways, I can see why it wouldn't be in a thread. And I'm such a completionist that I would have to use all 600-someodd Pokemon. (I was about to put 493...)

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 10, 2020
We could make a thread for all the "Personal challenges" It would be interesting to see how things go in multiple unique challenges

By the way: Do i get the Single monotype master title, if i beat all types on Leaf Green (Needs a reason to do a run on an emulator)

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
We could make a thread for all the "Personal challenges" It would be interesting to see how things go in multiple unique challenges

By the way: Do i get the Single monotype master title, if i beat all types on Leaf Green (Needs a reason to do a run on an emulator)

I sorta like that idea. There are lots of times that people make a post in here saying "this is a cool idea" but it has kinks in it. They should do it first by themselves and they could post it on the personal challenge, then if people see them doing that and say "HAY THAT LOOKS KEWL" then it could transform into its own thread. Also ambitious people like myself could have like 15 spoilers or something, each with its own type of challenge.

Also yes, if you beat all 15-17 types on FR/LG then you will be awarded the Sungle Monotype Master title.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I think a thread for recording all that would just get cluttery though, since people would be doing different things. idk, I say just post it to Tumblr, lj, or something. :( It would be an odd thread to keep track of.

Edit: Oh God I didn't double post!!

Enigma

Years
I was always secretly wishing for some sort of thread where there would be a list of people in the first post, and it would have a spoiler for each that shows which challenges they have completed, or something. Although I'm sure that this has been talked about before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back