• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Phones

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
What sort of cellphones do we all have? Are we satisfied with them? How long have we had them? If we are planning to buy another in future, what kind would it be?

As for myself, I have two. First is an Android--Motorola Droid Razr. I've had it for a while, and would say I'm decently happy with the device. It's actually quite light in terms of weight, but I was sort of afraid of having it broken due to that, leading me into purchasing a case for it few days after buying. Thanks to that, I haven't had a single scratch on it. The phone itself is very fast; find myself using it for a lot of things, from chatting and talking, all the way to watching some TV show.

Second is an iPhone. This one, unfortunately, is pretty old; have had it for almost six years or so. Sadly, its microphone no longer functions correctly, so it's tough to take part in any calls with it. However, it still runs nicely aside from that; I use it every now and again to listen to music and whatnot.

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
Years
I have an iPhone 5. It usually works perfectly, but sometimes the battery gets all screwy and doesn't show the right % that it has left. It has led to many times where it'll shut off due to low battery even though it'll actually be at 50% xD Because of this, I tend to try to stay close to a phone charger. It's my only way to contact any family during the week. It makes a good paperweight when I'm not using it to call my mom or listen to music. I would like to get a new one sometime soon. But that won't happen. :c Oh, and I've had it for only a few months. I got it used.

Years
I have a Nokia Lumia 520. It's a pretty good phone, and works to my needs. The camera on it is pretty good, especially for a bargain phone.

The only downside to owning a Windows Phone is the lack of apps. However, the apps don't worry me; just as long as I have a phone that can make/receive calls, send SMS, and connect to the internet, I'm fine.

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
Years
I have the LG G2 and I love the thing. The battery life is excellent and that's all I'm asking for in a phone since I do play games quite a bit. I haven't had any problems with it (so far... I got it in August of last year) unlike on my old phone, the Samsung Galaxy Nexus where the wifi would randomly drop, half of my texts/other people's texts would never go through, and that's just the top of the list. The only thing that is a bit weird is the power/volume buttons are on the back of the phone. It makes it a hassle when I want to turn the volume down on my phone when listening to music. I have to lift the thing up to raise/lower volume >_> But it works outside of when I'm playing music excellently since it has a tap on option (tap the screen twice and the phone's screen comes on).

All in all I have to say this is my favorite phone I've ever had and I don't plan on upgrading it for a very long time. It does its job well and was worth the money. I've always had Samsung phones and I was going to stick with that trend but LG won me over even though there are a lack of cases and it isn't the most popular phone.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
First I had a red, flip phone Pantech that I used to call my parents because I would stay late in elementary school for a couple of clubs. It was nothing special, I could mainly just text and call on it. Next, I got an upgrade to a Pantech duo where I could flip it in two ways, and was the same as the earlier Pantech except it had a keypad to text on.

Then I entered 8th. grade and my parents bought me an Iphone 3GD, I was elated! I could now play games, use apps and watch Netflix. For a time I was on that more than anything else (even my computer) and would spend most of my time texting girls (yeah, I was that age) and playing Cut the Rope. Now I have an Iphone 5, and I mainly use it to listen to music, use Instagram and Snapchat; I want to upgrade to an Iphone 6 soon but am still noy sure if it is worth it.

Espurr_Kawaii

Pokemon Trainer Coordinator
Years
Phones that im use in many years, like sony ericson t610, nokia 7210, samsung (no internet/browser its for texting). That phone im mention is not use ever until now..bcoz im using my new phone its cherry mobile flare (but im use it for 1yr) not too old, haha XD.

Last edited:

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
I currently have a 2013 Motorola Moto X, and am defiantly satisfied with it. I had mine since it launched on Verizon and had a sale so around Nov 22. For the future I would go for a Moto X 2014, or 2015 depending on what happens with it, and when I could upgrade. Love the Moto X. <3

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Currently I'm using Samsung Galaxy Pro, which was pretty good if it comes to playing several videos and musics, not to mention that I love the keyboard below it. Too bad that it's lacking support of the most current Android apps, though, which is a letdown for me nowadays, which is why I might consider to buy a new Android phone with the latest version like Kitkat's.

Years
I have the iPhone 5S I think, and it's been alright for the time i've had it but recently it's started to act up terribly. I first got the iPhone in 2009 and upgraded as time progressed, but i'm content with it. I know the 6 is really big, though.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I have a Samsung Galaxy Avant that I purchased in September 2014. It is a fantastic upgrade from my dumb phone of 4 years. I don't know how I lasted so long with that, but I was never that keen on calling or texting anyone. over half of my contacts are people that I can reach online here anyway

Years
I've got a Samsung Galaxy Ace II e, which is basically the poor man's version of the Galaxy S3. It's not that great of a phone, but it does everything that I need it to, and it was pretty cheap to buy it outright, which was my main concern at the time. Maybe it's because I used an iPod Touch for so long, but I still kind of prefer Apple's OS, so I haven't decided if I want to get an iPhone when I do upgrade one day, or if I'll stick with the Samsung Galaxy series.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I use an iPhone 4s myself. It's not the latest of phones but it is still pretty good and meets all of my needs; which is the main thing!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I have an iPhone 5C in white. I like it a lot and will probably be keeping it for awhile. I've had it probably a year already.

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
My first smartphone is the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and I have it since september. I like it, for a smartphone, but I don't like the smartphones... I feel observed...

Years
I don't have a phone because I lost it :(

Do you guys have tips for keeping your phone from slipping out of your pocket?

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
Years
I don't have a phone because I lost it :(

Do you guys have tips for keeping your phone from slipping out of your pocket?

I find that gel cases are less likely to slip out of your pocket than the hard cases. They also offer better protection than the hard plastic cases. You could also get a phone case with a belt clip/holster attached. That way your phone will always be there at your waist and you don't have to worry about it slipping out of your pocket in the first place.
Sorry that you lost your phone though :( I hope you can find it some way!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
iPhone 4S. I'm still okay with it. I'm planning to upgrade soon though, but since most apps I use are still compatible, it can wait a little longer. :D

Years
I have a Samsung Galaxy Alpha. I got it in November, so I probably won't be changing for a while, but that's fine with me! It's actually really nice... though I really don't have much experience with smartphones. It meets my needs though, plus it has a pretty good camera and a tonne of apps that I could spend forever trying out.

Back