• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
I chose Squirtle in my first playthrough. Mainly because Squirtle is kyoot.
Other then that, I generally go for Bulbasaur now. I like using the not so popular starters ^_^;

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 11, 2020
In My very first game (Pokemon Blue) i picked Squirtle, in Leaf Green and Fire Red i usually picked Bulbasaur....Hard to tell witch one is more favorite to me,but if i had to pick i would pick Squirtle.
Also funny thing,my best friend always picked Charmender in all Games where its available,so we had some sort of Red Blue action going on :D

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
All 3 because I'm a ****ing gangsta like that.

Charmander for FR, Squirtle for LG, and Bulbasaur for a no catch run on FR. Good times man, good times.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 26, 2016
I've used all three on different playthroughs.
When I first got LeafGreen, I used Bulbasaur.
A few years later, I got FireRed and used Charmander. But I've also used Squirtle.

killer-curry

Oro.........?
Years
well charmander is my first pick because it is cute and it can evolve into charmeleon and charizard which has the most bad ass looking pokemon. I also used squirtle and bulbasaur too. These starters are the most classic and the best yet.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 24, 2015
I think bulbasaur has the most advantages over the gyms being supper effective against Misty, Brock and giovanni plus bulbasaur has a resistance to Surge and erica however squirtle and charmander have a lot more to offer outside of gyms.

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
I still picked Bulbasaur for my Firered run even though I picked it for Red too since it's just for the nostalgia.

YellowTemperance

DeDeDoodles™ by Kirby
Years
I choose Squirtle most of the time, but occasionally I'll do a run with Charmander so I can teach it Seismic Toss after a while. I don't like Bulbasaur much, so I don't use them at all.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
Charmander.

Yeah, I started with Charmander. Ever since I first played Red, I've made it a tradition to always pick the fire-type starters for every single one of my first play-throughs. I've played FR/LG using the other starters, but to be honest, I've never beaten the Elite Four using any of the other options. Just... never happened. Don't get me wrong, I like the other Kanto starters a lot, I just have my favorites. :>

Spacy

Visitor from beyond...
Years
Nowadays I choose bulbasaur because of it's type advantage against the first two gyms, but my very first starter was squirtle.

Apollo

怖がらないで
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 22, 2017
I think it was Charmander, but I've also recalled using Bulbasaur as well! I never made it past the second gym however, I was only about six or seven and didn't know what the hell I was doing back then. Quite a shame, child me would have probably jumped for joy when my Charmeleon finally evolved to a Charizard. :(

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2016
Squirtle. I like water type Pokémon so I chose it.

Back