• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
Years
so she's a thief, and normally they use fire types... but what about if she used a Dark/Fire type... Houndoom should be part of her team, but I'm only suggesting, what happens is entirely up to Zel
I agree, she should have a houndoom, maybe her team should be like Evil Surfing Pikachu, Shiny Charizard, Houndoom, Shiny Camrupt (he has black and yellow, pikachu colors!!!), Shiny Rapidash (it has black fire!), and then Shiny Arcanine (he's got yellow and black fur, also pikachu colors!!!).

347wg42.png

Of course the pikachu would be surfing

Of course, when i was doing this, i kept in mind that Ashlee's team has already been made because you fight her before you enter the cave on victory road if memory serves me. I also kept in mind that zel hasnt worked out the shiny script yet. I just thought It'd be cool for a thief to have this team.

Last edited:

rune the 1st

......................... .....
Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2008
that would be an too easy to beat team IMO
just need a ground/water to beat all of them
IMO it should be something like this pikachu shiny charizard swampert tyranitar Salamence and aipom/sceptile

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
Years
that would be an too easy to beat team IMO
just need a ground/water to beat all of them
IMO it should be something like this pikachu shiny charizard swampert tyranitar Salamence and aipom/sceptile

Well, not nescisarily, the E4 has themed teams, like in pearl the psychic dude is the hardest, so zel could like give them some moves to take out the pokemon that are effective against them. But the point of the team was to have a thief trainer's team because thieves usually have fire types, except TR, with some evil looking shinies plus the evil pikachu

EDIT: Dang Shuri, little harsh today, are you? J/K

Corrosion

Support Pokemon Amber!
Years
Yeah, i cant wait to try this on a flash card.
Can i ask, will this have trading capabilities? (Sorry if this has already been asked, i havent read through the entire thing)

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
Years
Yeah, i cant wait to try this on a flash card.
Can i ask, will this have trading capabilities? (Sorry if this has already been asked, i havent read through the entire thing)
Yes, up to beta 3.5 you can trade to Firered and Leafgreen for sure. I haven't tried trading to the Hoenn games but I think zel hasn't enabled the flag for that. Test it out with VBA link, see if it works. If it does, that's probably why Bill stopped you in Ecruteak. zel needed to do something with that event anyway. If not, he's probably gonna do something in Kanto. Wow, I've managed to ramble on about nothing! ^^

zel, take as much as a vacation as you want. No rush, just make sure you come back alright? Other hackers are never heard of again after their breaks. Good luck with the relaxation!

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
How will Kanto be set up? From what I heard, Zel used the Sevii Islands for Johto. I will Zel connect it to Viridian?

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
How will Kanto be set up? From what I heard, Zel used the Sevii Islands for Johto. I will Zel connect it to Viridian?

This is a Gold remake, which means there are not connections between Johto and Kanto except for the train station at Saffron and Goldenrod. The Sevii Islands are gone, obviously because they weren't in Gold Version.

Random

-
Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2008
Yes, up to beta 3.5 you can trade to Firered and Leafgreen for sure. I haven't tried trading to the Hoenn games but I think zel hasn't enabled the flag for that. Test it out with VBA link, see if it works. If it does, that's probably why Bill stopped you in Ecruteak. zel needed to do something with that event anyway. If not, he's probably gonna do something in Kanto. Wow, I've managed to ramble on about nothing! ^^

zel, take as much as a vacation as you want. No rush, just make sure you come back alright? Other hackers are never heard of again after their breaks. Good luck with the relaxation!

No, zel said he would enable that flag along at the time in getting the pokédex, only if he could figure it out though. Even though when you meet Bill in Ecruteak, if you ever notice that when go over to a PC, its stills said SOMEONE'S PC in bill's spot, but instead it should become BILL'S PC, cause you meet the guy. It's not a big deal of course, just though of mentioning it. Then again, zel could also try to figure out that flag as well as the ruby and sapphire flags.

This is a Gold remake, which means there are not connections between Johto and Kanto except for the train station at Saffron and Goldenrod. The Sevii Islands are gone, obviously because they weren't in Gold Version.

Marz, i think ASHYLEGS wants to know how will zel build Johto(Sevii Islands) in Kanto, its possible, zel just needs to change and add warps, so you can enter Viridian from the Indigo Plateau like a snap. :)

zak

xpert trainer
Years
hmmmmmm

Zel... jsut wondering about flight postitions and stuf.... coz you made johto in seve islands flight postitions are messed up ,are you going to add more? if its even possible, ive made a loada scratch maps in my hack and havent worked out how to make more flight postitions :(

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Back with more answers... I wish I were in a vacation, but that's far from be true... ToT (Studying, studying...)

Uhm,I saw your video.And why don't you change Lance as a "Champion" instead of EliteTrainer?Because Lance is the Champion of Johto,I hope you mind it.
And can you improve the Gold's sprite when he doing both surfing and fishing?I don't want it to be like this:
PokemonShinyGold.png

Two Gold on a Lapras???
Ok,bye.And good luck to you and your great hack!

EDIT1:Will you increase level of the E4's Pokemon?In the original game,they are too weak.A champion like Lance maybe should have some lv.65->70 pokemon,huh?

About the name "EliteTrainer", sorry, I can't name him "Champion" because if I name him that, he gets the Champion's music, however, he also gets our Rival's name instead of "Lance". So, I could overwrite any other trainer classification, but, then again, he would get the normal trainer battle music, and I prefer to give him the music from the Elite4 battles. Once again, I'm not used to dealing with music, and music changes for trainers.
And the surfing sprite, well, I don't want to fix that, because to fix it, it should be deleted completely, and started once again. Of course, no way I want to do that.
And, if you want a strong E4, you just need to play SGX. Everyone knows that.

hey zel, maybe you mentioned it in your last post (i mainly skimmed) and you probably aready know, you've got will and karens over-world sprites switched. Are you gonna fix it before the new beta comes??

Overworld sprites assignment is temporary. Karen and Will still need to be done, so I assigned them anything.

Hey zel are you going to make a second wave of the elite 4? or elitetrainer..

Yes, I just need to know how to modify their lineups (I need to find their locations in hex), since that can't be done using PET.

Anyways, zel. Why did you change the names to EliteTrainers instead of keeping Elite Four? And what do you mean by the E4 rooms will be definitive in B4, but not in the final version of the game? I'm lost about that.

EDIT: Zel, edit the first post, one of flipboi's banners got removed from ImageShack due to high bandwidth usage.

marz, didn't I said it when I posted? Because that way I could "change the class" of a trainer to classify him/her as "EliteTrainer" and they'd get the E4's battle music. That's the way I'm doing that kind of things to handle the trainer's battle music, unless there's another way.
And, the E4 rooms tilesets are not defitive for the final version. They'll look as in the video in B4, but most likely, I'll change a few things if I think they need to be changed.
And I'll remove a few banners, time to renew things, anyway

W00t! 100pages!! Also, i dont recognise the music in ecruteak city, where is it from?
That trainer building in viridian would make a great place for making a place to train against pogeys your level?
Like a battle tower where you can gain experience.

The music in Ecruteak is the music from the SS.Anne in FireRed.
And, I don't know what "pogeys" means, but, I guess it'll be a good place to train, however there'll be better places as you advance more in Kanto.

Page 100 ShinyGold rules!How many areas do you think you'll have when your done?

Who knows? :P

In the end, it's all just timed palette changes. One lighter one, one normal one, and one darker one. I guess, if zel could figure that out, maybe...

Hmmm... So far, two options:

Either I handle things with warps, and I'd need to do two versions of every single town/city/route map, using different tilesets, so the warp would warp you to one of the two versions depending on a timed flag, or so. This would be the wackiest idea ever (not to mention the pain to do it, and that it would be crappy having to warp a lot of times...) But that's the closest to "timed palette changing" you were saying, because there's no way to deal with the palettes through scripting.

Or, I would need to handle things with Trigger scripts checking that timed flag, and would setweather to a bit dark weather. That's another crappy idea, and may not work really good, because you'd need to have triggering scripts everywhere when you came out of a house,etc. to start investigating again. (May use the Maps level scripts, but unfortunately, they are pain, if not impossible to edit)

So far these are the options. Sorry, but you always talk about things as if they are too easy, but I wanted to show that it's not all "pink colour" :P

Great hack Zel! The X version of it has some funky things though... for example, north of Goldenrod city I see copies of my sprite on the trees, and some of the pokemon levels are normal, while the ones around it are augmented (for example, the rocket executive's houndoom is about 10 lvls lower than the rest of his pkmn.) I'm sure these have already been mention because I've only been following this for a short time, but that's all I have to report

Yes, a few things have already been said about glitches, but I didn't know about the Houndoom, oh well, since I'll have to redo the battles once again for when I finish B4 and start editing for SGX's B4, things will get weird again and again, jojo!

Unfortunately, her team has already been set. Well, just two hints about it (and this will not start a guessing competition people! Don't want to!!! Leave that for yourself!)
1-She has a themed lineup (guess by her name)
2-chibaymaga has two corrects (and one of them is the obvious Pikachu)

Kanto's connected as always, by Routes 27/26. Also you can get there by using the Ship, or by the train (however the Routes connection won't really show up you being in Kanto, and the rest are just warps that make you automatically switching between Kanto and Johto, or the Islands, as they look now)

Zel... jsut wondering about flight postitions and stuf.... coz you made johto in seve islands flight postitions are messed up ,are you going to add more? if its even possible, ive made a loada scratch maps in my hack and havent worked out how to make more flight postitions :(

Scizz' answers into this matter was that we can do it by repointing the flight positions table to a place with free space, so then, we can copy that table, and add our stuff at the end (if I remember correctly) Ehmmm... Well, I want to do as I can with what I have... lol :D

That's all people, I have gone a bit too far hanging around and posting, so it's time to punish myself with some good hours of studying... NoOoOoOo... :(

BlueSonic

Banned
Years
Nice Hack zel! I've been keeping my eye on this one!
BTW, i've been testing the combatibility of trading with Shiny Gold.
Leaf Green & Fire Red work fine, Still not sure about Ruby & Sapphire.
Good Luck ^_^

Argent Crusader

Isn't Falstad dead?
Years
About the video Zel... Why you do not try change some useless people overworlds to the Characthers ones? And changing the Will Room´s tiles is not a bad idea, but, the video still amazing, you are so far in the game, congratulations!

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
Years
About the video Zel... Why you do not try change some useless people overworlds to the Characthers ones? And changing the Will Room´s tiles is not a bad idea, but, the video still amazing, you are so far in the game, congratulations!
He probably will after he's done what actually matters. If you mean like the Gym Leaders and E4 people, he doesn't have GBA overworlds for them yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back