• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Yes, yes, when I said "I inserted all of the Pokemon that I had to", then that includes all the ones that are massive looking, or the ones that are legendaries. I cannot show everything because I really cant be wasting some time till I reach those areas.
Spoiler:

I'm gonna need to touch a few scripts, now that I've inserted these new overworlds (for example, since now I have a Dragonite for Lance, there will be some fixes on Mahogany's event), but I'll probably do all those touches when I restart my game in the bug fixing.

sirboulevard: I'll consider your suggestion about Lugia, it's true that it looks a bit off.

drevilm: I cant say why (you'd know if you played the game), but Jirachi's OW is not needed :P

shadoweevee: That is its sleeping sprite, cause, it's sleeping (it even shows it breathing while asleep :)), when you use the Pokeflute, it'll change into its stand up sprite (and attack in a bad mood...)

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 5, 2023
Hey zel!

OMGWTFFTWBBQ!

lol.

Hahaha. Awesome work on those OW. I just love this project. Can't wait to see them in action :O.

Best of Luck in the hack and in the Uni too. XD

See you.

P.S. By the way, how did you insert those?
:O
Did you repoint the OW size?
Are they various OWs formed with different frames?
Or you can't tell? xD

Ryousha

Waiting for Gen 4 Remakes
Years
Zel,
You need to change the backpack sprite when opening it for the boy and female...

numbers in UnLZ 106 and 107.

shadoweevee

Are you still there?
Years
shadoweevee: That is its sleeping sprite, cause, it's sleeping (it even shows it breathing while asleep :)), when you use the Pokeflute, it'll change into its stand up sprite (and attack in a bad mood...)

Oh ok then that sounds better then just a sleeping sprite

Shiun Enshidia

The Demon Nicknamer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 29, 2020
Hmm...
I love the music themes. They are so well done, stay true to the original but sound fresh at the same time.
However, when using Mystery Dungeon Sprites for the actual legendaries...I'm sorry but they look really, REALLY bad. It looks like an old N64 graphic plastered over the top.
Still, it's your hack so do what you will.

Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2009
Some issues I just remembered:

1st attached screenshot: Talking to the side of the door in the Mahogany Rocket Hideout acts like you're looking at a computer.

2nd and 3rd screenshots: I'm not sure if it's a bug or not, but with Jess and Jamie, was Jess supposed to be the male and Jamie the female? If so, it seems that their names/genders switched during the S.S. Aqua segment. There may have been more examples than the screens I attached.

JJK

The chase is about to begin...
Years
ok my bad (mispelling) :p

zel when i asked about the starters and the evolutions i didn't want to ask about the starers evolutions (that would be dumb :p ), i wanted to ask about EEVEElutions, the 5 evolutions of EEVEE. Are they all obtainable in B5 (in the same game of course)?
BTW will the other johto starters be available in the game in later versions (like pkmn yellow)?
And fossil pokes?

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2014
wow, sprites looks just amazing. Snorlax has animation?(I bet you were inspired by Pokemon Naranja event with Snorlax ^^ )
NOTE4: Meh, I noticed I could use another sprite for when the dogs escape... -_- ... -_- ... -_-
Do you mean that dogs would stand with normal sprites but when they are aweken and starts to escape they have other sprites (from md of course)? It would just rox. Maybe before they are aweken you will make their sprites grey (since they are statues) ? When jumping you would use different sprites (the ones where they are angry) with colors.
What about that Amph in lighthouse ? He also should be changed since he is taller than humans. And I agree that Lugia OW could be improved (reflection in water)...

Last edited:

ksunwoo6

Working on PKMN OI...
Years
So, I could take this screenshots about the legendaries with the savestates I had with me. I dont really want to spend more time playing the game just to reach a part with another legendary -_-

battlevshooheo4.png
battlevslugiazl1.png
blockingsnorlaxnu2.png
runningdogsmn8.png

NOTE1: I think Ho-oh's wings' tips are green, but I just didnt have a green close, so blue they will be.
NOTE2: Snorlax is eating a bit of the tree, yeah, I think I just need to fix the tile with the Block Editor, so it's not a big problem (BTW, it's funny 'cause I made Snorlax look as if he's sleeping... ^^)
NOTE3: Dont wonder what that guy is doing around the dogs, it's just that I warped myself there and the flag that removed him wasn't activated :P
NOTE4: Meh, I noticed I could use another sprite for when the dogs escape... -_- ... -_- ... -_-

Wow. I like all the sprites... Except the Ho-Oh and Lugia... I don't think it;s a good idea because well, first of all, it's too big, and dosen't fit, and if you really want to put the big - sprite, you might need to put the walking sprite... because it'll be weird if it just moves,,, and stuff...

Anyways. You always inspired me.
Well, I'm not that good at hacking, actually. I tried to script. I really did everything, everything right. But I just dunno what to do when I'm activating the script in Advance Map. Ah well, anyway. Good Luck.

Nicolas

O c t o j a R e j s t r o m
Years
was Jess supposed to be the male and Jamie the female?

Nope... Jess is the female and Jamie is the Male... It seems appropriate that their names are like that, its more suitable... anyway nice sprites there Zel! Keep it up!^^

XxOblivion77

All-Around Gamer
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2014
Hey, what's best way to make money in this game?

I need some more Full Restores and Revives. ._.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Hey zel!

OMGWTFFTWBBQ!

lol.

Hahaha. Awesome work on those OW. I just love this project. Can't wait to see them in action :O.

Best of Luck in the hack and in the Uni too. XD

See you.

P.S. By the way, how did you insert those?
:O
Did you repoint the OW size?
Are they various OWs formed with different frames?
Or you can't tell? xD

Ah, now that reminds me that all that stuff of the OW changing (specially the matter of resizing) was thanks to a tutorial posted by Peyi on WAH. There was something that I had to figure out on my own at the end, but it's really helpful. You probably know about it, but if someone doesnt know and want to check it out it's this one: http://wah.studiopokemon.com/manualeshr/minis-agrandar.php, since the tutorial is in Spanish you may need to translate it to your language.

Now, to answer the question, I had repointed the new sprites (with their new sizes) to empty zones, so expect the next ips patch to be a bit bigger than usual :P

Zel,
You need to change the backpack sprite when opening it for the boy and female...

numbers in UnLZ 106 and 107.

Is that really necessary? -_-
What do the rest of the people think?

Hmm...
I love the music themes. They are so well done, stay true to the original but sound fresh at the same time.
However, when using Mystery Dungeon Sprites for the actual legendaries...I'm sorry but they look really, REALLY bad. It looks like an old N64 graphic plastered over the top.
Still, it's your hack so do what you will.

Yeah, but I guess most of the comments about that were possitive so I'm sticking with them. Just a matter of opinions, probably.

ok my bad (mispelling) :p

zel when i asked about the starters and the evolutions i didn't want to ask about the starers evolutions (that would be dumb :p ), i wanted to ask about EEVEElutions, the 5 evolutions of EEVEE. Are they all obtainable in B5 (in the same game of course)?
BTW will the other johto starters be available in the game in later versions (like pkmn yellow)?
And fossil pokes?

Yeah, I think Espeon and Umbreon are the earliest to get. The others may take a while as the basic Elemental Stones are not easy to find. All of the five can be gotten in B5.

As I always say, all of the Pokemon will be obtainable at the end of the game, and that includes the starters you left behind. And fossils as well, but for that, there'll be a mini-game I'll talk about another day.

wow, sprites looks just amazing. Snorlax has animation?(I bet you were inspired by Pokemon Naranja event with Snorlax ^^ )

Do you mean that dogs would stand with normal sprites but when they are aweken and starts to escape they have other sprites (from md of course)? It would just rox. Maybe before they are aweken you will make their sprites grey (since they are statues) ? When jumping you would use different sprites (the ones where they are angry) with colors.
What about that Amph in lighthouse ? He also should be changed since he is taller than humans. And I agree that Lugia OW could be improved (reflection in water)...

I meant that I could have used the side sprite for Suicune and Raikou, but since I'm so cheap, I've just inserted their front sprite (as Nintendo did, by the way :P), but I guess I can insert their side sprites as well, even if they'll never be used again.

Ehhhmmm... Maybe I could make them look as statues, it's not hard to do, but well, I'll think about it.

About Ampharos, I didnt change it because, I took a liking to the sprite I drew on my own... ^o^

Wow. I like all the sprites... Except the Ho-Oh and Lugia... I don't think it;s a good idea because well, first of all, it's too big, and dosen't fit, and if you really want to put the big - sprite, you might need to put the walking sprite... because it'll be weird if it just moves,,, and stuff...

Well, Ho-oh and Lugia are pretty big compared in size against humans, so, it's not like they look that bad in my opinion. And since Lugia doesnt really move in GSC, it doesnt need another sprite, while Ho-oh does, and that's why I inserted the sprite where it moves its wings (but since it's just a screenshot, I cannot show the movement)

Hey, what's best way to make money in this game?

I need some more Full Restores and Revives. ._.

It's weird because I'm not used to have monetary problems, but that must be because I tend to not buy anything and use PCs often :P

Probably the best is to get rematches, the better and harder the rematch, the higher the prize, I think. Though this way may not be the fastest way. My advice for you is to not waste your money during the game, save it for when you really need it.
By the way, in the X version trainers give higher ammounts of money.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Hey zel looks like its up again. Beta 6 looks like one hell of a thing to wait for and I luv you. I mean the hack I love the hack. Not you. Anywho looks like you added new sprites. Also I found jirachi. WOOOOOHOOOOOO!

shinygoldash

bagel-meister ;)
Years
1. Ho-oh could be gliding in the air.
2. Lugia don't move.

Spoiler:

JJK

The chase is about to begin...
Years
well zel about the legends pics (what a freakin policy of no urls or pics til 15 posts, EVEN IN QUOTES!)

-well the dogs look GREAT the only thing keeping them from perfection would be to them extremespeed themselves out of the tower nstead of bunny hopping
-with ho-oh just use that mystery dungeon sprite
-ah.. unless i forgot what a head is, i dont think snorlax is EATING the tree, instead it looks like he's "realesing body pressure" on it
-and lugia... i gotta be honest, it loooks like the great snow man... (and in R\S\E its eyebrows are black, not blue)

i got another suggestion to make... well its not mine its from a friend of mine who plays diamond, but i think its acceptable (sort of, i never played any DS game :p he'll kill me if i dont ask this)
D\P pokes will NOT be inserted, but as you said you have some extra slots for pokes, how about 4th generations pookes DIRECTLY linked to the other present ones e.g. mantyke? (BTW how many slots are there left just curiosity? 14 to make 400?)

XxOblivion77

All-Around Gamer
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2014
I have a question...

Spoiler:

Years
I have a question...

Spoiler:

1.If you mean the huge rock, then you can't move it. (Don't even use a cheat code to get through)
2. Ho-oh, Entei, Raikou, Suicune, Celebi, and Jirachi. (I think that's all of them)

spaceboy827

BTing and hacking, fun stuff
Years
hey zel, random question that may be a lil' selfish
r u going to sell the final version or is it already patened by nintendo?
and i think the opening male and female pics or w/e r fine

Back