• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[Discussion] RMXP Player for Android

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2024
Very good project! I love to have my game avaliable for Android! I wishes good luck!

Now I need guys with more technical knowledge to help me, so that together we can realize playing ZetaOmciron (and other Pokémon games) on Android
Theoretically, we can play RPG Maker XP games rewriting the RGSS player for running using Android NDK and C++. C++ is natively supported on iOS, so a iOS RGSS Player is possible. There also cross platform soluctions like Embarcadero.

However, Essentials uses Win32API, that it's almost impossible to Android emulates, so all the devs (or the base kit) need to handle exceptions when these functions aren't executed. To test if you game works without Win32API, use the line 'Object.send(:remove_const, :Win32API)'.

H.Lecter

Two-dimensional
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2015
Very good project! I love to have my game avaliable for Android! I wishes good luck!

Theoretically, we can play RPG Maker XP games rewriting the RGSS player for running using Android NDK and C++. C++ is natively supported on iOS, so a iOS RGSS Player is possible. There also cross platform soluctions like Embarcadero.

However, Essentials uses Win32API, that it's almost impossible to Android emulates, so all the devs (or the base kit) need to handle exceptions when these functions aren't executed. To test if you game works without Win32API, use the line 'Object.send(:remove_const, :Win32API)'.

Thank you for your answer.

I am a real tech noob therefore my questions can be a little bit stupid.

What does impossible mean? Do really think it is not possible? What does the app developper has to do to try to support it?

Is there anyone who does an other RGSS player solution? Is that a more promissing way in getting Pokemon games on Android?

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2024

I am a real tech noob therefore my questions can be a little bit stupid.

What does impossible mean? Do really think it is not possible? What does the app developper has to do to try to support it?

Is there anyone who does an other RGSS player solution? Is that a more promissing way in getting Pokemon games on Android?

It's possible but with a titanic effort. It's like making something like Wine for Android, something that replicates the Windows functions for every command/system call. And even Wine isn't perfect and can't play midis, for example.

Handle with exceptions of missing Win32API is a very easier way. The dev (or base quit), just need to do a basic way of handle exceptions, something like reading the user system language example below:

Code:
begin  
  # Win32API way of reading the language
rescue  
  # Android way of reading the language or a placeholder value  
end

Wine for Android is making progress too.

H.Lecter

Two-dimensional
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2015

If thats the case it's pointless to ask the developper of Neko RPGXP Player do anything because I can't ask him something wis such a big effort.

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
Years
So is this going to be working anytime in the near future? This would be a serious benefit to all of our games, I would love to play RMXP-based Pokemon games on my phone.

PinkCatDragon

The 17 year old programer. Now byte off
Years

Or since rgss is bulit on ruby. you could map it to excute win32apis to there andriod equliants

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2024
Or since rgss is bulit on ruby. you could map it to excute win32apis to there andriod equliants
For EVERY win32api command at Windows? Not all can be emulated correctly, specially some OS details like priority. Also, since there are too many commands (and Essentials uses far more than 10 different ones), this may take a huge amount of time.

Last edited:

H.Lecter

Two-dimensional
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2015
That does not sound good.

For it seems that we have to wait for Wine being further developed.

PinkCatDragon

The 17 year old programer. Now byte off
Years
Wine Andriod? i cant see that working to well. the archinature is too diffrent wine on andriod would be able to ARM or PowerPC windows programs. most of the ones for that are rubbish at best. i couldn't even install firefox the last time i used a ppc windows

H.Lecter

Two-dimensional
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2015
I am a tech noob in those things, but I know it is in development, for knowing which progess it makes just Google it, cause I can't give you further information.

Back