• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Odyssey Episodes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waudby

I agree, I've been having some brilliant ideas lately which i've been writing down which I hope to have added in before the first release, so please bare with me until it's done, obviously there will be big updates along the way :D

Atomic Reactor

Rhuan, will you help with a Linux version to?
You just said youll post a mac version...
I hope you will do linux also :|

Waudby

A linux game should be easy enough to do, I just need to get someone with the linux version of Sphere and have them package with my game.

Rhuan

Sphere scripter
Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2010
Rhuan, will you help with a Linux version to?
You just said youll post a mac version...
I hope you will do linux also :|
Sorry, I don't have linux, it's just a case of following these instructions to get sphere running on your linux box: http://www.spheredev.org/wiki/Sphere:Latest#Linux (hopefully, I know linux machines can vary a lot) and then sticking waudby's game folder in the folder called games inside the sphere folder. If you have linux surely you're tinker minded enough to do that.

My thing with making a mac version is that I have web space and a mac, so can upload sphere-mac with wuadby's game all ready in place.

Atomic Reactor

Hmm, alrighty. I suppose I'll cross that bridge when we get to it :]

Rhuan

Sphere scripter
Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2010
If you have a linux box, see if you can get sphere running on it now, why wait?

Atomic Reactor

Cause I dont have wireless internet on my laptop.
I'll have to wait for this weekend to download it :]

Waudby

I dont know why i havn't posted here yet, i like the way the game is going and im glad all the tile trouble has been resolved

You and me both :P

I'm still working on the battle system as we speak and it's going well, i've slightly changed the way that I am handling the moves and stuff.

I've taken a look at the source code to Essentials does certain bits and it's almost the same way things I am doing them.

However coding new attacks and effects for moves should be slightly more straight forward for me :)

Waudby

Just to let people know what I'm working on.

I'm currently upgrading the battle system to what i'm calling v3 lol, this newer system is a lot better than the older versions and handles things very similarly to Essentials...

Which brings me onto my next point.

I may possibly release a version of Odyssey without all my storyline events and graphics but with all the coded features of a basic Pokémon game.

Think of it as a starter kit if you will. However, this is still a way off yet so don't expect to much too soon.

Novus

The English Kiwi
Years
Wow, a Pokemon starter kit for Sphere, that'll be awesome.It'll really help me as I'm planning to make a Pokemon game on Sphere and coding is just beyond me.
The game looks great, keep up the good work.

Waudby

Hopefully everything will go to plan between now and then.

Work on the battle system is really picking up, this is the first time i've really looked into replicated it properly. Status Effects are now coded in, as well as status changing moves. Flinching works and so does move disabling. All in all the weekend was very productive.

I have around 140 moves now in the game. I still need to code in the checks for things like Protect and safeguard etc though.

Screenshots coming soon.

Waudby

Give 'em to meh nao u nilly witted pauper D:<

Okay since you asked in such a polite way here's two preview shots of Fly and Sky Attack being used by my Pidgey :D

screenshot%202009.03.01%2013.39.19.0601.png
screenshot%202009.03.01%2016.14.27.0993.png

Battle Animations still haven't been done which is why Pidgey hasn't exactly flown up high :P

I'm considering reverting back to using the D/P style battle boxes instead of the Pl ones, but what do people think?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
Beautiful James :D
Although, here's a quick idea.

Would it be possible for the battle box to change colours based upon your Pokemon's colour palette? :o
It seems like it would be a pretty neat idea.

Waudby

looks cool, but the pokemon placement look a little off.

Yeah the placement is still being worked on. But it will be improved when I get round to the rendering side of things.

Beautiful James :D
Although, here's a quick idea.

Would it be possible for the battle box to change colours based upon your Pokemon's colour palette? :o
It seems like it would be a pretty neat idea.

Hmm it's something that could be looking into actually, it would be quite easy to find the most occurring colours on the image and replace a grayscaled version of the box with the common colours. I may look into this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back