• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Favorite place on Sinnoh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flakey Bear

Just watch it.
Years
For me it's Hearthome City. The addition of a contest venue and strolling with a chosen Pokémon is pretty good and the Ghost gym is pretty challenging.

Now how about you? What's your favorite place on Sinnoh? It can be also said for towns, routes, caves, etc.

Years
Oh, man. I honestly love the entire region. Every town has its own special charm, but one thing that is truly stunning and that totally blew me away is Distortion world

The music, ambient, scenery, surroundings, mystery. It is a perfect mix of all mentioned. my.absolutely.favorite.place.
And I love the story behind it. Amazing.

distortion-world.jpg

Years
For me it's Floaroma Meadow, Solceon Town and the Canalave Library :)

The Meadow is just soo pretty, all those flowers and the honey tree (I was a bit obsessed with the honey trees back when I was playing Diamond lol), and just a really peaceful place :)

I like the atmosphere of Solaceon Town, as well as the Day Care centre actually being in the town and also the wee newspaper office where you could help out the editor :)

Canalave Library because I love books and am in the library a lot myself in real life, I actually wouldn't mind being a librarian one day so naturally I find Canalave's to be appealing lol :)

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I really loved a lot of Sinnoh towns. Canalave City had a nice feeling to it, along with Snowpoint and Sunyshore. I have to agree with XtinalsMeLuvinWWE, Floaroma Meadow is also really pretty. Ugh, I can't decide, there's too many places I like u_u

Hmm, this time though, I think I'll pick Jubilife City. It seems upbeat but not too crazy like Castelia or Lumiose.

Kelton2

Yes, That One
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 19, 2015
Floaroma Meadow as way back when I played Diamond as my first Pokemon game I used to think for some reason that it alternated between being and not being in the game (yeah weird I know) so that place always reminds me of that :P
Distortion World looks awesome though- but it's not in Sinnoh.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 26, 2023
Floaroma Town. I based my entire town in AC:NL off of that cute little place. I love the little store in town. I love Floaroma Meadow, I love the music.. I just adore every aspect of that place!

Every time I get to that point in the game, I can't help but smile. It just makes me so happy. It's not just my favorite place in Sinnoh, I believe it's finally become my favorite area in the games in general. Yes, it's small with not as much to write home about as some of the other towns, (especially later in the games where the graphics got better), but it's just..ahh. I love it.

(´・◡・`) Okay, my little one-girl nerdfest is over now. T-T

La Espada

Captain Ressentiment
Years
Routes 216 and 217. It has my favorite route music of all generations and as far as I remember, they are the only routes to feature snow which is something I've never seen in real life because of where I live.

blue

gucci
Years
Sinnoh definitely had a bunch of great areas and towns, particularly my favourite being Hearthome City due to the fact that it really did feel like the heart of Sinnoh.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 19, 2014
I liked Hearthome City a lot because of how many things you could do. One could go stroll with their Pokemon in a park, make poffins, or enter contests.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
Snowpoint City, definitely. I've said this a bunch of times, but I have a fascination with snow. It's just beautiful, seeing a place covered by it. Snowpoint City, if I recall correctly, is the first Pokemon main game city to feature snow, and it's the home of my favourite Gym Leader, Candice, and has memorable locations and events like that troll Haunter trade and the Snowpoint Temple. I also like the Distortion World a lot because it's the opposite of what a Pokemon game should contain - it's a dark, twisted world, which has something that could very well be the Pokemon equivalent of Satan in it.

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
Years
Distortion World would definitely top my list. Pokemon games had never seen anything like it. It made good use of the DS' graphical capabilities at that time, and the puzzle element as well and the ability to look at the world from a different perspective just really wowed me when I first played Platinum. It's the main reason why I prefer it over Diamond or Pearl, because it offers a whole new chapter. I was genuinely sad when I had to leave the world even though it was so frustrating.

Years
I'd have to say Hearthome city. It's a nice area that is big, and the contest building is the place I love to go into. I love doing contests there as it allows me to dress up a Pokémon, even the favourite that I own which is adorable. Plus I like the idea of making poffins instead of obtaining them so I like the building in Hearthome city where they do that. Overall Hearthome city is just very beautiful and nice.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Flaroma town was really cute. Aesthetic wise is was really pretty too. The Distortion World looked sick, and pretty unique considering nothing like it had been done before in a Pokemon game, so that was cool. I also like Sunnyshore city; just having the beach and the Sun out 24/7. <3

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Snowpoint City sorry but I like ice types and its so "cool" there and its beautiful and I was like why isn't this the final badge it would have been cooler I mean who knows if your going to go to volkner for #8 then back to get to the league I thought it was dumb that they had it from that city :/

Years
I have to say Snowpoint City. The wintery environment combined with its very serene music made it such a beautiful place in Sinnoh, albeit it had my least fave Gym in the game. Floaroma Town was also very beautiful with its meadow of flowers, but Snowpoint definitely takes the cake.

Years
Sunyshore City for me. The solar paneled walkway was fun to go through, there was the lighthouse which sees out to the Pokémon League, ball seals, and it was right near the shoreline. It also had a cool Gym. Not to mention the rock that looks like a Munchlax :P

Years
Flaoroma Town / Meadow. OMG I loved this place. I always used to hang around there after I had beaten the game even though there wasn't much to do. Definitely one of my favorite places in all of pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I've always enjoy Sandgem Town, personally. Although it might be a small location--well, it's a town, and towns are always small and stuffed in Pokémon games--this is where Prof. Rowan's lab is, who, I believe, is the most famous professor of Sinnoh region. Also, it's got a beautiful beach right below, and its theme music is very soothing to the ear, I feel. Can't say if there's any other town I like as much as this.

Aside from Sandgem, I'm also a fan of Sunyshore City, due to how big and city-like it is; definitely lives up to its name. Similarly to above, this also has a nice theme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back