• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriter's Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acecaldwell01

Spriter
Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2019
Whooper for the head thing and the body is from charmander with a little scratch. I completely scratched the arms and most of the head. Thanks jm0913

Years
Please keep in mind that the Official Pokecommunity rules apply. That means no double posting (let alone quintuple posting) and please have at least 4 words and 25+ characters in your post.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
1436h.png

I'm in a Halloweeny mood....though this one was way out of my skill range. I need help with the mist stuff TTwTT

loucas

100% hot
Years
hi, this is my first pixel art i did just now, i'm new to this, and i appreciate your comments and suggestions about it :) this is Rein

EDIT:
been practicing with refences and came up to this new version of Rein -- the second attachment. :)

Last edited:
Years
1436h.png

I'm in a Halloweeny mood....though this one was way out of my skill range. I need help with the mist stuff TTwTT

The edges and lines of the Pumpkin are somewhat straight but not a huge problem. If you need help with the mist stuff, a very good idea is to look at Gastly sprites for an obvious reference.

The mist doesn't look as.. misty because it looks more like a chunk or a blob. A good way to stop this is to remove some dithering near the edges of the mist like so:

fazytu.jpg

---

Also, I added the link to the Pixel Art Terminology thread to the first post of this thread. I'll unstick the thread to have less stickies, but we'll always have a directory for it.

Years
Okay, so new to spriting, this is the first one I've really done. (I tried a couple of times before, had problems and quit. XD)

Basically, I just want to know if I'm going in the right direction...

Sorry it's attached, it didn't show up when I copied and pasted.
V+MafanzjTzX+AcQHMMxKrnJAAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Here's a little description, for fun.

Torbat, the cave light pokemon. (Fire)

For hikers and spelunkers, Torbats are signs of good luck. The ghostly flames on their ears light up even the darkest cavern.

loucas

100% hot
Years
hi, this is my first pixel art i did just now, i'm new to this, and i appreciate your comments and suggestions about it :) this is Rein

EDIT:
been practicing with refences and came up to this new version of Rein -- the second attachment. :)

just had them compared. o.O
i first pixel art suckx.

dr4g0n12(2)

INSURRECTION!!!!!
Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2014
This is my first scratch sprite that I thought was good enough to post.
It is some kind of fairy thing...

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
So, after lurking around in this forum for Arceus-knows-how-many-months, I decided to just pop in here and just kinda... show a sprite that I recently made and maybe hear from you guys about what I can do to improve it, or just change something about it in general.

fakemon_001_by_l0kiice-d5itnbh.png

loucas

100% hot
Years
just finished this a minute ago, it's pixel art for my fanmade trainer, Terl and Rein

reinbig.png

any thoughts? thank you!
first time to do this big, be kind XD

Years
Hello, everyone. I recently got into pixel art and decided to try pokemon. These are my first three originals. I know they are all flawed and I hope I can get some good critiques. I had fun drawing these three and will likely do more in the future.

The first is called Pacifly. It is a baby fly with a pacifier in it's mouth.
pacifly.png

The second is called Punkin. It is an adolescent pumpkin with an attitude I guess, haha.
punkinv.png

The last one is called Riomalu. It is either an evolution of Lucario or an alternate evolution of Riolu.
riomalou2.png

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
Feedback/Tips for improvement

This is the first sprite I have ever made, it is suppose to be ash but it didn't turn out too well :(
(BTW I know the top of his head is cut off, i'm gonna fix that)

Can I get some feedback on what you guys think? How can I improve this picture? I don't know much but creating sprites :(

Also even better, if anyone knows where I can find an Ash trainer sprite, let me know. I have been looking for a 3rd gen ashe trainer sprite everywhere but can't fine one :(

Years
27yivb.jpg

Here's a chicken that I've recently sprited. I figured some people around might want to see some stuff I do as well (but if no one does then that's cool too!). I'm really happy with the result, and some might've seen it already on my deviantART.

Years
Hey guys, just spamming up so I can actually post pictures of my sprites. Sorry!

You can at least provide some content or critique and have an actual post. Not one of those asdf posts. It's not hard. You can post anywhere. We wouldn't even know if you actually cared about the topic or not.

Pizzey

Shutter-Shaded Minccino
Years
27yivb.jpg

Here's a chicken that I've recently sprited. I figured some people around might want to see some stuff I do as well (but if no one does then that's cool too!). I'm really happy with the result, and some might've seen it already on my deviantART.

Oh wow! I love how grotesque-y it is :D I also really like the super dark shading style you used. Make it looks especially creepy.

Here's a revamp of Silver's Umbreon that I just finished:

umbrevamp.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back