• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Final Fantasy Fan Club

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I loved XII's battle system if only because you could set up your gambits and then just wander around with one hand on the controller and still destroy everything. It was so easy to multitask while playing that game, haha. Doesn't make for a very involved game though. :(

I think my favourite battle systems in the main FF series go XIII/XIII-2, X-2, and then XII. I really like the normal ATB as well but those three just felt a lot faster or more streamlined so I ended up preferring them. (I think my least favourite is X because turn based is really boring for me...)

Years
My patience has deteriorated over the years so my preference for ATB bars have changed, haha. I've mentioned it before I think, but I really loved the Sphere Grid in X, and that's the main reason why I wanted to play it; got around to it for the PS2 version, but never completed it. Since I watched my sister finish the game before I did, I already know what the ending is, but it's different experiencing the game for yourself rather than through someone else. X-2 was tolerable; it wasn't bad nor good, though I really wish they carried over the Sphere Grid concept into that one \: Would have made me feel more inclined to play.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
The ending of FF X actually made me so mad the first time I played it that I never actually got to the end because after beating Jecht I spent 3 hours trying to defeat the final-final-final boss and still couldn't do anything to beat it so I quit and went to grind a bunch. I think I've only got to the credits twice in that game and both times I just felt so accomplished like I never have before. I really like both ends of the spectrum because I like turn based systems like in X because I can look at the little scroll bar and see how my moves will affect the battle but I also like ATB games because it speeds up games and just feels better to play. But with the ATB system I really prefer the ones where I can control my characters movement if movement plays a role in attack range and such. Like sometimes in XIII or XIII-2 when I had someone set to Ravager, Sabateur, or Synergist they would rush right up to the enemy to use ranged or status inflicting moves which if I had control of them would be something I would make sure not to do.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
I couldn't even get passed Seymour Flux. D: I hated him so much. So, I never actually got a chance to beat the game. In fact, I'm so bad that I never had a chance to finish ANY Final Fantasy game for that matter. ><

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
You should try playing FF I. It's probably the easiest one there is with no real possible way to add variety to your team based on how you play. You just have to level everything up to 99 which is pretty easy if you go through the dungeons. Which are pretty linear.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
You should try playing FF I. It's probably the easiest one there is with no real possible way to add variety to your team based on how you play. You just have to level everything up to 99 which is pretty easy if you go through the dungeons. Which are pretty linear.

It'd probably bore me though. :/ I just need to level up my characters more, it seems. It shouldn't be that hard if I concentrate on it enough. I did try the expert mode on the remastered versions.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I don't know, the I and II Dawn of Souls remakes are a couple of my top games to play when I'm away from home.

Also, time for a new bi-weekly topic.

Who is your favorite boss battle and why? : Well I hold a certain bias towards FFX since it was my first and most favorite game, so I'm going to try to push away from that and choose Kefka from Final Fantasy VI. The character for one just gets me, he's just so awesome and messed up that I have to love him.
Spoiler:

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
Years
When it comes to favorite boss battle, mine would have to be the first boss battle against Exdeath in Final Fantasy V even though that battle is scripted. One reason why I like it is that you are using a character that can still fight at zero HP. Said character that can fight with zero HP is Galuf.

Years
I really liked the Chaos battle in the first Final Fantasy. The Dawn of Souls remake was the first FF game I actually completed, so that battle was pretty memorable.
I was so freaked out every time he cast a spell, mainly because the animations made his attacks look so overpowered.

Years
Never had a favourite boss of any sort, even from this series, because I hate all bosses as they get in my way XD Though if I had to give an answer, I'd have to say Ultimecia from VIII because together with the story, and everything essentially revolving around her, the character she portrays was, in my opinion, good in terms of a final boss. Other than that, there's nobody else who comes to mind.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Favourite boss...? I can't really think of any boss fights I immensely enjoyed. Maybe some of the latter missions in FFXIII because they got pretty intense and were among the few times the battle system got difficult to handle.

My favourite boss character? Hmm. Probably Kefka for the reason Oaka mentioned.
Spoiler:

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Username: Genesis

Topic answer: My favorite boss is Kefka hands down, he's just so evil and powerful :3

Final Fantasy games you've owned: Final Fantasy IV, V, VI(GBA)/ Final Fantasy IV - The Complete Collection, Crisis Core - Final Fantasy VII(PSP)/ Final Fantasy VII(PSX Eboot)

Choose a FF character to represent you (optional): Zack Fair

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
These side-topics sound oddly familiar
Username: Chuckles
Topic answer: Bahumat, because your fighting a dragon.
What is your favorite FF game?: 6 or 3
Who is your favorite protagonist?: Cecil Harvey
Who is your favorite antagonist?: Gilgamesh
Do you prefer the original games or the remakes?: Gameboy Advance Remakes over the mobile remakes.
Do you like the original medieval volumes or the newer modern volumes?: Original
What is your favorite spin off game?: Chocobo one
Do you think the series is dying?: Yep
Do you plan to play FF realm reborn or are you already playing it?: Played Beta, I give it 5 years and the servers will shut down
What do you think about FF XV? Do you think it'll be better than previous ones or the same old "junk" the past couple of releases have been?:
Do you think Cloud killed Aerith by drowning her by accident because he presumed she was dead?: He drowned her
Do you want the 4 heroes of light tradition to come back?: Yes
What was the hardest boss to defeat?: Cloud of Darkness
When did you find the series?: When I was a child, Dragon Quest/Warrior showed me it
What was your first Final Fantasy game?: Final Fantasy 4, with cecil and stuff
What kind of spin-off games would you like to see in the future? Should they do another Kingdom Hearts type collaborative game?: Another Chocobo game
Final Fantasy games you've owned: All of them
Choose a FF character to represent you (optional): Palom

Last edited:
Years
Username: edwardo999
Topic Answer: Braska's Final Aeon. The cut-scene before it and the fight itself felt so momentous compared to the rest of the game that it stayed in my mind for a while. Plus, I killed him in two attacks, so it was a kinda awesome moment for me. xD Sad I didn't get to see his Overdrive though. :/
Final Fantasy Games I've owned: I&II:Dawn of Souls(PSP), III(DS), IV(PS1), V(PS1), VI(PS1), VII(PS1), VIII(PS1), IX(PS1), X(PS2), X-2(PS2), XII(PS2), XIII(PS3), XIII-2(PS3), VII: Crisis Core(PSP), VII: Dirge of Cerberus(PS2), XII: Revenant Wings(DS), Dissidia 012 Duodecim(PSP, Crystal Chronicles:Ring of Fates(DS), and Chocobo Tales(DS)
Character to represent me: Warrior of Light

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Username: edwardo999
Topic Answer: Braska's Final Aeon. The cut-scene before it and the fight itself felt so momentous compared to the rest of the game that it stayed in my mind for a while. Plus, I killed him in two attacks, so it was a kinda awesome moment for me. xD Sad I didn't get to see his Overdrive though. :/
Final Fantasy Games I've owned: I&II:Dawn of Souls(PSP), III(DS), IV(PS1), V(PS1), VI(PS1), VII(PS1), VIII(PS1), IX(PS1), X(PS2), X-2(PS2), XII(PS2), XIII(PS3), XIII-2(PS3), VII: Crisis Core(PSP), VII: Dirge of Cerberus(PS2), XII: Revenant Wings(DS), Dissidia 012 Duodecim(PSP, Crystal Chronicles:Ring of Fates(DS), and Chocobo Tales(DS)
Character to represent me: Warrior of Light

Which warrior of light? Knight, Black mage, White Mage, Red Mage, Warrior, Monk, Thief, Ninja, Master, Black Wizard, White Wizard, or Red Wizard?

Years
He might mean the Warrior of Light from Dissidia. At least, that's what I think of when I hear "Warrior of Light".

Spoiler:

In other news, I bought FFX off of Amazon. The PS2 version. I'm still getting the X/X-2 HD version, but I don't have a PS3 yet, so I decided to try out the original first. I know next to nothing about the game, and I've heard very good things about it, so I figured why not?

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Ah I see, I wouldn't have thought that since I haven't played Dissidia yet...which is why either this weekend or next I'm going out to get a Vita and then go on a buying spree and get all of the Final Fantasy games that are available and then have even less of a life than I do now. I've been really looking forward to being able to play the remastered version of X/X-2 so I hope you have fun too. ^.^

Years
I did mean Dissidia Warrior of Light, sorry for not specifying. xD
I still need to go and get the X and X-2 remaster, if only for the fact that I love getting PS3 Trophies. Also, I need to try and actually complete the Final Fantasy games I own. I always end up getting distracted somehow. xD

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I did mean Dissidia Warrior of Light, sorry for not specifying. xD
I still need to go and get the X and X-2 remaster, if only for the fact that I love getting PS3 Trophies. Also, I need to try and actually complete the Final Fantasy games I own. I always end up getting distracted somehow. xD

It's alright. And I know how you feel. I still haven't beat FF III because for one leveling is so tedious and second it's handheld and for some reason I just have trouble playing handheld games. If the game is on a console then I'm fine, if it's on a laptop I'm fine, if I'm playing a DS or PSP or Ipod or anything like that, it'll take me forever to beat a game. I actually just stayed up all night last night trying to finish FF III froom a new game, I only got to level 14 in like 5 and a half hours.

Back