• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

martijn

HeartGold & Collosseum
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 28, 2016
*Amazed at how people are starting to know what I'd answer*
What'd you expect with a thread of 16 pages long? :P

XD003 said:
It's REALY Coming This Weekend? Please Say Yes, This Is The Best Gold Remake I have Ever Played (Considering The Fact That This Is The Only One That Has Gone Farther Then Violet City).
If zel says so then yes (and he says so :D).

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Yes, this weekend (may be Saturday, may be Sunday). Sorry if I dont extend my post, just feeling a bit ill today... :(

Screenshots:

95921951.png
11492644.png
27144510.png

fedex_sc_14

FeDeX
Years
Wow!
Is amazing!You are the best in Remakes!
Well, i wait the beta and Good Luck with the third(?) beta or with you are working.

Sorry for my english!
Im Argentine!

Blackandy

Rock On!
Years
You can find the 1st beta in the first post of this thread, 2nd beta is still yet to come out but it will soon;) and nice new screens zel:)

Superkid11

Covered in Shroomish
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 2, 2016
Just one question... will we be able to continue our save games from the first beta or will we have to start over?
Yeah we'd see all the new stuff you worked on if we start over but I am proud of my current team... has a Flaafy on it. :) (Although it didn't occur to me to go to the south route to get one so I used a Codebreaker code on the route to the right of Azalea to get a Mareep...)

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Zel,I researched the weather for firered and I came to a conclusion.

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/8728/worksnowandnightzl1.png

I am so stupid I cant even believe it,I was designing overworld sprites only to find they were programed in the game so zel,the overworld sprites of all pokemon are already in the firered rom.

What was the conclusion?... (I know I can make a few weather effects, I've played with them in my AdvMap)

Saying "all" is a bit strange... You mean all ALL? (cause I can only see a few, like 20-30)

Just one question... will we be able to continue our save games from the first beta or will we have to start over?
Yeah we'd see all the new stuff you worked on if we start over but I am proud of my current team... has a Flaafy on it. :) (Although it didn't occur to me to go to the south route to get one so I used a Codebreaker code on the route to the right of Azalea to get a Mareep...)

Let me think...

I guess you can retain your saved file. But the patch must be applied once again to a clean FR rom. Of course, I've said there were a few changes in flags and so, probably you'll find some errors, or events happening once again (I think I did a few changes in the flags in Azalea and Team Rocket's event), other thing are the items, they'll show up all again, since I renumbered all of them (but this time if you take an item, it wont reappear).

So I guess you could use your saved game, but as a suggestion save inside a Pokemon Center, just to be sure. Keep in mind I dont know what could happen...

ArmchairRomeo

Aura Master
Years
So uhh... will this be able to battle/trade with the other GBA Pokemon games if put on a flash cart? That's mainly what I'm looking for. Of course, if it isn't possible to make a hack do that, then... oh well. Maybe then a Shiny Gold could trade with another Shiny Gold?

I just wanna own my friends' Pokemon with a Ho-oh that I got through just playing a remake of my favorite Pokemon game ever!

The hack looks AWESOME by the way. Finally I'll be able to play Gold without my data getting erased every two days.

martijn

HeartGold & Collosseum
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 28, 2016
It will be possible to trade with other games, though it's not really nessescary 'cause you can catch all Pokemon in this game (I'm now talking about an emulated situation with trading capabilities provided by the VBA mod, VBALink).
However, I don't think you'll be able to load it onto a flash card, since there are limits on how big a rom can be on a GBA, wich don't excist on a PC.

sahil

Mewtwo Hunter
Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2007
your doing great zel, but can you find both the silver and the rainbowwing in the hack? im asking that because the rainbowwing was availble in kanto.

martijn

HeartGold & Collosseum
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 28, 2016
It's not the size of the card that makes difference, it's the available memory on the handheld that's playing a major role/influence.
However, I'm not 100% sure 'bout the above...

insectduel

ROM-Hacker, YouTube content creator
Years
Wow, this weekend. Well my computer is temporarly frozen due to installation last monday. I have to raise money in order to get the Expert Computer Technician.

I won't be able to play your hack anymore until I got my computer fixed again.

insectduel

ROM-Hacker, YouTube content creator
Years
1. How Will You Do The Viridian Trainers School?

Don't you mean Pokemon battling where you fight against a clone. Because I was wondering about that too. Unless you're relying on something else.

Here's one from me.

If you're using Firered version of the game, how is it possible to do the scripts of the mystery events from R/S/E? That would be cool to do that in the Firered version in the Kanto Region.

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
Years
Don't you mean Pokemon battling where you fight against a clone. Because I was wondering about that too. Unless you're relying on something else.

Here's one from me.

If you're using Firered version of the game, how is it possible to do the scripts of the mystery events from R/S/E? That would be cool to do that in the Firered version in the Kanto Region.
Actually, FR/LG do have the Mystery Event, accessible on Seven Island.

ArmchairRomeo

Aura Master
Years
It's not the size of the card that makes difference, it's the available memory on the handheld that's playing a major role/influence.
However, I'm not 100% sure 'bout the above...

So if I put it on a flash cart and used that in my DS, would it work? Or is the GBA slot just using GBA hardware crammed in there?

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Well, I dont have many screenshots left (I'll probably post the rest tomorrow. Beta comes this Sunday, so stay tuned!)

So uhh... will this be able to battle/trade with the other GBA Pokemon games if put on a flash cart? That's mainly what I'm looking for. Of course, if it isn't possible to make a hack do that, then... oh well. Maybe then a Shiny Gold could trade with another Shiny Gold?

I just wanna own my friends' Pokemon with a Ho-oh that I got through just playing a remake of my favorite Pokemon game ever!

The hack looks AWESOME by the way. Finally I'll be able to play Gold without my data getting erased every two days.

Dont know about flashcarts, but most likely it'll work well against other Shiny Golds, and relatively well against other games (I'm not too sure if you'll be able to trade a poke from R/S/E just by having the NationalDex in Shiny Gold, probably there's some other flag to be activated, and so, you wont be able to trade 'em, just speculations).
However, be careful you two (you and martijn), since, to my eyes, you were getting a bit off-topic. Thanks!

your doing great zel, but can you find both the silver and the rainbowwing in the hack? im asking that because the rainbowwing was availble in kanto.

Yes, both of them will be (there's no more need for the Islands that had them in FR, so I'm editing them for other maps)

Wow, this weekend. Well my computer is temporarly frozen due to installation last monday. I have to raise money in order to get the Expert Computer Technician.

I won't be able to play your hack anymore until I got my computer fixed again.

Talk about bad luck... :(

IF Your Putting In Kanto, I Got A Couple Questions

1. How Will You Do The Viridian Trainers School?
2. What Will You Do With The Extra Maps You Have Leftover When The Hack Is Complete?

And I have a couple of answers.
1.Viridian Trainer School, wasnt it removed in Gold? (or well, moved to Violet), if not, then I dont remember anything in particular there. Perhaps the answer to the next post will fit better for you.
2.Dont know, but... "When the hack is Complete"... seems like a bit far away...

Here's one from me.

Perhaps it was this battling building (dont remember how it was called exactly). That's too easy to script. But, it's in Kanto, not only that is close to Pallet, that means, it's almost at the end of the game. You're going a lot far away than me, and I'm getting alone here... :P
Anyway, about the mystery events, probably I'm getting confused with the Mystery Gift, what were those events you talk about?

Actually, FR/LG do have the Mystery Event, accessible on Seven Island.

Once again, Mystery Event, I'll warp myself to Seven Island, just to investigate...

OH yeah! That reminds me of a question about FR, have you ever battled a trainer inside a house with a door locked by boxes in one of the Islands? (well, later removed, so you can battle). Cause, when I was playing with warps, I warped inside that locked room, only to find there was a Level (automatic) script which inmediately started a battle against a trainer... Rarely, this trainer was the Aqua Admin, and he had a Level 0 ? Pokemon. But that's not all, it was shiny!!!. Pretty funny, and interesting to see if it could be edited (somehow), perhaps this could open the path for a shiny wild battle! (unless the path was already open, I'll ask when the time comes...)

That's all folks! See ya later, gotta sleep, quite tired (havent slept for almost two days :knockedou)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back