• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Gift Challenge

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
The Gift Challenge
Hey Pokecommunity. After trying many challenges, I began thinking of my own. This challenge is the result of my thinking. I present to you, The Gift Challenge.

Rules
1. You cannot catch ANY Pokemon in this challenge. You must rely on in-game gift Pokemon alone (Fossil Pokemon can be classed as gift pokemon.) The only exception of this rule this that you can only catch ONE HM Slave, so you had better choose your starter wisely, or hope that one of the gift Pokemon in the game can learn the water HMs
2. Don't buy pokeballs...It's only gonna be a waste of time
3. HM slaves cannot be used in battle, only the gift Pokemon in your team.
4. Choose your game wisely, some games have more gift Pokemon than others, therefore making those games a little easier.
5. No game corner pokemon.
6. No trading from other games...would it be much of a challenge if you trade in strong pokemon?

The Challenge ends when the credits roll, Except from:
G/S/C - Beat Red at Mt.Silver
E - Beat Steven

Spoiler:

Challengers
Spoiler:

Champions
Spoiler:

A list of the gift pokemon available in each pokemon game.

I'll be taking the reins on this challenge to make sure it stays active. -alvmonster

Last edited:

Bellum

I'm Rin. Rin Okumura.
Years
First Update
- Beat Brocks gym
- Venom Evolved (woooo)
- Venom hit level 19
- Bought the Magikarp in the Route 4 Pokecenter, named him Leviathon.
- Got Leviathon up a bunch of levels in Mt.Moon
- Caught a Paras for my HM slave

Last edited:

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
Hi, i made ya a promise so i'll try that:

Username: KillerCroCohen
Game: I really don't know so PM me a game and i'll play it!
Additional rules: none.

Years
Name: AoTora
Game you are playing: LeafGreen
Any Additional rules you want to add: Have to nickname everybody and that would be it (:

Bellum

I'm Rin. Rin Okumura.
Years
Woooo awesome guys c:
be sure to update regularly, I wanna see the progress you make (:

Last edited:

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
Years
Sign me up!!!

Name: GucciMeme
Game: Yellow
Note: I'm doing a Nuzlocke variant, so all if any of my Gifts die, they're done for good.
Yellow gives me a pretty good selection as far as Gifts!
Pokemon-Yellow-cover-pokemon-trainer-games-10523763-320-320.jpg

Last edited:

Bellum

I'm Rin. Rin Okumura.
Years
Yay people are trying my challenge :D

Adding you to the challengers list now ^_^

btw, I really like your signature o.o

Blastin'Tyruntz

Years
Yo Nova listen i won'r have a full team unless i'll do an in-game trade and i sorta want a full team of 6. Can i do 1 in-game trade in Platinum so i can get a 6th pokemom?
After you'll answer i'll start updating.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
Name: Natnew
Game you are playing: Pearl
Any Additional rules you want to add: NO HM slaves
Status: [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glIuGjvfx-E&list=PL5Ahkg3EvWmXkzUNU0rbtFKiUuxc4qUTr&index=3"]Complete[/ame]

yep... this has been done before.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 20, 2017
Lets Give this one a try
Name: Jmacc
Game you are playing: Crystal
Any Additional rules you want to add: Nope

Bellum

I'm Rin. Rin Okumura.
Years
Yo Nova listen i won'r have a full team unless i'll do an in-game trade and i sorta want a full team of 6. Can i do 1 in-game trade in Platinum so i can get a 6th pokemom?
After you'll answer i'll start updating.

Lol the idea of the challenge is to use only gift pokemon, or pokemon you can obtain without catching eg. Fossils. So there is a limit in each game of how many you can use. You sometimes won't be able to have a full team of 6. So catching pokemon for in-game trades is kinda a no no, sorry lol.

Also you can actually get a full team of 6 in Platinum anyways xD Your starter, The Togepi egg from cynthia, a fossil pokemon, the porygon from the guy in Veilstone city, the Riolu egg from Riley on Iron Island and the Eevee from Bebe xD
So in-game trades won't be needed for a full team of 6 (:

Name: Natnew
Game you are playing: Pearl
Any Additional rules you want to add: NO HM slaves

yep... this has been done before.

Oh...I honestly did not know this was an existing challenge o.o I haven't seen a challenge like this on here before.

Also sorry for the lack of updates guys, my emulator has been playing up :/

Last edited:
Years
Oh yeah I actually complete this on Platinum a while ago xD I got it as one of the challenges in bingo thread XD There used to be a thread just like this though - but it wasn't really popular so I guess that it got locked :(

Bellum

I'm Rin. Rin Okumura.
Years
Oh yeah I actually complete this on Platinum a while ago xD I got it as one of the challenges in bingo thread XD There used to be a thread just like this though - but it wasn't really popular so I guess that it got locked :(

Lol well I guess it's been revived then haha xD

Years
Completed my challenge :D It wasn't that hard xD

Hall of fame:

Spoiler:

Final Team:

009.gif

Lea|Female|Serious Nature|Torrent|Lvl 59
Skull Bash
Bite
Surf
Blizzard

141.gif

Bill|Male|Naive Nature|Swift Swim|Lvl 56
Mud Shot
Giga Drain
Surf
Slash

131.gif

Nessie|Male|Relaxed Nature|Water Absorb|Lvl 55
Ice Beam
Body Slam
Rain Dance
Surf

142.gif

Araia|Female|Gentle Nature|Pressure|Lvl 55
Dragon Claw
Fly
Ancientpower
Bite

107.gif

Jackie|Male|Timid Nature|Keen Eye|Lvl 55
Bulk Up
Strength
Ice Punch
Sky Uppercut

136.gif

Aka|Male|Mild Nature|Flash Fire|Lvl 57
Fire Blast
Bite
Flamethrower
Quick Attack

New sign-up:
Name: AoTora
Game you are playing: Yet Another Manly Pink (Hack of FireRed with Unova pokemon instead of Kanto pokemon)
Any additional rules: Nope

Blastin'Tyruntz

Years
K so i'll guess i'll try now right?
Haha, Platinum, my arch-nemesis. You always make me quit early, well not this time mister! I made a promise!

So i started the game and chose Chimchar to get past the first 2 gyms and also Chim is the man! I got up to Jubilife, Chimchar is lvl 11.

Bellum

I'm Rin. Rin Okumura.
Years
Grats AoTora :3 Adding you to the champs list now ^_^ Also Kabutops...very nice fossil choice there, I always name mine Surgeon xD

also gotta add a new choice on the list xD

Years
I never used Kabutops before - He was awesome :3 I figured that I'd use him because I am already using omastar in another challenge- wasn't disappointed :D

Blastin'Tyruntz

Years
2nd update coming up!
Of course, after a few more battles, my Oliver evolved into a Monferno, and leraned mach punch. Roark is going down! He fell down, boom, 7 more to go! I bought pokeballs (only to catch a slave for rock smash, don't worry).So i caught a machop with no name to be my Rock smash slave atm. I went and saved at Floaroma town.

Bellum

I'm Rin. Rin Okumura.
Years
2nd update coming up!
Of course, after a few more battles, my Oliver evolved into a Monferno, and leraned mach punch. Roark is going down! He fell down, boom, 7 more to go! I bought pokeballs (only to catch a slave for rock smash, don't worry).So i caught a machop with no name to be my Rock smash slave atm. I went and saved at Floaroma town.

Very nice dude. IMO Bidoof would have been a better HM slave, it can learn Rock smash, cut and surf, but still, very nice (:

I never used Kabutops before - He was awesome :3 I figured that I'd use him because I am already using omastar in another challenge- wasn't disappointed :D

Fair enough lol, Yeah Kabutops has always been my fossil choice in fire red. I absolutely love that pokemon, it has never disappointed me (:

Emulator is still not working guys T_T I will play as soon as I can get it sorted and post an update asap

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
Years
Back to my Yellow "Gift Nuzlocke", all three of the Kanto starters (besides Pikachu, he's in very good shape) and Magikarp are dead.

This only leaves me with the possible choices of:
Pika (in party)
Eeveelution (in party)
Lapras
All 6 Game Corner Pokemon
Kabuto/tops

Back