• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I have got a Magikarp Level 5 which I bought from someone for 500 Pokemon Money and it's is the worst thing in my life, A WASTE OF MONEY. It has learnt Splash, but that does nothing, so how am I meant to make it grow and envolve without Rare Candy, and what moves is it able to learn?

Not too sure about movesets, but the best option to be able to make it grow is to give it an exp share, from either Icirrus City, or from the Battle Institute in Castelia. Just equip that to your Magikarp while you battle with the rest of the team and it'll level up in no time. :D

Years

Not too sure about movesets, but the best option to be able to make it grow is to give it an exp share, from either Icirrus City, or from the Battle Institute in Castelia. Just equip that to your Magikarp while you battle with the rest of the team and it'll level up in no time. :D
Could U explain carefully how I could get the Exp. Share from Icirrus or Castelia???

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Could U explain carefully how I could get the Exp. Share from Icirrus or Castelia???

Uhh I got the names wrong, Battle Company, not Insititute. Either way, the one I remember the most is in Castelia City, go to the Pokemon Centre, then keep going left until you reach the next building. It'll have two floors when you get to the elevator inside it, on floor 55 you'll be able to get the exp share from the man in the top right of the room after you battle him. :D

Clairissa

Shining brilliantly!
Years

In Iccirrus City there is a pokemon fan club, show him a happy pokemon and he will give you an exp share.
In Castelia City, it is a reward from defeating every trainer in the Battle Company.

Also, Magikarp may not be useful at all right now, but if you would like your surprise ruined, you can look here: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Magikarp , or just level it up a few times and see yourself.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
They're not out yet. Only in Japan. You're going to have to wait for pokemon.com to release them for English users.

yaya0

は真優勝
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2015
What is the chance of Harvest activating when not in sunlight?

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Why is it that when I click on the box to go the the Dream World, it goes to a new page and it is stuck on 0%?

pokefan345

モードストリート? ??スター
Years
Game Sync/Nintendo WFC thru a proxy?

I've been plagued by Nintendo WFC errors with my home Wifi network, most likely because I am forced to use a proxy to connect to the Internet. Seeing as Pokemon Black and White add DSi enhanced features, I would think it would work with proxy, but seems to still not. Is there any possible way to connect to Nintendo WFC through a proxy? I'm tired of having to use my neighbor's Wifi to use Game Sync. (Mostly because my voltage thing is broken for my touch screen, so it's all washed out, and I can't see it outside.)

EDIT: I'm getting Error Code 20100 consistently, and yes I've already followed Nintendo's advice to change the channel to 11.

Last edited:

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
OK, I'm having a pretty big problem with the Game Sync. I was able to "tuck in" my Pokémon just fine and did my dream world stuff (got a female Lickitung). The problem arose when I tried to use the Game Sync to "wake up" my Pokémon. So far, the game has been stuck on the screen that says "The Pokémon is being woken up... Don't turn off the Power." It's been like this for almost an hour. This is strange because this process took only 2 minutes.
Has anyone else been experiencing this problem?
Should I just turn the game off or turn my home's Wi-Fi off? Or does this problem resolve itself if you just wait it out? I really don't want to corrupt my save data...

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
Years
OK, I'm having a pretty big problem with the Game Sync. I was able to "tuck in" my Pokémon just fine and did my dream world stuff (got a female Lickitung). The problem arose when I tried to use the Game Sync to "wake up" my Pokémon. So far, the game has been stuck on the screen that says "The Pokémon is being woken up... Don't turn off the Power." It's been like this for almost an hour. This is strange because this process took only 2 minutes.
Has anyone else been experiencing this problem?
Should I just turn the game off or turn my home's Wi-Fi off? Or does this problem resolve itself if you just wait it out? I really don't want to corrupt my save data...

Well unless your game is frozen.... maybe turn off your wifi, so an error occurs and then try again. If that doesnt work then you will have to turn off the game.

Years
Where's the guy that buys the Nuggets and ores and stuff like that?

And is using vitamins considered "cheating" to some people like EV training?

Does it have to be a certain season to get Virizion, Cobalion, and Terrakion or is there soemthing i need to do?

One more thing: it's been saying that there's a Pokemon outburst in Route 1 for a couple days or more; isn't it suppose to change every day?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Where's the guy that buys the Nuggets and ores and stuff like that?
Iccirus City Pokemon Center. There's an elderly man next to the counter that'll buy evolution stones and gems.

And is using vitamins considered "cheating" to some people like EV training?
Not completely sure about this, but I'd say not really. You still get some points added to the stat. As I said, though, I'm not sure what the opinion is on vitamins/wings for this generation, but you'd probably be okay with it.

Does it have to be a certain season to get Virizion, Cobalion, and Terrakion or is there soemthing i need to do?
No particular season needed for them. The only thing that you need to do is capture Cobalion in Mistralton Cave before you can capture the other two. But once you can get to Mistralton Cave, you'll be able to catch them.

One more thing: it's been saying that there's a Pokemon outburst in Route 1 for a couple days or more; isn't it suppose to change every day?
Swarm Pokemon change at midnight every day. Why it isn't changing for you, I'm not sure. Hopefully someone else will be able to answer.

Years
In Iccirrus City there is a pokemon fan club, show him a happy pokemon and he will give you an exp share.
In Castelia City, it is a reward from defeating every trainer in the Battle Company.

Also, Magikarp may not be useful at all right now, but if you would like your surprise ruined, you can look here: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Magikarp , or just level it up a few times and see yourself.
Is there any other way cuz I got the Exp. share from both of them places, but I sold them!!! :(

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
Well, I'm afraid you were foolish, then. Exp. Shares don't sell for much, do they? And they're fantastic items to keep and use. The only way you'll be able to get another one is by restarting or trading, though not many people would be willing to give up such a useful item, I'd imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back