• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official Pokecommunity Pokemon XY: Kicking things off, Showdown Tournament!

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday

The Official Pokecommunity Pokemon XY: Kicking things off, Showdown Tournament!
XY-logo.jpg

As im sure you are all aware, XY has recently been released. Due to this, people havent finished breeding and whatnot yet. This opens up the doors for a Pokemon Showdown tournament, which is exactly what this is. So without further hesitation, here is the Official Pokecommunity XY tournament!

Have you ever wondered how good your skills really are? Well you are in the right place. Everyone is invited to test their skills against the very best. If that isnt enough of a incentive, we have emblems and bred pokemon as prizes! So sign yourself up if those appeal to you!

This will be a 16 man single elimination tourney done on the pokecommunity showdown server which is located here: http://pokecommunity.psim.us/, however the number of participants will increase if i get more people. You will have a WEEK to complete your battles when posted. So if you are unable to adhere to this you will be eliminated and the most active player will move on, dont sign up if you cant meet deadlines, simple.

Also to answer a few questions i have received as of late.

This tourney will be Pokebank OU. What that means is all older Pokemon will be allowed which means it wont being a temporary restricted metagame (i.e what it is now), this is what the metagame will be after December 25th after Pokebank will be released officially is basically.

Another issue, some sets arent working properly on Pokemon Showdown, despite being confirmed legal by smogon and serebii. I alerted wolf about this and to rectify this issue the battles will have the option of being done in "Custom" format game. This will allow legal confirmed sets. However, if you are found using a blatantly illegal moves or sets (replays WILL be sent to me or wolf) you will be DQ'd or made to rematch without the move/s in question with the same teams. If its a minor mistake we will ask your opponent if they were ok or not with it and come to a decision after this, but then the move/set must be changed. So be safe and check on serebii or smogon if in doubt. :)

Once battles are completed, send myself or wolflare the replay for confirmation.

Rules and Regulations

Clauses

Evasion Clause
A player cannot increase their Pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.

OHKO Clause
A player cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.

Sleep Clause
A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.

Species Clause
A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.

Wi-Fi Clause
A player can view their opponent's team and change the team order accordingly. This feature is forced in wireless competition.

Moody Clause
No player may use the ability "Moody" on any Pokemon.

Mega-Evolution Clause
You may use only ONE mega evolution ONLY per team as per the cart.

Ban List

Items
All items that increase Evasion (BrightPowder, Lax Incense)

Moves
All moves that increase Evasion only (Double Team, Minimize)
All instant OHKO moves (Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, Sheer Cold)

Pokemon
Arceus (all formes), Kyurem-W, Rayquaza, Palkia, Mewtwo (all formes), Zekrom, Lugia, Dialga, Reshiram, Ho-Oh, Giratina (all formes), Groudon, Kyogre, Deoxys (all formes), Shaymin-S, Darkrai, Xerneas, Yvetal.

EDIT: All formes of Blaziken are now banned with accordance to smogon.

Rulings

Identity
Some participants may want to play their games on an alternate account of Pokémon Showdown. There is nothing I will do to stop this, but I don't want to hear about someone's identity being stolen or being coached how to play through private messages. I will take severe action against either of them.

Scouting
Counterteaming is a common complaint in tournaments. I don't want to hear about it. Don't scout your opponent. There is a difference between knowing someone commonly uses a certain style of team than watching someone's battles to learn exactly what their team is. Participants can play their games with Disallow Spectators and can ask any person to leave their game if they don't want them watching.

Timer Clause
As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calculation for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave in middle of the battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.

Disconnections
Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.

Respect
Respect your opponent, trolling or any abuse will not be tolerated.

Have Fun
Seriously, its a whole new metagame and gen. Go crazy, enjoy yourself and experiment and show people how good you are!

If you have any questions or if you think anyone has violated a rule against you during this tournament, please dont hesitate to contact myself or wolf.

Registration and Participants
Registration Form
PokéCommunity Username:
Pokémon Showdown Username:
Time Zone:

Participants

Spoiler:

Rounds

Round1

Round 2 + Losers Bracket

Last edited:

Pokedra

Retired
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 21, 2016
PokéCommunity Username: Pokedra
Pokémon Showdown Username: Pokie
Time Zone: GMT + 11

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
PokéCommunity Username: Mr. X
Pokémon Showdown Username: Tratos
Time Zone: UTC -6 (Central US/Canada)

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
PokéCommunity Username: Zeffy
Pokémon Showdown Username: Zeffy
Time Zone: UTC+8

i will win with my dragalge even though i have no idea what that pokemon looks like

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
looks interesting, give me a spot

PokéCommunity Username: midnightshine
Pokémon Showdown Username: auqawave/goomygoo
Time Zone: UTC +8

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
K guys two more slots. :) So sign up and fill those last two slots so we can get this started. :)

Also to answer a few questions i have received as of late.

This tourney will be Pokebank OU. What that means is all older Pokemon will be allowed which means it wont being a temporary restricted metagame (i.e what it is now), this is what the metagame will be after December 25th after Pokebank will be released officially is basically.

Another issue, some sets arent working properly on Pokemon Showdown, despite being confirmed legal by smogon and serebii. I alerted wolf about this and to rectify this issue the battles will have the option of being done in "Custom" format game. This will allow legal confirmed sets. However, if you are found using a blatantly illegal moves or sets (replays WILL be sent to me or wolf) you will be DQ'd or made to rematch without the move/s in question with the same teams. If its a minor mistake we will ask your opponent if they were ok or not with it and come to a decision after this, but then the move/set must be changed. So be safe and check on serebii or smogon if in doubt. :)

But dont worry, we wont let anything dumb happen or be too harsh if it was a genuine mistake and not anything blatantly illegal.

Alright have fun. Ill add this to the OP so its easier to see too.

Last edited:

Fire Flyy

metaphysical poet
Years
PokéCommunity Username: Fire Flyy
Pokémon Showdown Username: HouseOfBalloons
Time Zone: GMT -5 / EST

was just gonna be a casual this gen but ill play doe

ooka i dont see any reason to leave this tourney unless youre hard pressed for time

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Ok thanks for the sign up guys. :) Round 1 is up, you have a week to compete the matches. As said, once you have completed your match please either send me the log via pokemon showdown, vm it me or pm it me or do the same but with Wolflare.

http://challonge.com/pokecommunityxytourney

nmgsad.png

Im also still taking subs so feel free to sign up still. :)

K have fun and good luck. :)

Back